Ok, I suppose we can argue about just what one means by "bigger". The only way that that percentage of people are not even wrong is if we say the Sun looks smaller in the sky than the Earth beneath us which is obviously huge. That is the only defense for that answer.
That many people don't get a basic question of logic, astronomy and physics correct leaves me utterly speechless.
If anyone wonders why various bits of pseudo science can find a following among the unwashed masses they need look no father than to the minds that cannot answer such a basic question.
In case anyone needs it explained...the correct answer is that the sun is bigger. It has many times greater mass, and volume than the Earth. It's apparent size in the sky not withstanding the Sun is bigger than the Earth in every way.
- Satoshi Kanazawa, racist or reporter of actual human behavior? A quick look at OK Cupids data
- Study: Same-Sex And Heterosexual Couples Have Same Levels Of Relationship Satisfaction And Commitment
- Canadian Homosexuals Make Significantly Less Money Than Heterosexuals
- Different HIV Rates Among Homosexuals And Heterosexuals Ignores Risky Behavior Data
- Study Shows Men Attracted to Transgender Women are NOT Gay. DUH!