Science Education & Policy
- ‘Ropeless’ Crab Gear Would Put Whales At Greater Risk
Advocates for proposed crab gear legislation in California, AB 534, often cite misleading information in support of policies that would destroy California’s iconic and sustainable trap fisheries, while doing noth ...
Article - Ben Platt - Jun 2 2021 - 4:35pm
- Distance Learning Doesn't Teach People To Think
The modern research university was designed to produce new knowledge and to pass that knowledge on to students. North American universities over the last 100 years have been exceptionally good at that task. But this is not all that universities can do or ...
Article - The Conversation - Jun 14 2021 - 1:08pm
- There Are Pipelines All Across The Country- Except For Water. That Should Change
Over 26 percent of the western US is in exceptional drought while 72 percent is in severe drought. That has not stopped the federal government from dumping so much water into rivers it creates hazardous conditions for people in them. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jun 15 2021 - 1:08am
- Cornell University Course Asked Is The Term Black Hole Racist. It Is Not.
C ornell University's accreditation should be called into question for having offered a course called “Black Holes: Race and the Cosmos. I cannot begin to put into works how vacuous this is. One would compare it to the region inside the Schwarzsch ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Jun 23 2021 - 9:59pm
- Too Little Water Storage, Pseudoscience Environmental Laws, Plus Drought Put California At Risk
Major droughts in California happen every 20 years and smaller ones more frequently, yet northern California has not built major water infrastructure since the 1960s while the population has doubled. Environmental lawyers block any infrastructure improveme ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jun 29 2021 - 10:39am
- The Fundamental Importance Of An Authentically Inclusive Education: From Cornell's "Racist" Black Hole Course To Yeonmi Park's Complaints
U niversities trying to teach a curriculum full of performative equity and inclusion are failing their students. Something which will cost Black and Brown people in the long run. The way to teach about the intellectual diversity of humanity and to includ ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Jun 29 2021 - 9:30pm
- On Critical Race Theory and The NEA. They Represent College Professors Too. CRT Is Not In Your Elementary School.
C ritical Race Theory is a reasonable curriculum according to a new business item from the representative assembly of the National Education Association. Some are taking this to mean teaching real academic CRT in like kindergarten or 6th grade. This is n ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Jul 6 2021 - 5:06pm
- Stop Testing For Coronavirus In Schools
Education Secretary Gavin Williamson has announced the end of school “bubbles” in England from July 19, following the news that 375,000 children did not attend school for COVID-19-related reasons in June. Under the current system, if a schoolchild becomes ...
Article - The Conversation - Jul 8 2021 - 5:31am
- Screen Time Up, Reading Scores Down- Just Correlation Or Is It A Real Effect?
Correlation can accomplish anything, it's how the U.S. National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences consistently finds a way to endorse chemicals in the organic food process while scaring people about chemicals everywhere else.(1) It's ho ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jul 9 2021 - 11:28am
- Critical Race Theory And Anti Racism Are Not Racist Against Asians Or Anyone Else. The Model Minority Myth Does Not Disprove CRT.
A new angle of attack on the teaching of so-called critical race theory is that it is racist against Asians because some writings on it say that they are “White Adjacent.” Since CRT is supposedly racist against White people it is then therefore also raci ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Jul 19 2021 - 8:11am