Science Education & Policy
- Bipartisan Legislation Hopes To Promote Science-Based Product Labeling And Packaging
Packages and labels can be a bit of a mess in the 21st century. What is GMO plastic? Who knows? Yet a company named World Centric is selling ZeroWare 2.0 Reusable Dishware- "alternative" tableware they note is not only free of melamine, which the ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Mar 3 2020 - 11:41am
- 3 Ways The CDC Problem Was Evident Long Before 2020
In 2015 I began to wonder when CDC, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, had lost its way. Since I am neither Republican or Democrat, I had to wonder if the Obama administration was the problem, the same way Democrats insist Trump is the pr ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Mar 13 2020 - 3:36pm
- Coronavirus Shows The Precautionary Principle Blocking Science Advances Has Failed- We Need To Stop It
California Governor Gavin Newsom has gone just this side of declaring martial law due to a.000008 risk of death from COVID-19. His promotion of panic has led to depletion of essential goods nationwide. With 40,000,000 people and the fifth largest economy i ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Mar 20 2020 - 9:55am
- New York Is Blaming Washington DC For Its Coronavirus Problem
In 2015, New York Governor Mario Cuomo and his politically allied state legislature told experts to create a rationing plan for ventilators in case of a pandemic in the state. Though Ebola was wrecking Africa and coronavirus had done the same to the mid-ea ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Mar 31 2020 - 10:53am
- The Strategic National Stockpile Was Not Designed For An Extreme Event
As the COVID-19 crisis unfolds, Americans have been hearing a lot about an obscure but vast federal trove of emergency supplies, the Strategic National Stockpile. ...
Article - The Conversation - Apr 2 2020 - 1:01pm
- Coronavirus Treatment Retraction Shows The Life Sciences Are Too Often ‘A House Built On Sand’
The International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents has already retracted a March 20th paper analyzing hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19, the disease that can result from the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus that originated in Wuhan, China late last yea ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Apr 15 2020 - 10:29am
- Manuscript on Chemical Bonds: Lesson 2 Periodic Trends
This is the second in a series of topics on Chemical Bonds.hibr /> This is intended for use in general chemistry classes. More particularly, for non-chemistry major and high school students. Why Hank's Campbell's Science 2.0 website? Well, t ...
Blog Post - Camilo Tabinas - Apr 30 2020 - 8:54am
- Coronavirus Week 19: Make This 2,000-year-old Roman Bread Recipe
If you've run out of friends to give your sourdought Friendship bread to, and 'feeding' it every three days has become drudgery, you can mix things up a little during your COVID-19 baking spree by making bread the Romans made 2,000 years ago ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 29 2020 - 3:11pm
- Scientific Method: Concepts Review and Students' Activity
This post is intended for students in general chemistry class. ...
Blog Post - Camilo Tabinas - Jul 30 2020 - 8:39am
- The Best Types Of Computer For Most Online Classes.
W hat are the best computing devices for online classes? As an adjunct professor here is my opinion on what makes for a good computer for online courses, and a few suggestions of which computers to buy. The key factors to consider are compatibility with ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Aug 11 2020 - 9:13pm