Science Education & Policy
- With Fluoride Decision, Canadians Are Moving Back Toward Mainstream Science And Medicine
In 2013, the Windsor city council voted 8-3 to remove fluoride from water. This was not the work of right-wing John Birch Society members, who were against fluoride in the 1950s because it was government interference in water, this was the result of left-w ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 18 2018 - 6:49pm
- President Trump Has Ended Hemp Prohibition
By signing the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, colloquially called the Farm Bill, President Donald Trump removed industrial hemp from the controlled substances list. For the first time in over 80 years, farmers can grow and sell industrial hemp. ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 20 2018 - 5:49pm
- The National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Law List Is Announced
In July, 2016, to stave off a patchwork of state rules on food labels, and an effort by Democrats to put warning labels on genetically modified foods a few years prior, Congress directed the U.S. Department of Agriculture to create a national mandatory sta ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 26 2018 - 12:00pm
- 4 Lessons The AIDS Epidemic Taught Us About How To Deal With The Opioid Addiction Crisis
Medicine is not going to be enough. That was the first lesson that the world learned when Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) raged across cultures in the 1980s. Though its cause was learned to be Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) its transmission ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 7 2019 - 11:01am
- How More Environmental Regulations Lead To More CO2 Emissions
Data from 110 counties in 33 states from 1998 to 2014 has found that brute preservation efforts, the 'nature cannot be touched by humans' kind promoted by aggressive environmental groups, leads to more greenhouse gas emissions. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Feb 4 2019 - 2:08pm
- War On Science: Attacks On GMOs And Vaccines Reduce Trust In All Scientists
Article - The Conversation - Feb 8 2019 - 11:44am
- After 25 Years Of Chaos, FDA Signals For Reform When It Comes To Supplement Oversight
United States Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., has been in the private sector and in government, he has been care provider and patient, he has used supplements and watched as a $40 billion supplements industry duped the gulli ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Feb 11 2019 - 7:05pm
- Marijuana Became Legal In Washington State, And Became Less Cool To Teens
In Washington state, once retail sales were legalized, marijuana use by 8th and 10th graders actually declined. An obvious argument is that by legalizing it, the black market began to evaporate, and ethical vendors with legal businesses to lose are less li ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 19 2019 - 12:58pm
- Republicans And Democrats Are Equal In Science Knowledge- It's Gender, Education And Ethnicity That Make The Difference
Americans with more formal education fare better on science-related questions, minorities fare worse, and Republicans and Democrats are roughly similar in their overall levels of science knowledge. according to a new study released today by Pew Research Ce ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 28 2019 - 1:24pm
- While The House Pushes Green New Deal Fan Fiction, The Senate Wants To Lower Emissions Using Science
The Green New Deal is the name given to a half-formed quasi-rational publicity stunt formed by the New Guard in the House of Representatives. Deniers for hire like Organic Consumers Association, which are opposed to agriculture (not to mention their endor ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Apr 1 2019 - 3:14pm