- Does 'The Goblin' Make Neptune Sized Planet 9 More Likely?... And Are Mars Or Earth Sized 'Goblin's Possible?
Does this discovery of 'The Goblin make 'Planet 9' more likely? Yes I’d say so. It’s looking really strange. I’m beginning to be won around to the idea:). There is plenty of space for planets to exist beyond Neptune. No known big gas giants ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jan 22 2019 - 1:30pm
- Fun Speculation- Can Neptune Sized Exomoon Have Moonlets Like Neptune's Triton? Or A Ring? Even Moonlets Of Moonlets?
Just before the flyby of Pluto by New Horizons I wrote a speculative fun article about whether it could spot moonlets of Pluto’s moons. Can Moons Have Moons? Or Rings? Theoretically it seems possible that moonlets just possibly might be dynamically stable ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 6 2018 - 11:36am
- Might Astronauts Be Able To Dive Through A Liquid Airlock Into A Lunar Cave Habitat From The Surface Vacuum? (Like A Barometer)
This is a rather fun idea by Peter Koch originally suggested in the Moon Miner's Manifest Classics- 1987-1988 (see page 31). It's not so likely in the early stages, because of the large amounts of water needed to construct it, but it may perhaps ...
Article - Robert Walker - Oct 10 2018 - 10:37pm
- Mycorrhiza Means Space Farms
What would it take to grow potatoes or tomatoes in space? Some mycorrhiza, it turns out. Currently NASA can't even get a telescope into space without being wildly over budget and 10 years behind schedule so they are not putting colonies on the moon an ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 15 2018 - 6:40pm
- NGC 2467: The Pirate Of The Southern Skies Gets A New Image For Halloween
Using FORS2, an instrument mounted on ESO’s Very Large Telescope, government astronomers have observed the active star-forming region NGC 2467 — the Skull and Crossbones Nebula, called such because of the dust, gas and bright young stars gravitationally bo ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 24 2018 - 10:00am
- 2002 NT7 Will NOT Hit Earth Feb 1, 2019- Known Since Aug 1, 2002- Normal For Asteroids To Be Removed From Sentry Impact Table
I am getting many people contacting me scared of this asteroid, which was proved to miss Earth back on 1st August 2002! Right now, it is coming from below Earth's orbit, but not directly towards us. We are circling the sun at the same time. It crosse ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jan 23 2019 - 1:32pm
- Was Oumuamua A Solar Sail From An Alien Civilization That Flew Past Earth Last Year? Entertaining But Implausible Suggestion
Short summary: it's an entertaining but rather far fetched proposal in an arxiv preprint not published anywhere but mentioned in a Scientific American op ed. Implausible for many reasons including its spectrum which is not the shiny spectrum you' ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 6 2018 - 1:21pm
- No, The World Is Not Going To Explode Because Of Sea Water Sinking Into Subduction Zones- What Does The Research Say?
This is a very bizarre click bait title from the NY Post that is scaring people. There is nothing here to worry anyone. It is not true at all,even the article itself says nothing about the planet exploding. Just some journalists inventive idea about a way ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 22 2018 - 10:39pm
- Why You Don’t Need To Be Scared Of The Apep Potential Gamma Ray Burst Star- Not Pointed Our Way
Nothing to worry about for us. It's pointing in the wrong direction to ever harm us with the gamma ray burst jet. Their best fit model is that it is angled at 30 degrees to the line of sight. It is too far away from us anyway at 8,000 light years. An ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 22 2018 - 6:18pm
- Nothing To Worry About- ‘Dark Matter Hurricane’- If Exists, Has Blown Through Earth For All Human History & We Don't Notice
This is running as a scary story in the more sensationalist science outlets. Dark matter barely interacts with matter and if they are right we are right in the middle of it already. It can’t do any harm. It’s been doing this for all of human history and m ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 27 2018 - 3:51pm