- 2002 NT7 Will NOT Hit Earth Feb 1, 2019- Known Since Aug 1, 2002- Normal For Asteroids To Be Removed From Sentry Impact Table
I am getting many people contacting me scared of this asteroid, which was proved to miss Earth back on 1st August 2002! Right now, it is coming from below Earth's orbit, but not directly towards us. We are circling the sun at the same time. It crosse ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jan 23 2019 - 1:32pm
- Was Oumuamua A Solar Sail From An Alien Civilization That Flew Past Earth Last Year? Entertaining But Implausible Suggestion
Short summary: it's an entertaining but rather far fetched proposal in an arxiv preprint not published anywhere but mentioned in a Scientific American op ed. Implausible for many reasons including its spectrum which is not the shiny spectrum you' ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 6 2018 - 1:21pm
- No, The World Is Not Going To Explode Because Of Sea Water Sinking Into Subduction Zones- What Does The Research Say?
This is a very bizarre click bait title from the NY Post that is scaring people. There is nothing here to worry anyone. It is not true at all,even the article itself says nothing about the planet exploding. Just some journalists inventive idea about a way ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 22 2018 - 10:39pm
- Why You Don’t Need To Be Scared Of The Apep Potential Gamma Ray Burst Star- Not Pointed Our Way
Nothing to worry about for us. It's pointing in the wrong direction to ever harm us with the gamma ray burst jet. Their best fit model is that it is angled at 30 degrees to the line of sight. It is too far away from us anyway at 8,000 light years. An ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 22 2018 - 6:18pm
- Nothing To Worry About- ‘Dark Matter Hurricane’- If Exists, Has Blown Through Earth For All Human History & We Don't Notice
This is running as a scary story in the more sensationalist science outlets. Dark matter barely interacts with matter and if they are right we are right in the middle of it already. It can’t do any harm. It’s been doing this for all of human history and m ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 27 2018 - 3:51pm
- Why Landing On Mars Is So Hard, The Martian Atmosphere, a Deathlylocks Zone.
M ore Mars landing attempts have failed than on any other planet or moon due to one fundamental physical property of Mars. That property is the atmosphere. This is the reality NASA will face Monday November 26 th 2018 and every time they land on Mars. The ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Nov 25 2018 - 11:17pm
- Watch InSight's Successful Landing On Mars- First Peek Into Deep Interior, First Interplanetary Cube Sats, Many Firsts...
Coverage began at 2 p.m. Eastern (7 p.m. UTC). Landing started about 40 minutes later, the entire landing telemetry was streamed live through the briefcase sized Mars Cube One interplanetary "cube sats", and at around 3.01 p.m. EST they got firs ...
Article - Robert Walker - Nov 29 2018 - 11:55pm
- Fast Radio Bursts: Solving One Of The Universe's Mysteries
One of the most baffling puzzles of modern astrophysics is the nature of Fast Radio Bursts, which were discovered in 2007. These are seemingly rare, extremely bright flashes of light with radio wavelengths. They last only milliseconds; originate outside o ...
Article - The Conversation - Nov 29 2018 - 8:00am
- HAT-P-11b: An Exoplanet Inflated Like A Helium Balloon
A distant planet has an abundance of helium in its atmosphere so great that it has swollen to resemble an inflated balloon. The helium of HAT-P-11b, 124 light years from Earth and in the Cygnus constellation, is blown away from the day side of the planet t ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 6 2018 - 4:16pm
- No Need To Be Scared Of Asteroids- Far Less Scary Than Lightning
Short summary- the risk from larger asteroids of 1 km upwards, large enough to have some global effects is more or less retired as a result of astronomical searches for the last few decades. There is still a risk from smaller asteroids, but in most cases ...
Article - Robert Walker - Dec 11 2018 - 2:20am