Science writer Carl Zimmer is building anticipation for his new book, Microcosm: E. coli and The New Science of Life. His latest hype-building piece is up at Wired. It's short and worth checking out. Zimmer's book is about some interesting research in the emerging field of Systems Biology, especially that research that's been done in the bacterium E. coli over the last 10 years. Although I've probably read every scientific paper that Zimmer will discuss in his book, he's managed to get me excited about the book - on May 6th, the release date, you can find me at the first book store I can get to. I'll put up my review here shortly, but don't wait for the review - go check out the book yourself on Tuesday.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Perovskite Oxides: New Material For Solar Panels Could Make Them Cost-Effective And Efficient
- Big Crunch Beta Functions: The End Of The Universe Is Closer Than You Think
- The Problem For 23andMe And The FDA: People Don't Understand Genetic Test Results Or Their Implications
- Worm Eggs, Hot Baths - Two Ideas For Treating High-Functioning Autism
- Redefining Old Age For The 21st Century
- Eurygnathohippus Woldegabrieli Is A New Species Of Horse, 4.4 Million Years Old
- Is The Close Encounters Theme Tune Just Fun - Or Is Spielberg's "Musical Maths", One Of The Easiest Ways To Communicate With ETs?
- "For General Relativity, light is observed to be bent from Earth observers due to mass bending Time..."
- "Yes, yes, American education sucks. The self-loathing fix has been in for decades - but when anyone..."
- "Do tests adequately predict academic success? Not really. When American students took the first..."
- "The Science 2.0 audience is not Mother Jones or USA Today, they understand the nature of traits..."
- "A study is not a study when the people behind it take survey results, place the respondents on..."
- Entropy and sodium intakes, the wicked problems of health sciences
- The Physical Origin of Evolution.
- Australian Researchers Discover Potential Blue Green Algae Cause & Treatment of Motor Neuron Disease (MND) & (ALS)
- 40 really awful writing prompts that no writer should use
- Learning Should Not Be Easy
- New screening strategy to prevent cardiovascular complications in sports
- Wrist fracture significantly raises risk of hip fracture
- Disease, not climate change, fueling frog declines in the Andes, study finds
- Scientists and practitioners don't see eye to eye on repressed memory
- Obstetric care may differ at rural versus urban hospitals, reports Medical Care