A greeting card appropriate to Silchester, about 1500 years ago.
The English is from a little bit later, more likely King Alfred’s time. However, for the Britons still living there, although surrounded by Saxons, I have to use Modern Welsh, since only a few Ogham inscriptions from that time survive.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Giddings: The 750 GeV Diphoton Resonance Is A Graviton
- Why Your Muscles Get Less Sore As You Stick With Your Gym Routine
- Inconvenient Truth: There Are Synthetic Pesticide Residues On Organic
- No Higgs Needed: 5 Ways Particle Accelerators Have Changed The World
- Starting Age Of Marijuana Use May Have Long-term Effects On Brain Development
- Lipid-based Diets Effectively Combat Alzheimer's Disease In Mouse Model
- A.I. May Tell Us What's Going To Be Big In Science This Year
- "There are recent longitudinal studies, with well over 100 sets of twins included. The studies disclosed..."
- "Hi Tommaso,There are by now many possibilities to explain possible new particles, and one must..."
- "It may... Or it may not! THAT'S SCIENCE!!! ..."
- "(sarc on) Nice try! (sarc off) Typical reply from an uninformed ditto-head alarmist, that is, to..."
- " Not sure what point you are trying to make, but... No, most of the energy emitted from the Earth..."
- National Academy of Medicine Supports Replacing Faulty Mitochondrial DNA
- Pregnant & Still Smoking: Better Way Needed To Quit
- ‘Healthy Obesity’ May Be an Oxymoron, Study Says
- Keeping the PBJ, While Chasing NBA Immortality
- The Public Toilet Seat’s Place on the ‘Ick Scale’
- Moms-to-Be: Take Chocolate Benefits With Grain of Salt
- New alcohol guidelines unlikely to have a direct impact on drinking
- Reverse US funding freeze on research into gun violence, say experts
- Should PCORI fund more primary care research?
- Lower oxygen saturation levels increase risk of death in extremely preterm infants -- NEJM
- New study reveals incidence of dementia may be declining