The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, which owns Albert Einstein's papers, is pulling never-before seen items from its climate-controlled safe, photographing them in high resolution and posting them on the Internet.
Since 2003, 900 manuscript images have been posted online but a grant from the Polonsky Foundation UK, which previously helped digitize Isaac Newton’s papers, is going to make all 80,000 items available.
Want to read his love letters? See a handwritten explanation of his theory of relativity and E=MC^2? His thoughts on fellow Jews even before Hitler rose to power? It's all there. They also dispel another urban legend - that he did poorly in school - by publishing his grades.
Einstem helped found the University and left his papers and rights to his image to the school on his death.
Give it a look: http://alberteinstein.info
Never-before seen items from Albert Einstein’s archives to be revealed online By Daniel Estrin, The Associated Press
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Nibiru "Blood Moon" Video Is Internet Hoax - Kudos To Independent For Hoax Debunking Article
- Your Microbiome Did Not Cause Your Weight Problem
- A Great Blitz Game
- On Sexuality, You Weren't Born That Way, Says Paper
- Beekeeping Fad And The Stress Of Traveling Is Harmful To Bees
- Your Coffee Habits May Be Written In Your DNA
- Anomaly!: Book News And A Clip
- "Yes I agree, it's especially sad when very young children get worried about this stuff, when there's..."
- "LocalFluff - just to say I didn't delete your comment on Stuart's post, or hide it - it was automatically..."
- "Yes I agree. I think there is a lot of hope as well, there are many who are working to save the..."
- "Oh that was just a joke. We have a way of telling jokes in the UK that we use sometimes - a very..."
- "Kaylee, oh sorry to hear that. Yes I know what you mean, from others who are in the same situation..."
- Another Kardashian Craze Debunked
- Fad Friday: Ditch The Body Wrap!
- Commonly Cited Stat of 10 Bacteria for Every 1 Human Cell Is Wrong
- Why The EpiPen And Other Generic Drugs Are So Expensive
- Latest IARC Report Connects Fatness with More Cancers
- Fact Checking Mylan Claims They Raised The EpiPen Price Because of Improvements
- Physician advice to patients on e-cigarettes varies, reveals knowledge gaps, study shows
- Discovery of a novel Wnt inhibitor with potential to eradicate colorectal cancer stem cells
- Novel inhibitory brain receptor may be mechanism for remission of epilepsy in adolescence
- Vouchers help get health goods to those most in need
- X-raying the Earth with waves from stormy weather 'bombs'