Tomorrow, more than 1,300 Pop Warner cheerleaders will join Science Cheerleader members in an attempt to break the Guinness World Record™ for the “World’s Largest Cheering Team” – a record set in China during the 2008 Olympics. Former NFL and NBA cheerleaders will lead the youth cheerleading squads in a five-minute cheer that touts the importance of science and engineering.
Pop Warner and Science Cheerleader will attempt to bring this record to the United States by breaking it at the Pop Warner Eastern Region Cheer Championships held at the Sun National Bank Arena.
Check at Science Cheerleader for the details tomorrow - but you should already be doing that, because Darlene Cavalier is awesome.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Part I: Bee Deaths Mystery Solved? Neonicotinoids (Neonics) May Actually Help Bee Health
- Smoking, Drinking And Eating: It's Not About Your Freedom
- Big Data Engineering - Now With More Neuroscience
- Science Enters The Brown Versus White Bread Battle
- Part II: Bee Deaths And CCD - Flawed Chensheng Lu Harvard Studies Endanger Bees
- Hype Around Marijuana As Treatment For Cancer Unwarranted
- Coffee Lowers Risk Of Alzheimer's Up To 20 Percent
- "Like the majority of Americans, I strongly support the immediate, complete legalization of Marijuana..."
- "A couple of hundred meters cable length is already generous to completely eliminate the coriolis..."
- "And today's new plan to return samples to Earth, not from Mars but from Ceres: http://english.nssc..."
- "Thanks great to have those links on sample return. Again - samples of dust from the atmosphere..."
- "ARTIFICIAL GRAVITYThe thing is - seems simple but it isn't - because the size of the centrifuge..."