Tomorrow, more than 1,300 Pop Warner cheerleaders will join Science Cheerleader members in an attempt to break the Guinness World Record™ for the “World’s Largest Cheering Team” – a record set in China during the 2008 Olympics. Former NFL and NBA cheerleaders will lead the youth cheerleading squads in a five-minute cheer that touts the importance of science and engineering.
Pop Warner and Science Cheerleader will attempt to bring this record to the United States by breaking it at the Pop Warner Eastern Region Cheer Championships held at the Sun National Bank Arena.
Check at Science Cheerleader for the details tomorrow - but you should already be doing that, because Darlene Cavalier is awesome.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- ATLAS Higgs Challenge Results
- Radical Rethink: Sugars Are The Only Cause Of Tooth Decay
- Drugs For Mild Hypertension In Low Risk People Questioned
- Genetically Modified Wheat, Without The GMO Drama
- Life After The 125 GeV Higgs: What Is Left Of Two-Higgs Doublet Models
- It's Almost 2015 - So Where Is My Hoverboard?
- Being Too Analytical Could Push Ethics Out The Door
- "The barycenter of the Solar System wobbles due to the motion of the planets.Here..."
- "I wanted just to introduce another jargon, the machine learning one ;)..."
- "Hi Dario,as far as I know, there is no limit, other than decency, to the number of Higgses you..."
- "Hi Massimo,indeed, what you are referring to I call look-elsewhere effect, although it is a generalized..."
- "Hi Tommaso, nice entry! I have a quite straightforward question: is there any theoretical hindrance..."