Some schools, and some psychologists, are concerned about the emotional trauma kids might endure if they have a falling out with a close friend. Solution: Ban kids from having best friends. Kids have to only play in groups.
Educational psychologist Gaynor Sbuttoni said the policy has been used at schools in Kingston, South West London, and Surrey. "They are doing it because they want to save the child the pain of splitting up from their best friend."
Not all in education agree. Russell Hobby, of the National Association of Head Teachers, told Harry Hawkins of The Sun, "I don't think it is widespread but it is clearly happening. It seems bizarre."
Bizarre, indeed. Hyperactive school administrators or helicopter parents? Good luck figuring out who is behind this one.
Good thing America isn't so goofy as to ban little kids from having friends. We only ban kids from hugging each other.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Standards Needed For Post-Conviction Review Of Forensic Evidence
- Temperature Records Study Shows Climate Models Underestimate Magnitude Of Natural Climate Wiggles
- The Era Of The Atom
- Will Asteroid 2012 TC4 Hit Earth in October 2017?
- Anti-Vaccine Beliefs Raced Around The World While Science Was Putting On Its Shoes
- Thorium Can Serve As A Nuclear Fuel For Commercial Electricity Generation
- Cardiovascular Risk Factors And Alzheimer's Disease Genetic Overlap
- "The Vaccine Injury act makes it much easier to get compensation. The legal bar is much lower than..."
- "That's still interestingly different from my guess. :) Cool! Thanks. Will you post the reference..."
- "Yes, and there was also the Radi-Thor, a thorium-enriched drink - the producer died of cancer,..."
- "Another nice use of radiation in the beginning of XX century (say, until 1930 or so) was painting..."
- "Another comment: the skylab astronauts running around in their jogging track experienced about..."
Books By Writers Here