It seems to make sense that if you have what they call 'football instincts' and an ability to memorize plays you can be successful in the NFL regardless of IQ.
That doesn't mean general managers, who are risking a lot of money and so have to make the safest choices they can make, agree - if a player is too smart.
Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy scored twice the average of NFL quarterbacks on the Wonderlic test the NFL uses. And it may cost him positioning in the draft.
Is Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy too smart for the NFL? - ScienceAndSupermodels.com
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Moderate Pot Use By Adolescents Doesn't Hurt IQ
- Science Left Behind: The Anti-Vaccine Update Update
- Finding Fracking Fluids In The Environment
- Ashes And Vegetables: The Diet Of Roman Gladiators Was Rather Poor
- Dopamine Receptor Agonist Drugs Linked To Gambling And Hypersexuality
- What's Hiding Under The Clouds Of Venus - Heavy Metal Frost?
- Manly Men And Feminine Women Are Not Evolutionary Mandates - They Are Urban Ones
- "California voting is variable? No, it isn't, redistricting pushed the 36% of the state that are..."
- "I am quite familiar with California's immunization uptake data, which is reported annually for..."
- "It's already been done, do a search for uMobileCam, I believe that it is free...."
- "No, none of them are mine, many post as anonymous because if you'll block by IP you'll surely block..."
- "Let's review the facts: except for that first one, all those other comments are by you. So you..."
- An end to fat shaming? The 50 year DNA mystery of metabolic dysfunction may soon be solved
- Egg freezing: a smart career move?
- Despite resistance, China will dominate future of GMOs
- Should Science and Nature run advertorial by wacky Dr. Bronner’s that misleads on GMOs?
- Jack the Ripper’s identity remains a mystery after error in DNA analysis revealed
- Seed patent primer: Is the use of GMOs preventing farmers from reusing their seeds?
- Let there be light
- Resetting the circadian clock: Shift workers might want to skip high-iron foods
- UNH scientist: Cosmic rays threaten future deep-space astronaut missions
- UNH research highlights extent and effects of school violence
- Preservation technique for marginal livers prevents biliary stricture