It’s official: There's treasure in them South Staffordshire fields.
Some of the 90 pieces of gold and silver found in central England last year - after an unemployed man searching a farmer’s field with a metal detector discovered loot in 2009 - have formally been declared to be treasure.
That means it is at least 300 years old and at least 10% precious metal. It also means you can't have any of it if you find it, is is property of The State. Anyone who finds an object believed to be treasure must report it.
Sorry, treasure hunters.
New haul of Anglo-Saxon gold and silver unearthed in central England is declared ‘treasure’ - Associated Press
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Can A New Rule Trigger A Second EU Referendum? Petition Signatures Over 9.7% Of Total Votes Cast
- How A Former Naturopath Can Help Unravel The Trickery of Alternative Medicine
- Better Brains With Beer
- Beneficial Bacteria May Protect Breasts From Cancer
- Some Celiac Disease May Be Due To Viruses
- Finding All-Hadronic Top - Again
- Cross Talk Between Hormone Receptors Has Unexpected Effects
- "I know the UK will never do this. Why not adopt, for the future, something like the electoral..."
- "Hi Richard, thanks yes I agree it goes both ways. I've just answered to the anonymous comment saying..."
- "Yes for sure, say so at the end. The rule is of course neutral both ways, and if we had this in..."
- "Good read, however as stated by the anonymous comment above it goes both ways. I myself am not..."
- "Hello Tripitaka! Nice to read you here, and thanks for your comment.I did not participate in the..."
- Chemistry Can Help Roast the Perfect Coffee Bean
- What Happens To A Soccer Player’s Brain After Missing A Penalty Kick
- It’s Back to Shots for Flu Prevention
- ACSH Applauds Media Awareness of the Fentanyl Crisis
- Counting Bites Examined, to Help Decrease Food Intake
- The Safe And Unsafe Nutty Treats For Your Pup