It’s official: There's treasure in them South Staffordshire fields.
Some of the 90 pieces of gold and silver found in central England last year - after an unemployed man searching a farmer’s field with a metal detector discovered loot in 2009 - have formally been declared to be treasure.
That means it is at least 300 years old and at least 10% precious metal. It also means you can't have any of it if you find it, is is property of The State. Anyone who finds an object believed to be treasure must report it.
Sorry, treasure hunters.
New haul of Anglo-Saxon gold and silver unearthed in central England is declared ‘treasure’ - Associated Press
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- What Lies Beneath West Antarctica?
- Scientists Discover Oral Sex In Spiders
- Evidence Points To Widespread Loss Of Ocean Oxygen By 2030s
- How To Make Women's Tennis More Competitive
- The Geology Of Wine
- Professor Frenkel: Why Shouldn't We Drop Algebra From Our Education System?
- The Number Of My Publications Has Four Digits
- "Last references - My three contributed papers for the Proceedings of the INCFP 2015 Conference..."
- "Your case is common, Frumious. But multi-variable calculus is a low-level eighteenth century applied..."
- "Up until college, the educational system did their best to make me fear and loath math. The constant..."
- "Choosing just two of many issues: You can't get what 2+3 or 2*3 are without just taking them from..."
- "But if the vacuum structure around us turns out not to be the same as in empty regions of our Universe..."
- A Vitamin C Conundrum for the Organic Crowd
- Newsweek Journalist Loses His Mind, Time-Traveling Radioactivity And More Media Links
- This Single-Celled Organism Is Capable Of Learning
- Study Says Bilingual Kids’ Brains Are Smarter & Faster
- Rethinking Post-Surgical Painkillers
- Repurposing Chemo: Top 1 Inhibitor As New Sepsis Treatment?
- Black raspberry improves cardiovascular risk in metabolic syndrome
- Parents' presence at bedside found to decrease neonatal abstinence syndrome severity
- Breastfeeding app shows promise in supporting first-time mothers
- Study shows asthma-related Twitter posts can predict rise in hospital visits
- Mental health diagnoses rise significantly for military children