Sutter Middle School in Folsom, California is hosting the GenCorp Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Expo on March 5th from 5-8 PM.
254 students from grades 5-12 will be participating in this event along with an additional 100 who will be helping run hands-on science activities for the participants and their families.
Student projects will compete for honors, and representatives from STEM organizations and businesses will have outreach tables that highlight the importance of STEM as a college and career choice for students.
So it's a science fair, but a lot more two because students nort participating can still do lots of hands-on stuff.
All students, families, and community members are invited to attend and the cost is free.
Therefore, so is this advertising on Science 2.0!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- "Up until college, the educational system did their best to make me fear and loath math. The constant..."
- "Choosing just two of many issues: You can't get what 2+3 or 2*3 are without just taking them from..."
- "But if the vacuum structure around us turns out not to be the same as in empty regions of our Universe..."
- "Different topics.Best,EML..."
- "We'd suggest an alternate solution. Level-Based Play: http://blog.universaltennis.com/2016/04/28/level..."
- Parents' presence at bedside found to decrease neonatal abstinence syndrome severity
- Breastfeeding app shows promise in supporting first-time mothers
- Study shows asthma-related Twitter posts can predict rise in hospital visits
- Mental health diagnoses rise significantly for military children
- Combination of face-to-face and online bullying may pack a powerful punch