Sutter Middle School in Folsom, California is hosting the GenCorp Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Expo on March 5th from 5-8 PM.
254 students from grades 5-12 will be participating in this event along with an additional 100 who will be helping run hands-on science activities for the participants and their families.
Student projects will compete for honors, and representatives from STEM organizations and businesses will have outreach tables that highlight the importance of STEM as a college and career choice for students.
So it's a science fair, but a lot more two because students nort participating can still do lots of hands-on stuff.
All students, families, and community members are invited to attend and the cost is free.
Therefore, so is this advertising on Science 2.0!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- M60-UCD1: Tiny Galaxy, Supermassive Black Hole
- Life After The 125 GeV Higgs: What Is Left Of Two-Higgs Doublet Models
- Longer Telomeres And Genetic Determinant For Melanoma Risk
- Ig Nobel Prizes 2014: From Jesus On Toast To Baby Feces In Sausages
- Phase-Change Materials Set New Speed Limit For Silicon
- Watching Neurons Learn: Learning New Ideas Is More Difficult
- Witness The Singularity AI Nanotech Co-Evolutionary Merger
- "If being very restrained brings you to write stuff as AFAIK he has never talked about the gaps..."
- "Hi Mephisto,we do have a similar problem to the one you mention in high-energy physics - when we..."
- "Concerning his political opinions, Lubos is a deluded annoying crank, but credit has to be given..."
- "Right on, and I have written articles on that issue in the past - by preventing uptake in wealthy..."
- "Genetic algorithms would be a step back toward (simulation of) evolution in isolated testbeds (computer)..."