GBI Research, a business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, 'Bone Metabolism Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Hyperparathyroidism Sector to Decline in the Absence of New Product Launches and Increased Generic Erosion for Zemplar, Hectorol and Sensipar', which provides insights into bone metabolic disease therapeutics until 2018.
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Researchs team.
The report provides an analysis of the major bone metabolic diseases, including osteoporosis, Pagets disease of bone, hyperparathyroidism and bone metastases. The report also provides the share of generics in global bone metabolic diseases as well as in each indication market. It also provides the treatment algorithm flow for each of the four indications.
The report examines the global bone metabolic diseases treatment usage patterns. In addition, the geographical distribution of bone metabolic diseases and markets across the US, the top five countries of Europe, and in Japan, are provided in the report. The report also includes insights into the bone metabolic diseases R&D product pipeline and explores the competitive landscape, including major players in the bone metabolism therapeutics market.
Finally, the report also includes analysis of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As) and licensing agreements that took place in the bone metabolism therapeutics market.
GBI Researchs analysis shows that the overall global bone metabolism therapeutics market for the four indications (which includes osteoporosis, Pagets disease of bone, hyperparathyroidism and bone metastases) was valued at $15 billion in 2010, growing from $10.1 billion in 2002 and indicating a CAGR of 5.2%. GBI Research forecasts the market to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% between 2010 and 2018 to record a sales value of $27.1 billion by 2018.
The growth in the bone metabolism therapeutics market is mainly due to the contribution of osteoporosis market. The revenue of osteoporosis market alone has approximately 68% of the total bone metabolism revenue. So, the global bone metabolism market is growing in spite of the declining market nature of the rest of therapeutics areas discussed here.
- Data and analysis on the metabolic disorder therapeutics market in the leading geographies of the world the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Annualized market data for the metabolic disorder therapeutics market from 2002 to 2010, with forecasts to 2018 for the three indications osteoporosis, Pagets disease of bone, hyperparathyroidism and bone metastases.
- Market data on the geographical landscape and therapeutic landscape, including market size, market share, annual cost of therapy, sales volume and treatment usage patterns such as disease population, treatment seeking population, diagnosis population and prescription population.
- Share of the generics in the global bone metabolism therapeutics market and for the market of each indication that is covered in the report.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market.
- The competitive landscape of the global bone metabolism therapeutics market, including top companies benchmarking. The key companies studied in this report are Amgen Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Genzyme Corporation, Merck&Co. Inc. and Novartis AG.
- Key M&A activities and Licensing Agreements that took place in 2009 and 2011 in the metabolic disorders therapeutics market.
Bone Cancer Pipeline Review [http://www.researchmoz.com/bone-cancer-pipeline-review-h1-2012-report.html ]