It has been a while since the last time I posted the last riddle of this series. It was fun though, so upon seeing the graph below I immediately decided I would use it here, to let you guess what it is about. Please use the comments thread to provide your input: what does the graph represent ? What are the different coloured lines ? Why the funny behaviour ? What is on the x axis ? And on the y axis ?
Of course it is virtually impossible to answer all the above without being given some hint. I can tell you it has to do with LHC searches, and that is all the help I am going to give you!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Why Vegetable Farmers Aren't On Board The No-Till Train
- The Ovarian Cancer-Talc Connection Lawsuit Genesis
- Citrus Greening Disease
- The Art of Great Writing
- Artificial Intelligence or Artificial Expectations?
- Perspectivism, 5 Determinisms And Impossibility Of Defining Free Will, Zen
- Two Physics Blogs You Should Not Miss
- "Artificial general intelligence is here As for me I understand the principles of human brain perfectly..."
- "Eris is the same size as Pluto but in a very elliptical orbit which at its furthest is more than..."
- "Sik7, it depends how far away it is. For instance, I could easily miss an insect in this room,..."
- "Bonne travail ..."
- "Hello Kevin, many thanks, and also for spotting that! I doubt there will be a second edition..."