CERN announced today (slightly preceded by Physics World) that the LHC experiments will present updates of their searches for the Higgs boson on July 4th. I will be there, blogging from the main auditorium at CERN in real time. By the way, since I just linked Physics World for this, note that the site also has a piece relevant to the recent discussions on the allegedly detrimental value of rumors...
If you will be reading this blog at the right time (9AM CEST - in the night for the US, unfortunately) you will be able to follow the news almost as if you were hearing the streams - with the added bonus that I will be explaining what things really mean ! I promise I will answer to the best of my knowledge every meaningful question you ask in the comments thread of the developing post in close to real time.
Of course I am very excited to hear what ATLAS will show. I do not yet know precisely what CMS will show either, but in any case it will be a major event. Don't miss it !
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Women With Endometriosis Need More Support, Less Judgment
- The Law has Failed, Not Forensic Science
- Francis Halzen On Cosmogenic Neutrinos
- The Real Meaning Of The Blue Black White Gold Dress
- Olive Oil Destroys Cancer Cells
- Why Are Earth And The Moon So Different? It May Be The Iron Rain
- Australia Should Consider Thorium Nuclear Power
- "with physics in spirituality, I mean anything that is in the physical plane :-) Finding a guru..."
- "I definitely feel more than physics, but then again reality is far BIGGER, more complex, and more..."
- "I hope you're right, and it does seem that religion is dying. One point of my article was to say..."
- "You touch on confidence in your last sentence. This is precisely what I don't have, nor think anyone..."
- "Could this be Christmas day for Wavevolution? We know now, that waves and particles are one and..."
- Mitochondrial 'shield' that helps cancer cells survive identified
- University 'ethics boards' as a way to evade scientific controversy
- Human Activity May Be Supporting Growth of Harmful Algae in Lakes
- The more friends you drink with, the more you drink
- Why Are Girls More Likely to Die in Pediatric Intensive Care Units?