CERN announced today (slightly preceded by Physics World) that the LHC experiments will present updates of their searches for the Higgs boson on July 4th. I will be there, blogging from the main auditorium at CERN in real time. By the way, since I just linked Physics World for this, note that the site also has a piece relevant to the recent discussions on the allegedly detrimental value of rumors...
If you will be reading this blog at the right time (9AM CEST - in the night for the US, unfortunately) you will be able to follow the news almost as if you were hearing the streams - with the added bonus that I will be explaining what things really mean ! I promise I will answer to the best of my knowledge every meaningful question you ask in the comments thread of the developing post in close to real time.
Of course I am very excited to hear what ATLAS will show. I do not yet know precisely what CMS will show either, but in any case it will be a major event. Don't miss it !
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- BP's Extreme Climate Forecast: Storm-proofing For Shareholders Or Corporate Handcuffs?
- Fighting Plagiarism In Scientific Papers
- Intellectually Gifted Kids And Learning Disabilities Often Go Hand In Hand
- Doomsday Dashboard Makes Tracking The Apocalypse Convenient
- Scientific Research Helps Create First Ice Casino Blueprints
- 2 New Species Of Primitive Fish Discovered
- Holistically Tuned - The Brain Sees Words As Pictures, Not A Series Of Letters
- " Once again, I'm wiping the tears from my eyes from the gut splitting laughter, good one!..."
- "I remember the good old days when Duck and Cover was regularly practiced, and I dutifully got under..."
- "Sure, the NRC went down the path to ruin because George W. Bush put Harry Reid's lap dog in charge..."
- "With the Republicans in charge of Congress now, we're certainly having to get used to people with..."
- "Climate change? Are you buying the misuse of language and science? When did the climate not change..."