CERN announced today (slightly preceded by Physics World) that the LHC experiments will present updates of their searches for the Higgs boson on July 4th. I will be there, blogging from the main auditorium at CERN in real time. By the way, since I just linked Physics World for this, note that the site also has a piece relevant to the recent discussions on the allegedly detrimental value of rumors...
If you will be reading this blog at the right time (9AM CEST - in the night for the US, unfortunately) you will be able to follow the news almost as if you were hearing the streams - with the added bonus that I will be explaining what things really mean ! I promise I will answer to the best of my knowledge every meaningful question you ask in the comments thread of the developing post in close to real time.
Of course I am very excited to hear what ATLAS will show. I do not yet know precisely what CMS will show either, but in any case it will be a major event. Don't miss it !
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Outsourcing: 3 Ways To Stop Medical Research Brain Drain
- Collectivism Ruins Creativity
- Easter Island Mystery: What Really Happened To Rapa Nui Society?
- Cancer Screening Clarity: Talk About Reduction In Deaths, Not Increase In Survival
- We're Playing Classical Music All Wrong
- Reviews In Physics - A New Journal
- Why Climate Scientists Shouldn't Testify Before Congress
- "Yes, I see what you mean. I was saying that due the oil displacement it would shrink, but that..."
- "Gotta disagree. I've made several leather items and when moisture is applied to the leather to..."
- "We picked the fields based on what gets written about - the culture section is tech, sports, humor..."
- "T - Sounds interesting and you are probably correct that there is a place for more concise review..."
- "New York City has to be the most disappointed. Corporate media companies can't call it Snowmageddon..."