CERN announced today (slightly preceded by Physics World) that the LHC experiments will present updates of their searches for the Higgs boson on July 4th. I will be there, blogging from the main auditorium at CERN in real time. By the way, since I just linked Physics World for this, note that the site also has a piece relevant to the recent discussions on the allegedly detrimental value of rumors...
If you will be reading this blog at the right time (9AM CEST - in the night for the US, unfortunately) you will be able to follow the news almost as if you were hearing the streams - with the added bonus that I will be explaining what things really mean ! I promise I will answer to the best of my knowledge every meaningful question you ask in the comments thread of the developing post in close to real time.
Of course I am very excited to hear what ATLAS will show. I do not yet know precisely what CMS will show either, but in any case it will be a major event. Don't miss it !
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Case For Moon: Gateway For Open Ended, Exploraton, With Planetary Protection Central - On The SpaceShow
- Sweet Irony: The Environmental Impacts Of GMO Sugar Science Denial
- Why We Get Tired When We Stay Up Too Late
- When It Comes To Replicating Psychology Studies, Good Luck
- Evidence Of Link Between Childhood Cancer And Phototherapy For Jaundice Examined
- Mass Killings: Extremism Or Insanity?
- Sexual Harassment in Science What Have We Learned (OP ED)
- "And: Comparative efficacy of homeopathic and allopathic systems of medicine in the management of..."
- "It is not nonsense, it is fact. Do some research. If you and others were correct there should,..."
- "Thank you for the reply. Your comments are thought provoking. However, you make it clear I could..."
- "never in all of the years i have used Google News as a source have i come upon such written trash..."
- "Yes, I've got a section on that in the book, on LUNAR DUST INHALATION COMPARED WITH MARS DUSTBasically..."
- New method gives scientists a better look at how HIV infects and takes over its host cells
- Current screening methods miss worrisome number of persons with mild cognitive impairment
- Couples study ties anger to heart problems, stonewalling to back pain
- Northern invaders threaten Antarctic marine life
- Even light drinkers should watch for fatty liver disease