CERN announced today (slightly preceded by Physics World) that the LHC experiments will present updates of their searches for the Higgs boson on July 4th. I will be there, blogging from the main auditorium at CERN in real time. By the way, since I just linked Physics World for this, note that the site also has a piece relevant to the recent discussions on the allegedly detrimental value of rumors...
If you will be reading this blog at the right time (9AM CEST - in the night for the US, unfortunately) you will be able to follow the news almost as if you were hearing the streams - with the added bonus that I will be explaining what things really mean ! I promise I will answer to the best of my knowledge every meaningful question you ask in the comments thread of the developing post in close to real time.
Of course I am very excited to hear what ATLAS will show. I do not yet know precisely what CMS will show either, but in any case it will be a major event. Don't miss it !
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Yellowstone Volcanic System Four Times Bigger Than Thought
- Columbia's Lame Oz Defense
- We Don't Hear Much About The 10,000 French Deaths At Gallipoli
- Pictures Of March 20th Eclipse From Svalbard
- The Evolutionary Psychology Reason Some People Will Be Anti-GMO
- Poison As Medicine And How Venom Can Sometimes Be A Savior
- Patenting Big Thinking
- "Hi, good question. This post states that the carbon being used by the bacteria are from 20k years..."
- "Hal- One would think that any sensible person could smell thesnake oil even through their..."
- "Greg- The comment is much appreciated. You are the only person that is dead on. About everything..."
- "Does this make any sense?Wormholes Untangle Black Hole Paradox - K.C. Cole, Quanta ..."
- "Good discussion. One would think that any sensible person could smell the snake oil even through..."