CERN announced today (slightly preceded by Physics World) that the LHC experiments will present updates of their searches for the Higgs boson on July 4th. I will be there, blogging from the main auditorium at CERN in real time. By the way, since I just linked Physics World for this, note that the site also has a piece relevant to the recent discussions on the allegedly detrimental value of rumors...
If you will be reading this blog at the right time (9AM CEST - in the night for the US, unfortunately) you will be able to follow the news almost as if you were hearing the streams - with the added bonus that I will be explaining what things really mean ! I promise I will answer to the best of my knowledge every meaningful question you ask in the comments thread of the developing post in close to real time.
Of course I am very excited to hear what ATLAS will show. I do not yet know precisely what CMS will show either, but in any case it will be a major event. Don't miss it !
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Parton Distribution Functions For Run 2 At The LHC
- Why Men Don't Live As Long As Women
- True Weight Loss Is Rare
- New GHOST Technology Leaps Out Of The Screen
- Non-Verbal Smell Test May Be Indicator Of Autism
- Toward A Universal Flu Vaccine
- Genetic Testing In Kids - The Science Isn't Complicated But The Psychology Is
- "Hi Tommaso, I think the use of pink to symbolise women involvement could be viewed as patronising..."
- "I frequently hear that people with weight issues are simply deluding themselves, that they're not..."
- "Point taken. My interpretations may be overstated and exaggerated to make what I think is..."
- "Hi,yes, we will have a few opening up in that period: one in Clermont-Ferrand, one in Athens. A..."