CERN announced today (slightly preceded by Physics World) that the LHC experiments will present updates of their searches for the Higgs boson on July 4th. I will be there, blogging from the main auditorium at CERN in real time. By the way, since I just linked Physics World for this, note that the site also has a piece relevant to the recent discussions on the allegedly detrimental value of rumors...
If you will be reading this blog at the right time (9AM CEST - in the night for the US, unfortunately) you will be able to follow the news almost as if you were hearing the streams - with the added bonus that I will be explaining what things really mean ! I promise I will answer to the best of my knowledge every meaningful question you ask in the comments thread of the developing post in close to real time.
Of course I am very excited to hear what ATLAS will show. I do not yet know precisely what CMS will show either, but in any case it will be a major event. Don't miss it !
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Researchers Created A Laser Bullet To See What It Would Look Like - And Here It Is
- Will Holding Thermal Printer Paper Really Send Your BPA Levels Soaring?
- The Quote Of The Week - Shocked And Disappointed
- As The Weather Changes, So Do Beliefs About Climate Change
- ECFA Workshop: Planning For The High Luminosity LHC
- Limiting Global Warming To 2°C: The Philosophy And The Science
- Moderate Pot Use By Adolescents Doesn't Hurt IQ
- "I have no time for you. Either learn how to have a decent, mature conversation without resorting..."
- "The past 12 months—October 2013–September 2014—was the warmest 12-month period among all..."
- "Do you really think science20 readers are all so stupid that they are going to fall for Climate..."
- "'Mememine' is a well known astro-turfer for the denial industry. He spams the same identical gish..."
- "I have heard (from someone who worked there) of a laboratory in a country far, far away where they..."
- Bill and Melinda Gates on GMOs: ‘Poor farmers should not be denied choice of life-saving tools’
- Why do foodies love organics? Because they taste like McDonald’s!
- GMO milk? An enviros dream innovation that most enviros oppose
- National Wildlife Refuge System bans on GMOs and neonics lack transparency, scientific rationale
- Want better sperm? Eat more pesticides
- Beyond universal donors, some people are programed with no blood type at all
- New policymaking tool for shift to renewable energy
- Teens whose parents exert more psychological control have trouble with closeness, independence
- Two days later: Adolescents' conflicts with family spill over to school, vice versa
- Children in high-quality early childhood education are buffered from changes in family income
- 'Breath test' shows promise for diagnosing fungal pneumonia