CERN announced today (slightly preceded by Physics World) that the LHC experiments will present updates of their searches for the Higgs boson on July 4th. I will be there, blogging from the main auditorium at CERN in real time. By the way, since I just linked Physics World for this, note that the site also has a piece relevant to the recent discussions on the allegedly detrimental value of rumors...
If you will be reading this blog at the right time (9AM CEST - in the night for the US, unfortunately) you will be able to follow the news almost as if you were hearing the streams - with the added bonus that I will be explaining what things really mean ! I promise I will answer to the best of my knowledge every meaningful question you ask in the comments thread of the developing post in close to real time.
Of course I am very excited to hear what ATLAS will show. I do not yet know precisely what CMS will show either, but in any case it will be a major event. Don't miss it !
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Bel's Temple in Palmyra Is No More
- Superconduction With Stinks — A New Temperature Record
- Cannabis Use May Influence Brain Maturation In Young Males
- Germany Versus Science, Round Two
- Lettuces Now, What Next - Could Astronauts Get All Their Oxygen And Food From Algae Or Plants?
- Science: Public/Private Partnership Under Attack
- Innate GMO Potato Deregulated By USDA
- "You show no respect to human life, but I respect your opinion.T...."
- "Tommaso, I think that you are mistaken in your comment. The temple ruins had outlived billions..."
- "Can light contain dark in a circle or can dark contain light in a circle?Read below why this may..."
- "The risk of different of energy of electron is of serious health risk for Dirac and matter energy..."
- "Thanks. Unfortunately, it works. The Washington Post bought this big time. It's just about impossible..."