CERN announced today (slightly preceded by Physics World) that the LHC experiments will present updates of their searches for the Higgs boson on July 4th. I will be there, blogging from the main auditorium at CERN in real time. By the way, since I just linked Physics World for this, note that the site also has a piece relevant to the recent discussions on the allegedly detrimental value of rumors...
If you will be reading this blog at the right time (9AM CEST - in the night for the US, unfortunately) you will be able to follow the news almost as if you were hearing the streams - with the added bonus that I will be explaining what things really mean ! I promise I will answer to the best of my knowledge every meaningful question you ask in the comments thread of the developing post in close to real time.
Of course I am very excited to hear what ATLAS will show. I do not yet know precisely what CMS will show either, but in any case it will be a major event. Don't miss it !
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Genetic History Of Ice Age Europe
- Exodus 2100: Due To Climate Change
- What Lies Beneath West Antarctica?
- Professor Frenkel: Why Shouldn't We Drop Algebra From Our Education System?
- Three Earth-sized Planets Found Orbiting A Tiny Nearby Star
- Matter Can Potentially Accelerate The Expansion Of The Universe
- Scientists Discover Oral Sex In Spiders
- "actually I prefer something real, not paper printed by a private entity, backed by full faith and..."
- "Hello Peter:I presume my readers are busy. I presume they have a mild degree of experience about..."
- "So keep your cash an watch the world come to an end . Cheap and selfish is the right way ..."
- "There is a tendency to label some as Global Warming Alarmists I think the warnings have been conservative..."
- "The guardian? You're funny :-) The CESM models only prove accurate with post-hoc data input corrections..."
- 3 Reasons Aerial Pesticides Are Not Causing Autism
- Most Stores Refuse E-Cigarette Sales to Minors
- Vitamin C Conundrum for the Organic Crowd
- Newsweek Journalist Loses His Mind, Time-Traveling Radioactivity And More Media Links
- This Single-Celled Organism Is Capable Of Learning
- Study Says Bilingual Kids’ Brains Are Smarter & Faster
- UC San Diego bioengineers create first online search engine for functional genomics data
- UK Health Check has only modest impact on risk factors for cardiovascular disease
- Adult brain prunes branched connections of new neurons
- Five new breast cancer genes and range of mutations pave way for personalized treatment
- Quantum sensors for high-precision magnetometry of superconductors