CERN announced today (slightly preceded by Physics World) that the LHC experiments will present updates of their searches for the Higgs boson on July 4th. I will be there, blogging from the main auditorium at CERN in real time. By the way, since I just linked Physics World for this, note that the site also has a piece relevant to the recent discussions on the allegedly detrimental value of rumors...
If you will be reading this blog at the right time (9AM CEST - in the night for the US, unfortunately) you will be able to follow the news almost as if you were hearing the streams - with the added bonus that I will be explaining what things really mean ! I promise I will answer to the best of my knowledge every meaningful question you ask in the comments thread of the developing post in close to real time.
Of course I am very excited to hear what ATLAS will show. I do not yet know precisely what CMS will show either, but in any case it will be a major event. Don't miss it !
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Nobel Prize To Neutrino Oscillations
- What Is Fat For?
- Machine learning vs NRA, a Grand Challenge
- Lung Cancer Screening Programs Do Not Increase Rates Of Unnecessary Surgeries
- Inflammatory Response May Fan The Flame Of Dietary Fats' Role In Obesity-related Diseases
- Thank You Guido
- Environmental Activism Puts NYC At Risk Of Future Flooding During Hurricanes
- "Hello Luis,thanks for the note. Indeed the field of neutrino physics is acknowledged for the important..."
- "Hi Tommaso,Masatoshi Koshiba and Raymond Davis Jr. got already (for a half) the 2002 Nobel Prize..."
- "You completely skipped the exercise of starting with the multiplication group with 6 elements and..."
- "I hope you are right. I have seen the way many people think by teaching basic science. ..."
- "Real science is much more complicated. Here's the scoop:In order to have autoimmune disease, there..."
- Peeking into our galaxy's stellar nursery
- Dengue epidemics and strong El Nino season
- Ancient alga knew how to survive on land before it left water & evolved into first plant
- Stress in adolescence prepares rats for future challenges
- Testosterone levels improve in obese men following sleeve gastrectomy weight-loss operation