Just being in the presence of attractive women make men do stupid things- or at least take more risks, according to a study published in Social Psychological and Personality Science.
According to researchers, testosterone levels increased in men when attractive women were present. Since testosterone is a sex hormone, and has also been shown to play a role in fight-or-flight responses and risk-taking behaviors, this result is not surprising. Is anyone shocked to find that men subconsciously try and "be more manly" in front of pretty females? I filed this study away with the other blatantly obvious papers under the heading "Well, no kidding."
In fact, this little animation that came out on the web last year titled, "What Would Penis Do?" sums all of this up very nicely. To save myself some time explaining it with text, I will instead embed the video, and let the narrator tell the eloquent story about man's battle between the heart, the mind, and the penis.
*note* Viewer discretion is advised. This video is PG-13, so take caution before clicking if you think you might be offended.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Serious Physics Of Super Balls
- Enjoy Sugar Again: High Carb Diet On Par With Caloric Restriction In Boosting Health
- Grading The President's Strategy To Promote Bee Health
- Will Female Viagra Be An FDA Boner?
- Machine Learning And Big Data Is Changing Sports
- Mystery Of Morgellons - Disease Or Delusion - Scientific Hypothesis Of Connection With Lyme Disease
- Could Better Psychology Tests Have Predicted The Germanwings Suicide Crash?
- "A huge problem most of us are facing is being unable to find a doctor that will go against cdc..."
- "Hi Roman, I know you are trying to help. Sounds a good tip - if it works for you, great. With..."
- "A journalist makes $35K so ordinarily I would say that's pretty terrible for doing all that work..."
- "I am more concerned about women eating genetically modified corn and then breast feeding.  ..."
- "As a Christian I've always believed that there are no true atheists. We are created in God's image..."
Books By Writers Here