I don't drink coffee, and to some degree this has impeded my astronomy career. Coffee is the one social connection even the most isolated theorist engages in. Heck, our wall of 3x3 monitors showing the newest data from our satellites is intentionally built into the coffee room. It is there to spark discussion among the coffee clique.
Don't drink coffee? Fake it with tea. You need a pretense to see your fellow scientists, else you'll be out of the loop.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- How Mr. Spock Changed Our Perception Of Science
- Men With Short Index Fingers And Long Ring Fingers Are Nicer To Women
- The Real Meaning Of The Blue Black White Gold Dress
- The Law has Failed, Not Forensic Science
- How Would Life Develop If Fundamental Physics Constants Were Different?
- 7 Ways To Make Your Science Video Popular On YouTube
- Pointless exchanges between atheist physicists and religious physicists?
- "Hank, you're an idiot. You're obviously another left-wing drone. You can't say that your intention..."
- "Really interesting article John, its an important subject that could directly affect any one of us!..."
- "Interesting article, especially as I am trying to make my Youtube video 'Hidden Dangers for ALS'..."
- "Stopping reading before you learn something is why you don't know that anti-communism, racism and..."