I don't drink coffee, and to some degree this has impeded my astronomy career. Coffee is the one social connection even the most isolated theorist engages in. Heck, our wall of 3x3 monitors showing the newest data from our satellites is intentionally built into the coffee room. It is there to spark discussion among the coffee clique.
Don't drink coffee? Fake it with tea. You need a pretense to see your fellow scientists, else you'll be out of the loop.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Intellectually Gifted Kids And Learning Disabilities Often Go Hand In Hand
- Another One Bites The Dust - WW Cross Section Gets Back Where It Belongs
- How To Save Formula 1
- Why It Took Big Humans To Populate Europe
- Yawunik Kootenayi - Lobster With Two Sets Of Eyes From 500,000,000 B.C.
- When Does Quantum Mechanics Become Classical Physics?
- NRDC Says Your Xbox Is Causing Global Warming - But It Isn't
- "I have just readHow a bee sting saved my life: poison as medicineApparently bee venom can punch..."
- "I actually LIKE being called names, especially when they are original and caustic. I find this..."
- "C'mon dude. Look in the mirror? Surely you must be able to do better than that. I'm rather disappointed..."
- "I always try to reply to all comments, no matter how inane. I only bothered to answer yours (instead..."
- "The internal review was by an environmentalist who used to work at Quaker Oats and the computer..."