I don't drink coffee, and to some degree this has impeded my astronomy career. Coffee is the one social connection even the most isolated theorist engages in. Heck, our wall of 3x3 monitors showing the newest data from our satellites is intentionally built into the coffee room. It is there to spark discussion among the coffee clique.
Don't drink coffee? Fake it with tea. You need a pretense to see your fellow scientists, else you'll be out of the loop.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Are Marijuana Warning Labels Needed? Users Say Yes
- Should Pregnant Women Be Concerned About BPA?
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Bioartificial Kidney On The Horizon
- Forget The Best, Here Are The Worst 'Science' Websites Of 2016
- Lisa Long Leg Love The Science Comic For The Trump Age
- Australopithecus Afarensis: ‘Lucy’ Was A Tree Climber?
- "Look Robert, I'm not going into a tit-for-tat argument with you. But there is no controversy that..."
- "Ok, that means Ms. Roth was wrong and also was telling that hoax right? Also, the link can´t let..."
- "Photodaddy, They found that 93% of the temperature increase lags the CO2 increase. Please, for..."
- " http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/12/07/trump-ignores-gores-advice-instead-picks-skeptic-to-head..."
- "See my Debunked - The world will end because the Bible (or some other sacred book) says soIt's..."
- Four New Superheavy Elements Have Official Names
- Dear UN Convention on Biological Diversity, Don't Drive 'Gene Drives' Into a Ditch
- No Surprise: Parents' Screen Times Worse Than Kids
- Genetically Engineered Yeast Is Resistant to Caffeine
- Credit NHL for Smart, Safe Concussion Strategy
- Don't Drive 'Gene Drives' Into a Ditch