I don't drink coffee, and to some degree this has impeded my astronomy career. Coffee is the one social connection even the most isolated theorist engages in. Heck, our wall of 3x3 monitors showing the newest data from our satellites is intentionally built into the coffee room. It is there to spark discussion among the coffee clique.
Don't drink coffee? Fake it with tea. You need a pretense to see your fellow scientists, else you'll be out of the loop.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Cometary Globule CG4 - From God's Hand To The Mouth Of The Beast
- Prevent Alzheimer's Disease By Drinking Beer?
- Exposure To BPA – It’s Not What Some People Think
- Religious People View Science Favorably But Reject Some Theories - Just Like Everyone Else
- Spider-Man Webbing: How Many Calories Does It Take To Produce All That Silk?
- Outsourcing: 3 Ways To Stop Medical Research Brain Drain
- Battery Leasing And Better Charging Will Make Electric Cars Popular
- "Aha. Bad journalistic practice, IMNSHO. ..."
- "That's like psychohistory in Azimov's Foundation series... ..."
- "a politician by any other name is still a politician., it doesn't matter what the topic they have..."
- "Agreed. I believe Heinlein clearly identified those two groups as those who want people to be controlled..."
- "The author will certainly remember the very large number of European Garden Spiders which appeared..."
- Study: Blame men for political gridlock in Congress
- Ancient skull proves modern humans colonized Eurasia 60-70,000 years ago
- Old people: the demographic it's still okay to negatively stereotype
- NGC 7714 shows tell-tale signs of a galactic merger
- She thinks friends, he thinks sex - the biological reason