You can donate money to help schoolchildren throughout the year, but if you participate in the ocean blogging community's annual Donor's Choose drive (which ends November 9th) then you get your name thrown in the hat to win some pretty special prizes.
I was hoping to find a gift to add to the list while I was at the Squid Symposium in Mexico, and indeed, it was very nearly dropped into my lap:
The front says "EL CALAMAR" (the squid) and the back reads "5th SIMPOSIUM INTERNATIONAL PACIFIC SQUIDS MEXICO 2010" (the spelling error is because the Spanish word for "symposium" is "simposio").
Obviously, these beautiful ceramic tiles were hand-painted especially for the Squid Symposium; each participant received one along with the other registration materials (and the obligatory t-shirt). I can't think of a better use for mine than rewarding donations to schoolchildren in need!
Shell and Mantle is kindly serving as the ocean blogging community's Prize Czar. If you donate, just forward your receipt to shellandmantleATgmailDOTcom, and you'll be entered in the final prize drawing.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Bang !! 13 TeV - The Highest Energy Ever Achieved By Mankind ?!
- WHO Reports: Obesity Crisis In Europe
- WISE J224607.57-052635.0, The Most Luminous Galaxy In The Universe
- Nuclear Power Isn't Really Zero-emission, But Neither Is Anything Else
- Jelly And Lasers Lead To Discovering New Trigger For Volcanic Eruptions
- Tanzania's Disappearing Serengeti
- X-linked Gene Mutations Cause Some Cases Of Male Infertility
- "ah yes absolutely right, very clever view on the subject indeed, its for people like you the Nation..."
- "1) N. How could Tommaso know if I read my local paper. 2) N. Chance is minuscule. Never been detected..."
- "Grundy was charged with felony counts of identity theft and using computers to commit a crime...."
- "Anybody who is afraid of radiation just because it is radiation is afraid of nature itself because..."
- "Not to minimize your excellent and very informative article, but I think much of this can be explained..."
Books By Writers Here