You can donate money to help schoolchildren throughout the year, but if you participate in the ocean blogging community's annual Donor's Choose drive (which ends November 9th) then you get your name thrown in the hat to win some pretty special prizes.
I was hoping to find a gift to add to the list while I was at the Squid Symposium in Mexico, and indeed, it was very nearly dropped into my lap:
The front says "EL CALAMAR" (the squid) and the back reads "5th SIMPOSIUM INTERNATIONAL PACIFIC SQUIDS MEXICO 2010" (the spelling error is because the Spanish word for "symposium" is "simposio").
Obviously, these beautiful ceramic tiles were hand-painted especially for the Squid Symposium; each participant received one along with the other registration materials (and the obligatory t-shirt). I can't think of a better use for mine than rewarding donations to schoolchildren in need!
Shell and Mantle is kindly serving as the ocean blogging community's Prize Czar. If you donate, just forward your receipt to shellandmantleATgmailDOTcom, and you'll be entered in the final prize drawing.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- How Zika Infects The Placenta
- Sweet Irony: The Environmental Impacts Of GMO Sugar Science Denial
- Baby Talk Words With Repeated Sounds Help Infants Learn Language
- Case For Moon: Humanity's Gateway To Solar System Exploration, Open Ended, Planetary Protection At Its Heart
- Einstein Right Again: Rotational Motion Is Universal - And Relative
- Genomic Study Tracks African-American Dispersal In The Great Migration
- Schrödinger's Cat Is Not Just Alive And Dead, He's Both In 2 Places At Once
- "Very interesting article Edzard. Not that I disagree with you and those who commented, I would..."
- "Great article about a great study. What is known of African American history jibes with this..."
- "Sweet simple and to the point. The anti sexual harassment training could begin and end right..."
- "Am I correct when I state virus can exchange certain molecules with other virus? If that is the..."
- "Your random 'America sucks' posturing aside, what does your comment have to do with the article..."