I have a love/hate relationship with advertising. Ads are specifically designed to manipulate people, and I hate being manipulated. On the other hand, I love using free services that are supported by ads.
Science 2.0, as you may have noticed, runs ads, and I've got no problem with that. In fact, those ads make me anywhere from $3 to $10 a month--which isn't really enough to feed my ice cream habit, though it's a worthy contribution.
But the video ads were getting a little too intrusive, according to both my own experience and comments from you, dear readers. I mentioned this to Mr. Science 2.0 himself, and learned I could opt out of ads on my blog by forfeiting future accumulation of my ice cream allowance. Done and done!
You'll still see all the sciencey stuff in the sidebar (Science Codex, Real Clear Science, and all of the Science 2.0 links) but there shouldn't be any videos about cars, or mucus, or wheelbarrows, or whatever it is that's been hammering away at my peripheral vision. Let me know if that doesn't work out for you.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go read my mail. And check my calendar to see what I'm doing tomorrow. And heck, maybe I'll even search for something . . .
This photograph by Brian McCarty is the very first Google image result for "squid."
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- "Okay... the second one is tricky so you should think at what are the conditions for a distribution..."
- "Since the decay law is an exponential, you need 2 measurements to fit it and get the lifetime...."
- "Terry, yes the so called planet 9 is a possible planet. It's not confirmed yet and there have been..."
- "What about the new planet nine then people say that's nibiru also nibiru is a supposed planet that..."
- "Hi Terry, first thanks for signing your comment, it makes a big difference. Yes I can answer that..."
- Our Nervous System: When It Comes To Behavior, Is It A Democracy Or Dictatorship?
- Netflix Linked To Cancer
- The Ancient Chinese Secret For Removing Age Spots May Be Mercury
- A Closer Look At Dementia — Beyond the Memory Loss
- Solve Global Warming By Putting A Carbon Tax On…Meat?
- Significant Pain Significantly Increases Risk of Opioid Addiction
- Chemical etching method helps transistors stand tall
- Measure of age in soil nitrogen could help precision agriculture
- Effectiveness of the WHO cancer pain relief guidelines published by Dove Medical Press
- Hospital data helps predict risk of pneumonia after heart surgery
- New University of Montana study quantifies morel mushroom abundance after wildfire