I have a love/hate relationship with advertising. Ads are specifically designed to manipulate people, and I hate being manipulated. On the other hand, I love using free services that are supported by ads.
Science 2.0, as you may have noticed, runs ads, and I've got no problem with that. In fact, those ads make me anywhere from $3 to $10 a month--which isn't really enough to feed my ice cream habit, though it's a worthy contribution.
But the video ads were getting a little too intrusive, according to both my own experience and comments from you, dear readers. I mentioned this to Mr. Science 2.0 himself, and learned I could opt out of ads on my blog by forfeiting future accumulation of my ice cream allowance. Done and done!
You'll still see all the sciencey stuff in the sidebar (Science Codex, Real Clear Science, and all of the Science 2.0 links) but there shouldn't be any videos about cars, or mucus, or wheelbarrows, or whatever it is that's been hammering away at my peripheral vision. Let me know if that doesn't work out for you.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go read my mail. And check my calendar to see what I'm doing tomorrow. And heck, maybe I'll even search for something . . .
This photograph by Brian McCarty is the very first Google image result for "squid."
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Fetal Attraction: How Baby Cells Impact Maternal Health During Pregnancy
- Now It's Lettuces - In The Future Could Astronauts Get All Their Oxygen And Food From Algae Or Plants?
- Like Cigarettes Or Booze, E-Cigarettes Can Be Dangerous To Children
- Thou Shalt Have One Higgs - $100 Bet Won !
- The False Fear Of ‘Toxic Breast Milk’
- Breast Cancer Study Misunderstood By Its Authors
- Innate GMO Potato Deregulated By USDA
- "Monsanto can buy nearly anyone it seems. SHAME!..."
- "Sorry, I don't speak Russian. I tried Google translate, and see that your comment is to do with..."
- " Инерциоид либрация 4 Предлагаю вашему вниманию, инерциоид..."
- "OK, that is perhaps the most ignorant comment I've ever received. Congratulations. ..."
- "The most ridiculous quote of yours humans have eaten grains for thousands of years. And where exactly..."
- Where bread began: Ancient tools used to reconstruct (and eat) prehistoric cuisine
- Study links air pollution to children's low GPAs
- Fetal attraction: The alien within influences maternal health during pregnancy
- Can eagles be saved from wind turbines?
- Is failure to reproduce psychology papers a sign they are invalid?