I have a love/hate relationship with advertising. Ads are specifically designed to manipulate people, and I hate being manipulated. On the other hand, I love using free services that are supported by ads.
Science 2.0, as you may have noticed, runs ads, and I've got no problem with that. In fact, those ads make me anywhere from $3 to $10 a month--which isn't really enough to feed my ice cream habit, though it's a worthy contribution.
But the video ads were getting a little too intrusive, according to both my own experience and comments from you, dear readers. I mentioned this to Mr. Science 2.0 himself, and learned I could opt out of ads on my blog by forfeiting future accumulation of my ice cream allowance. Done and done!
You'll still see all the sciencey stuff in the sidebar (Science Codex, Real Clear Science, and all of the Science 2.0 links) but there shouldn't be any videos about cars, or mucus, or wheelbarrows, or whatever it is that's been hammering away at my peripheral vision. Let me know if that doesn't work out for you.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go read my mail. And check my calendar to see what I'm doing tomorrow. And heck, maybe I'll even search for something . . .
This photograph by Brian McCarty is the very first Google image result for "squid."
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Order Patterned With Chaos - How Climate Is Predicted For Decades - With Exact Forecasts Only For Days
- Is The X(5568) A True Resonance ?
- Chess is Smart and Sexy! The Mysterious Psychology of Chess Intelligence 1/3
- Baby Boomers Unbound: Marijuana Surges In The Elderly
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Should Pregnant Women Be Concerned About BPA?
- Running Sounds May Contain Clues To Injury Prevention
- "That's really sad. The reason that you get the unpaid videos there is because people who read those..."
- "Some are not getting paid tho for there videos mr walker these people are so certain that its real..."
- "Thanks, glad to have helped :)...."
- "It's a hoax and it is not real. The people who say it is real are confused, or hoaxing or lying..."
- "seriously we just want the honest truth no bs the honest truth do we have anything to fear mr walker..."
- Paper Scandal at Science? Microbeads Lying In the Weeds. With A Stolen Computer.
- Honey, Please Pass The High Fructose Corn Syrup
- A stolen computer and the scandal of a high profile paper
- Need Some Zzzs? How Good Are The 'Z' Sleeping Pills?
- Honey? Please.
- Environmentalists In Cancun: Gene Drives Will Cause Our Extinction, Now Pass The Caviar