- How To Predict Lightning Using AI
There is a saying that goes 'lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice' but it was never wise to bet your life on it. What it means is that getting hit at all is rare, for a human well over a 1 in 1,000,000 chance, but even if only 30 ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 15 2021 - 11:59am
- Warming And Clean Air Caused The Little Ice Age During The Renaissance
The Little Ice Age, lasting from early 15th to mid-19th centuries, was one of the coldest periods of the past 10,000 years- since the last real Ice Age ended. Why it happened is one of the persistent questions in historical climatology. The cold spell set ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 15 2021 - 7:36pm
- Air Pollution From Wildfires Can Do In One Day What PM2.5 'Virtual' Pollution Never Will
When you see a TV weather personality put up an air quality map for the last 10 years, it might make you believe that pollution is far worse than when you were young. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jan 10 2022 - 4:40pm
- The Next Pollution Target Is Your Dryer Lint- Fabric Softener To The Rescue?
A new study says that drying a load of laundry in a machine releases "microfibers" into the air but chemicals made by a $76 billion company will save us. Microfibers? Is that a thing? Sure, we have defined healthy down to such an extent that no o ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Apr 8 2022 - 9:26am
- If Droughts Are Predictable Because They Self-Propagate, Not Planning For Them Is Irresponsible
Everyone knows droughts are bad. They increase risk of wildfires and damage life in the affected region. They are not always predictable, when I lived in Pennsylvania in the early 1990s there was a drought with no known mechanism involved, but they are oft ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Apr 25 2022 - 2:22pm
- Innovations In Air Filtration Technology
Article - Mark Pierce - Jun 20 2022 - 10:10am