- Upside To Climate Change? It Might Make Siberia Habitable
To many in the west, Siberia is synonymous with remote winter gulags where dissidents go to die. A new simulation estimates that if climate change occurs according to more aggressive models, the end of the century might see it as a pretty nice place to lov ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 7 2019 - 5:36pm
- Environmental Defense Fund Tortures Bayes To Claim EPA Scientists Are Wrong About Methane From Fertilizer
Industrial processes in the United States produce 8 gigagrams of methane emissions per year, according to experts. But Environmental Defense Fund, using a sensor on a Google street view car, is claiming otherwise in a recent article they paid to publish in ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jun 14 2019 - 4:33pm
- Fracking Correlated To Radon In Ohio- Here Is Why No One Is Actually At Risk
A study has taken a look at the radii of homes with measured data near natural gas wells and statistically linked that to higher radon. While some in media will use that to sound this week's 'science is killing us' alarm, the reality is that ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jul 16 2019 - 9:47am
- Even With China Emitting 5X As Much Energy CO2 As The US, Climate Goals Are Still Attainable
Though numerical models don't always correlate with reality, a new paper states that the world can achieve a 2 degree Celsius climate-stabilizing goal and reach net-zero emissions by mid-century, without closing newer plants that, let's be hones ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 2 2019 - 5:00am
- Claim: 30,000 Lives Could Be Saved By Making The World's Cleanest Air Even Cleaner- But The Data Don't Show It
With air pollution a distant memory outside some pockets in the United States (or during wildfires), the U.S. EPA oddly embraced one paper, which they had not seen any data for(1), claiming that particles so small they could only be detected with an electr ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jul 24 2019 - 1:44pm
- How Volcanoes Shaped Climate
In the early part of the 19th century, volcanoes had such a dramatic impact people worried the climate was irrevocably changed. The "year without a summer" saw cooler temperatures and there was concern Tambora in Indonesia and four other large er ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 29 2019 - 9:01am
- Nitrogen Dioxide In Air Statistically Linked To Asthma- But The Methods Are Unclean
In developed countries, air quality is now great. So great that true smog (PM 10- particulate matter 10 microns in diameter) is basically going extinct in countries like America so epidemiologists and demographers have taken to promoting concern about par ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 6 2019 - 9:49am
- Anti-Fracking Ecologist Robert Howarth Is Back With A New Cosmic Claim About Methane
If you are worried about climate change and don't embrace natural gas as a bridge to whatever energy wins the future- solar, hydrogen, nuclear- you don't understand energy density and emissions. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 14 2019 - 11:30am
- Urban Exposome: A New Way For Activists To Scare Pregnant Women
Urban poor people live in areas where there is more population density and higher pollution and more crime, that is no surprise. But pollution is relative in 2018, American air is so incredibly clean (1) that epidemiologists and activists have tried to de ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 19 2019 - 11:01am
- Amazon Fires Are Not Depleting Earth's Oxygen Supply
Fires in the Amazon rainforest have captured attention worldwide in recent days. Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, who took office in 2019, pledged in his campaign to reduce environmental protection and increase agricultural development in the Amazon, a ...
Article - The Conversation - Aug 27 2019 - 5:00am