- Urban Emissions Decreased In High-Income Countries And It Would Be More If 'Virtual' Pollution Was Not Included
Starting in 1975, in defiance of Population Bomb claims of mass famine about to happen, agricultural science hit an inflection point and more people began to be fed on less land, using less water and energy, with less environmental strain than ever before. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jul 7 2021 - 11:52am
- Weather: Where Science And Supernatural Beliefs Meet
On July 15 971, the bones of St Swithin were removed from their resting place on the order of Aethelwold, Bishop of Winchester, and placed in a shrine inside the cathedral. The saint, it seemed, did not approve. A violent storm followed, and rain fell for ...
Article - The Conversation - Jul 14 2021 - 6:13pm
- California Fires: Where There's Smoke There's PM 2.5 Junk Science
As I write this, our local school is closed due to concern about smoke inhalation. Other parts of the nation may not realize it but two severe wildfires broke out recently, in northern and southern California. If this had happened anywhere near New York Ci ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 24 2021 - 2:53pm
- Exposure To Wildfire Smoke May Increase Preterm Birth Risk- But It Would Be The PM10, Not PM2.5
A new study statistically correlates wildfire smoke to pre-term birth risk. There are a number of confounders in that, of course, like that exposure to wildfires creates a great deal of stress and often hurried actions and those are huge factors, but they ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 25 2021 - 4:37pm
- Claim: 30,000 Lives Could Be Saved By Making The World's Cleanest Air Even Cleaner- But The Data Don't Show It
With air pollution a distant memory outside some pockets in the United States (or during wildfires), the U.S. EPA oddly embraced one paper, which they had not seen any data for(1), claiming that particles so small they could only be detected with an electr ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 30 2021 - 12:23pm
- Lots Claim On Surveys That They'll Help Fight Climate Change- But Surveys Are Not Behavior
Before COVID-19, it was a large number of Democrats and a tiny number of Republicans who distrusted vaccines, believing something like that they caused autism, or that FDA was in cahoots with Big Pharma, or some weird supplement was just as good as medicin ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 15 2021 - 1:00am
- Do You Make Real Estate Decisions Based On The Emissions Of The Property?
A consulting firm that charges you to tell you how to cut your emissions is now claiming that properties which don't spend a lot of money will plummet in value in the near future. So if you own commercial property, you have been warned. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 16 2021 - 2:29pm