- California Fires: Where There's Smoke There's PM 2.5 Junk Science
As I write this, our local school is closed due to concern about smoke inhalation. Other parts of the nation may not realize it but two severe wildfires broke out recently, in northern and southern California. If this had happened anywhere near New York Ci ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 24 2021 - 2:53pm
- Exposure To Wildfire Smoke May Increase Preterm Birth Risk- But It Would Be The PM10, Not PM2.5
A new study statistically correlates wildfire smoke to pre-term birth risk. There are a number of confounders in that, of course, like that exposure to wildfires creates a great deal of stress and often hurried actions and those are huge factors, but they ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 25 2021 - 4:37pm
- Claim: 30,000 Lives Could Be Saved By Making The World's Cleanest Air Even Cleaner- But The Data Don't Show It
With air pollution a distant memory outside some pockets in the United States (or during wildfires), the U.S. EPA oddly embraced one paper, which they had not seen any data for(1), claiming that particles so small they could only be detected with an electr ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 30 2021 - 12:23pm
- Lots Claim On Surveys That They'll Help Fight Climate Change- But Surveys Are Not Behavior
Before COVID-19, it was a large number of Democrats and a tiny number of Republicans who distrusted vaccines, believing something like that they caused autism, or that FDA was in cahoots with Big Pharma, or some weird supplement was just as good as medicin ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 15 2021 - 1:00am
- Do You Make Real Estate Decisions Based On The Emissions Of The Property?
A consulting firm that charges you to tell you how to cut your emissions is now claiming that properties which don't spend a lot of money will plummet in value in the near future. So if you own commercial property, you have been warned. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 16 2021 - 2:29pm
- Climate Tipping Points From The Past Can Help Better Predict What May Happen Next
A tipping point in climate computer estimates is a threshold where large and perhaps irreversible changes occur. Some estimates are silly, 20 foot ocean rises, etc., but without data from recent times it is hard to make models more reliable. There was a pe ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 25 2021 - 3:43pm
- The Warming Rate Of The Last 150 Years Surpasses Rate Of Change Over The Last 24,000
For the last 10,000 years the earth has been in a warming cycle. The latest ice age ended around that time, a recurring phenomenon in nature where 90,000 of every 100,000 years were ice ages. How warm has it gotten compared to other warming bursts since th ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 17 2021 - 12:49pm
- Spurious Correlation: Epidemiology Paper Links Virtual Air Pollution To Fatty Liver Disease
A new study hopes to link long-term exposure to ambient air pollution and metabolic-associated fatty liver disease, a name change from non-alcoholic fatty liver disease because it is associated with obesity and type 2 diabetes. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 10 2021 - 2:48pm
- How To Predict Lightning Using AI
There is a saying that goes 'lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice' but it was never wise to bet your life on it. What it means is that getting hit at all is rare, for a human well over a 1 in 1,000,000 chance, but even if only 30 ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 15 2021 - 11:59am
- Warming And Clean Air Caused The Little Ice Age During The Renaissance
The Little Ice Age, lasting from early 15th to mid-19th centuries, was one of the coldest periods of the past 10,000 years- since the last real Ice Age ended. Why it happened is one of the persistent questions in historical climatology. The cold spell set ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 15 2021 - 7:36pm