- Suspect Correlation: Eating Alone Linked To Heart Attacks In Women
If we want people to trust disease epidemiologists during the COVID-19 pandemic- and the next pandemic after that, since this was the third one of just coronavirus in 17 years- then we have to start holding suspect epidemiologists accountable. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Nov 3 2021 - 1:58pm
- Eggs Earlier In Life Will Mean Fewer Egg Allergies
In response to increases in allergies, and then paralyzing schools and businesses because many parents conflate any allergic reaction with anaphylaxis, in 2017 allergists and pediatricians began recommending that parents start to introduce peanut product a ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 5 2021 - 10:14am
- Military Veteran Deaths Went Up In 2020 As You'd Expect, But Less Than The General Population
Suicides and other mental health issues, as well as general deaths, went up during the pandemic in 2020 and veterans were not excluded. But they fared better than the general population, which is good news for Veteran's Day. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Nov 12 2021 - 4:19pm
- Happy Thanksgiving: You're More Likely To Be Murdered Than Die From A Food Allergy
A person with a food allergy is more likely to be murdered than to die from a severe reaction, according to a new paper in Clinical and Experimental Allergy. ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 22 2021 - 5:15pm
- E-Cigarettes Lead To 800% Increase In Quitting Cigarettes In The Most Important Demographic
Smoking remains the most prevalent lifestyle disease in the world, and for people who want to quit, there are lots of options, from "cold turkey" to vaping to patches and gums. But among smokers who don't intend to quit, there is a clear win ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 29 2021 - 12:26pm
- In Severe Scoliosis, Growth-Friendly Surgeries Cause More Complications Than Single Spinal Fusion
Early-onset scoliosis is a potentially deadly curve in the spine that can damage a child’s heart and lung function as it progresses. Adolescents with scoliosis are traditionally treated with a single spinal fusion, where rods and screws are inserted to fus ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 4 2022 - 4:39pm
- Chewing Gum May Increase Diet-Induced Thermogenesis And Therefore Mean Less Weight Gain
A new study finds that oral stimuli during the chewing of food can help increase energy expenditure of body and prevent obesity. Chew your food well is ancient wisdom. In the past, the belief was perhaps because there was less food anyway. Chewing it lon ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 20 2022 - 11:42am
- Why We Can't Just Let Omicron Spread- Urban Legend That Viruses Evolve Naturally To Be Mild- Need To Control With #DOITALL
Some news stories suggest that if Omicron is mild it is a “blessing in disguise”. Should we let everyone get it as fast as possible? It might seem it would help- if Omicron is indeed a little milder, this may reduce pressure on the health system for a few ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jan 23 2022 - 11:14am
- Masks Show Kindness To Others- No Masks: Let Others See Your Smile- Masks: Save Others From Ambulances- Eyes Can Smile Too
Do be careful, masks, distancing, get vaccinated, ventilation, avoid crowded places, test, trace, isolate, quarantine. #DOITALL- BE CAREFUL I am posting this after Boris Johnson announced- to much celebration- that the UK will end its mask mandate again b ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jan 23 2022 - 2:02pm
- Activists Claim A Vegetarian Diet Will Prevent COVID-19 Deaths
A group of vegetarian activists argue that the COVID-19 Omicron variant is good reason for people to adopt a plant-based diet. ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 31 2022 - 2:42pm