- What Is UK's Plan B If New More Deadly COVID Variant Emerges At 100,000 Cases Per Day? SAGE Warning From May Released July
What is UK's plan B if another more transmissible or severe or vaccine evading variant emerges at 100,000 cases a day? The UK by relaxing its restrictions even more at high cases per day encourages new variants including homegrown variants. There is ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jul 9 2021 - 5:25am
- IBD Correlated To Processed Foods In Food Survey
A new paper has statistically linked inflammatory bowel disease, an umbrella term for chronic inflammation of the digestive tract, to processed foods. But because every food is processed- no one eats wheat that hasn't been milled- the term has now be ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 15 2021 - 8:57am
- International Experts On COVID On UK’s “Freedom Day”: Unethical To Take Away Umbrellas From People Without Raincoats
Covid experts around the world respond to the UK’s decision to lift remaining restrictions on July 19 in an emergency online summit. They say no public health officer would recognize this as a strategy. This article as a tweet thread, including the short ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jul 17 2021 - 6:33am
- The Meta-Vaccine
With the delta variant of Covid-19 surging in many countries- e.g., over 100,000 new cases per day foreseen in the UK in the next few days, and many other countries following suit- we may feel depressed at the thought that this pandemic is going to stay wi ...
Article - Tommaso Dorigo - Jul 18 2021 - 7:16am
- It's Biologically Impossible For Diet Soda To Increase Your Risk Of Heart Attack, But Statistics Can Make It 100%
I sometimes like to read the arXix preprint physics site. It's where a lot of papers go before they are in journals. It was open access, a way to see what scientists were working on before the results were locked behind a corporate journal paywall, be ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jul 21 2021 - 8:28am
- Chewing Gum, Lördagsgodis, And The Wild Swedish Studies That Settled The Debate On Sugar And Cavities
Nearly 70 years ago, results of a Swedish experiment, now called the Vipeholm studies, correlated frequent candy consumption and tooth decay. With the benefit of scientific hindsight, this is no surprise. What is a surprise is how different cultures reacte ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jul 30 2021 - 10:11am
- Obama Era School Lunch Mandates Are Leaving- What Politics Giveth, Politics Can Take Away
The Obama administration mandated that the U.S. Department of Agriculture tell schools to add more fruits, vegetables, and other vegetarian fare and USDA did as it was told. They had data showing it would just lead to a lot of food waste, and it did, but i ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 6 2021 - 2:59pm
- 5 Foods To Avoid At The Supermarket
Ideally lollipops, cookies, sugar-sweetened drinks, potato chips and processed meats will never appear in your shopping cart. Want to stack the nutrition odds in your favor? The key is good food so here are five things to never let into your shopping tr ...
Article - The Conversation - Aug 20 2021 - 2:53pm
- Epidemiology Paper Correlates Vaping To Anorexia- And Then We Wonder Why Anyone Is Skeptical About COVID-19 Data
In 2021, it is vital that the public trusts epidemiologists when it comes to disease transmission. The cultural obstacle is that epidemiology is such a large field, much of it populated by woo. Osteopaths hurt their own reputations by not demanding that hu ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 14 2021 - 9:18am
- War On Vaccines: Physicians Committee For Responsible Medicine Claims A Vegetarian Diet Makes COVID-19 Mortality Drop
The animal rights activist group Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine has an op-ed in American Journal of Medicine claiming that if you want the COVID-19 vaccine to work 'better', whatever that is supposed to mean, adopt a vegetarian die ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Oct 6 2021 - 8:27am