- WHO: To Prevent New Variants, Suppress COVID Globally: More Transmission = More Variants: Less Transmission = Less Variants
" That’s what viruses do, they evolve, but we can prevent the emergence of variants by preventing transmission. It’s quite simple. More transmission, more variants. Less transmission, less variants." Dr Tedros (Director General of the WHO) (cl ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jul 4 2021 - 1:08pm
- What Is UK's Plan B If New More Deadly COVID Variant Emerges At 100,000 Cases Per Day? SAGE Warning From May Released July
What is UK's plan B if another more transmissible or severe or vaccine evading variant emerges at 100,000 cases a day? The UK by relaxing its restrictions even more at high cases per day encourages new variants including homegrown variants. There is ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jul 9 2021 - 5:25am
- IBD Correlated To Processed Foods In Food Survey
A new paper has statistically linked inflammatory bowel disease, an umbrella term for chronic inflammation of the digestive tract, to processed foods. But because every food is processed- no one eats wheat that hasn't been milled- the term has now be ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 15 2021 - 8:57am
- International Experts On COVID On UK’s “Freedom Day”: Unethical To Take Away Umbrellas From People Without Raincoats
Covid experts around the world respond to the UK’s decision to lift remaining restrictions on July 19 in an emergency online summit. They say no public health officer would recognize this as a strategy. This article as a tweet thread, including the short ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jul 17 2021 - 6:33am
- The Meta-Vaccine
With the delta variant of Covid-19 surging in many countries- e.g., over 100,000 new cases per day foreseen in the UK in the next few days, and many other countries following suit- we may feel depressed at the thought that this pandemic is going to stay wi ...
Article - Tommaso Dorigo - Jul 18 2021 - 7:16am
- It's Biologically Impossible For Diet Soda To Increase Your Risk Of Heart Attack, But Statistics Can Make It 100%
I sometimes like to read the arXix preprint physics site. It's where a lot of papers go before they are in journals. It was open access, a way to see what scientists were working on before the results were locked behind a corporate journal paywall, be ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jul 21 2021 - 8:28am