- Rocket Booster For China's Tianhe Space Station Will Re-Enter Uncontrolled. Don't Worry About It.
T he Chinese Space agency has achieved something interesting by launching the first part of their own space station. This is not a breakthrough as space stations have been around for a while. More science done in space will inevitably be good for humani ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - May 5 2021 - 11:51pm
- We Should Not Expect Aliens Who Visit Earth To Make Contact.
L et us take seriously that UFOs are real, but they do not make contact because we are too far removed from them technologically to be worth the trouble. Scientists discuss alien intelligence in various ways one big way is using the Kardashev scale. This ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - May 21 2021 - 11:15pm
- A Gravitational Wave From A Black Hole-Neutron Star Merger 900,000,000 Light Years Away Just Hit Earth
Two new gravitational-wave events, dubbed GW200105 and GW200115, were detected on Jan. 5, 2020, and Jan. 15, 2020, but they happened 900,000,000 years ago. It took that long for the gravitational waves from two black holes gobbling up their neutron star co ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 29 2021 - 11:04am
- Jeff Bezos's New Shepard May Look A Little Phallic But It'll Get The Job Done.
N ew Sheppard will carry Jeff Bezos over the Karman Line 100 km or higher into the internationally recognized boundary of space. The Virgin Galactic Spaceship 2 was a beautiful, innovative, and inspired Scaled Composites design from the mind of the legend ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Jul 20 2021 - 7:20am
- Stars, Planets And Moons Are Round, So Why Aren't Comets And Asteroids?
I’m puzzled as to why the planets, stars and moons are all round (when) other large and small objects such as asteroids and meteorites are irregular shapes? — Lionel Young, age 74, Launceston, Tasmania This is a fantastic question Lionel, and a really goo ...
Article - The Conversation - Jul 20 2021 - 5:31pm