Space

Why Astronomers Keep Looking For Dark Matter

Scientists know very little about the matter that makes up the galaxies in the Universe. About 20% of the matter in galaxies is visible or baryonic: subatomic particles like protons, neutrons and electrons. The other 80%, referred to as “dark matter”, rem ...

Article - The Conversation - Aug 30 2022 - 4:44pm

Rare Diamonds Came From Outer Space

Scientists have confirmed the existence of lonsdaleite, a rare hexagonal form of diamond named after British crystallographer Kathleen Lonsdale, in ureilite meteorites from the mantle of a planet in our solar system. According to the new findings, a large ...

Article - News Staff - Sep 13 2022 - 8:20am