- MORVEL: A Precise Model Of Tectonic-Plate Movements
ridges in all the major ocean basins. The Earth's magnetic field changes polarity at irregular ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 23 2010 - 6:14pm
- Eyjafjallajökull, Gígjökull, Jökulhlaup, Gosmökkur
of all aircraft. VA means volcanic activity. Following the issue of the VA SIGMET, airspaces across ...
Article - Patrick Lockerby - Apr 19 2010 - 11:11am
- Yangtze River In China 40 Million Years Older Than Previously Thought
the Three Gorges area. Densmore said, “The fact that erosion had removed all of the evidence of the ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 3 2010 - 9:11am
- A Brief Introduction To Santorini
at the end of the 180,000 year cycles the magma chamber is allowed to evolve all the way to ...
Article - Gareth Fabbro - Aug 15 2010 - 3:47pm
- How Mountains Came From Raindrops
patterns, all point to something going on with the Farallon plate as being responsible for the construction ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 21 2010 - 10:56am
- The Moon Has A Core Also
core-mantle boundary, then that signal "echo" should be present in all the recordings, even if below ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 6 2011 - 4:23pm
- Trouble At Yellowstone?
question, inflating with what? The obvious answer, as this is a volcano after all, is that the sill is ...
Article - Gareth Fabbro - Nov 20 2011 - 11:28am
- Japanese Earthquake Causes 'Supermoon' Concern
excited is that is combined with a full moon. What geological significance is that? None at all, but ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 24 2012 - 8:45am
- Rifting The Lithosphere In Southern California
the mantle part of the lithosphere and the fact that deformation at the surface runs all the way to ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 8 2011 - 1:00pm
- Extinction: The Permian Period Was Gradual Doom
almost a lifeless planet. Around 90 percent of all living species disappeared then, in what scientists ...
Article - News Staff - Feb 3 2012 - 3:25pm