- Global Weirding: Blame The North Atlantic
solar activity. And all of these do influence the “jet stream” high in the atmosphere that guides and ...
Article - The Conversation - Jan 22 2016 - 8:21pm
- Armada Of Icebergs Each Bigger Than The Empire State Building Followed Last Ice Age
with ice that was so thick and heavy it was grounded on the sea floor all the way to the edge of the ...
Article - News Staff - Feb 18 2016 - 8:36am
- Mystery Of Antarctic Ice Sheets Solved? Researcher Says It Was Cooling Oceans, After All
Earth’s orbit around the sun made Antarctic summers cold enough for ice to remain frozen all year round. ...
Article - News Staff - Feb 28 2008 - 9:33pm
- Brittlestar City- Underwater Summit Taller Than The World’s Tallest Building
flowing in all the rivers of the world,” says Dr. Mike Williams of NIWA. “In terms of the world’s oceans, ...
Article - News Staff - May 18 2008 - 3:00pm
- Rivers Are More Important To Coastal Sea Level Than Previously Believed
Barometric pressure, tides, winds, waves, they all play a role in the ebb and flow of the ocean. ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 10 2018 - 11:47am
- Boat Nets Large Jellyfish, Sinks Itself
tentacles, then slowly reel it in and digest it. All of this happens entirely underwater. It is conceivable ...
Article - Danna Staaf - Nov 10 2009 - 10:08am
- How Big A Wave Does It Take To Demolish A Coastal Building?
risks. 1: What is a coastal hazard? a) Wind b) Waves c) Flooding d) All of the above e) ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 10 2009 - 10:03am
- Obama Administration Criticized For Seismic Airgun Blasting In The Atlantic
and the Dare County, North Carolina tourism board have all publicly opposed or voiced concern over the ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 5 2015 - 10:42am
- World Glacier Monitoring Service Says Melting Is Faster Than Ever
21st century (2001-2010) compared to all available earlier data from in-situ, air-borne, and ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 4 2015 - 8:30am
- Around The Arctic June 2013
August  (check the animation) all of the ice in those channels started breaking up and multiyear ...
Article - Patrick Lockerby - Jun 20 2013 - 12:02pm