- Arctic Ice July 2010- Update #1
in former times. Until recent decades only portions of those waters were at all navigable in summer. ...
Article - Patrick Lockerby - Oct 3 2010 - 4:24pm
- Arctic Ice August 2011
extends all the way across at its base. However, the great expanse of ice which is inevitably going to ...
Article - Patrick Lockerby - Aug 4 2011 - 1:21am
- Meltwater On Greenland's Ice Sheet- Small Rivers Make A Big Difference
to 46,000 feet per second-- a massive flow rate that is all the more awe-inspiring because the ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 12 2015 - 5:42pm
- Better And Worse Than Thought: Corrected Estimates Of Sea Level Rise
sheets." "We are looking at all the available sea-level records and trying to say that Greenland has ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 14 2015 - 2:11pm
- Solving The Puzzle Of Sea-Level Rise
approach to tide-gauge records, we realized that we could add all of our estimated individual contributions ...
Article - The Conversation - Jan 17 2015 - 8:30am
- Rivers Are More Important To Coastal Sea Level Than Previously Believed
Barometric pressure, tides, winds, waves, they all play a role in the ebb and flow of the ocean. ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 10 2018 - 11:47am
- Superfreaking Chemistry?
geoengineering solutions for climate change: If you find yourself writing, in all seriousness, as a practical ...
Blog Post - Michael White - Oct 29 2009 - 2:54pm
- Boat Nets Large Jellyfish, Sinks Itself
tentacles, then slowly reel it in and digest it. All of this happens entirely underwater. It is conceivable ...
Article - Danna Staaf - Nov 10 2009 - 10:08am
- How Big A Wave Does It Take To Demolish A Coastal Building?
risks. 1: What is a coastal hazard? a) Wind b) Waves c) Flooding d) All of the above e) ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 10 2009 - 10:03am
- Warm Sea Water Toward Antarctic Glaciers Is Constant, Not Seasonal
have instruments in place all year round," says researcher Lars Arneborg from the Department of ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 6 2012 - 12:30pm