- 5G Update: Belief In Harm Is Still Belief In Magic
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. The NYU Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute, Berkeley psychologist Joel Moskowitz, and other anti-science conspiracy theorists use the language of science against it to advance their beliefs that we're all being harmed by the ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jun 24 2020 - 11:45am
- To Have Great Science Literacy, We Must Have Greater Digital Literacy- An Experiment Shows How
The anti-vaccine and anti-GMO movements are products of the digital age. While there were always vaccine deniers, they were a tiny religious fringe until the 2000s, when it took England and the coasts of the U.S. by storm. Similarly, odd beliefs about food ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jun 26 2020 - 11:30am
- Neural Networks Growing Artificial Organs Is The 2020 We Expected Decades Ago
If we could start 2020 all over again, the world would be satisfied if the big worry was wildfires and whether or not cat litter had a Non-GMO Project label. Instead, we got a coronavirus from Wuhan, China, and a COVID-19 disease that isn't stopping a ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 8 2020 - 6:04pm
- 'Deepfakes' Are The Most Worrisome Form Of Artificial Intelligence For Terrorism And Crime- And 5 Others To Think About
Experts asked to rank 20 ways Artificial Intelligence could be used to facilitate crime over the next 15 years, in order of concern, listed "deepfakes"- fake audio or video content so real it would have been considered conclusive just a few years ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 5 2020 - 11:26am
- Terminator 2 T-1000 Gets Closer: A New Material That Can Autonomously Heal In Air And Underwater
A new epoxy material is a first-of-its-kind, 3-D printable, stimuli-responsive polymeric material that enable massive reconfigurability in future military platforms, according to a recent paper. It will have embedded intelligence allowing it to autonomousl ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 18 2020 - 11:22pm
- Can This System Help Prevent Traffic Jams?
The number one cause of traffic jams in larger U.S. cities is high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes, which were created by government to force people into carpooling to prevent traffic jams. It did not work, nor did pretending single-use electric cars were ca ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 26 2020 - 7:39am
- 'Plug And Play' Brain Prosthesis Debuts In Paralyzed Person
A brain-controlled prosthetic limb have shown that machine learning techniques helped an individual with paralysis learn to control motion using their brain activity without requiring extensive daily retraining. It is proof-of-concept for how future model ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 8 2020 - 11:13am