The 2013 United States Physics Team competition will identify the brightest high school students to represent the United States at the 44th Annual International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) in Copenhagen, Denmark, July 7th-15th, 2013. The mission of the competition is to promote and demonstrate academic excellence through preparation for and participation in the International Physics Olympiad.
All high school physics students are encouraged to participate in the Fnet=ma preliminary exam January 21, 2013 – February 13, 2013. 300-400 students, based on the score on the preliminary exam, will be invited to take the Semifinal Exam. The top 20 students nationally on the Semifinal Exam will then become the US Physics Team and be invited to the Physics Team Training Camp at the University of Maryland May 28th-June 8th.
Of those , the top 5 students will advance to the International Physics Olympiad.
The Center for Excellence in Education (CEE) and the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) have announced a joint sponsorship, which will make the competition more accessible and engaging for high school students.
To learn more or register your school, go here.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Gravitational Waves? Watch the LIGO press conference at 10:30 Eastern.
- LIGO, Gravitational Waves, And Laser Interferometry
- Giddings: The 750 GeV Diphoton Resonance Is A Graviton
- The Greenhouse Effect Fallacy
- Starting Age Of Marijuana Use May Have Long-term Effects On Brain Development
- New Government Guidelines Won't Impact Alcohol Drinking
- Lipid-based Diets Effectively Combat Alzheimer's Disease In Mouse Model
- "Since one direction will be less time in the air (assuming this model is even correct) due to an..."
- "Sadly, given the documented events of his admin., the rule by regulation and the flouting of the..."
- "You may not like my snark, but you haven’t argued with my logic...."
- "After promising 'transparency', Obama has gone down a road of (probably unconstitutional unilateralism)..."
- "Yes the details of the gravitational waves they detect will be very important. Will they..."
- Age-specific Rates Of Dementia In Decline — But Not The Number Of New Patients
- Undoing 35 Years Of Progress? Resistance To AIDS Meds in Africa
- Frying Foods in Olive Oil May Provide Health Benefits
- How Poisonous is DDT?
- National Academy of Medicine Supports Replacing Faulty Mitochondrial DNA
- Science Acceptance: The Urban-Rural Divide