The 2013 United States Physics Team competition will identify the brightest high school students to represent the United States at the 44th Annual International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) in Copenhagen, Denmark, July 7th-15th, 2013. The mission of the competition is to promote and demonstrate academic excellence through preparation for and participation in the International Physics Olympiad.
All high school physics students are encouraged to participate in the Fnet=ma preliminary exam January 21, 2013 – February 13, 2013. 300-400 students, based on the score on the preliminary exam, will be invited to take the Semifinal Exam. The top 20 students nationally on the Semifinal Exam will then become the US Physics Team and be invited to the Physics Team Training Camp at the University of Maryland May 28th-June 8th.
Of those , the top 5 students will advance to the International Physics Olympiad.
The Center for Excellence in Education (CEE) and the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) have announced a joint sponsorship, which will make the competition more accessible and engaging for high school students.
To learn more or register your school, go here.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The BPA Paradox – Too Many Studies?
- Less Sex, More Veggies: How To Live A Longer More Miserable Life
- Volunteer-Based Peer Review: A Success
- Family Planning: Involving Men Empowers Women
- Fuzzy Trace Theory: People Know Antibiotics Don't Cure Viruses But Still Ask For Them
- Some Poor People Have Better Health
- The Internet Of Things And Security: Will A Hacker Stop Your Heart Or Car?
- "I was looking at The Winnower again this morning, which led me back here. I tried to comment on..."
- "There is no question they were created to cater to universities and are staffed by people from..."
- "And my second link should be not a copy of the first, but this: http://www.nature.com/news/half..."
- "Recently I saw The Conversation remove/censor legitimate comments arguing against an article written..."
- tags because there's no testing..." href="/robert_inventor/why_we_cant_backup_earth_on_mars_the_moon_or_anywhere_else_in_our_solar_system-148364#comment-182183">"Robert, you might want to reformat my post. I intended to highlight only the headlines for easy..."
- Behavioral interventions to prevent progression to diabetes equally effective in men and women
- Gender differences in adaptation to space flight
- Long-term complication rate low in nose job using patient's own rib cartilage
- Survival differences seen for advanced-stage laryngeal cancer
- Effect of once-daily, low-dose aspirin on heart attack deaths and other outcomes