The 2013 United States Physics Team competition will identify the brightest high school students to represent the United States at the 44th Annual International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) in Copenhagen, Denmark, July 7th-15th, 2013. The mission of the competition is to promote and demonstrate academic excellence through preparation for and participation in the International Physics Olympiad.
All high school physics students are encouraged to participate in the Fnet=ma preliminary exam January 21, 2013 – February 13, 2013. 300-400 students, based on the score on the preliminary exam, will be invited to take the Semifinal Exam. The top 20 students nationally on the Semifinal Exam will then become the US Physics Team and be invited to the Physics Team Training Camp at the University of Maryland May 28th-June 8th.
Of those , the top 5 students will advance to the International Physics Olympiad.
The Center for Excellence in Education (CEE) and the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) have announced a joint sponsorship, which will make the competition more accessible and engaging for high school students.
To learn more or register your school, go here.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Are Marijuana Warning Labels Needed? Users Say Yes
- Should Pregnant Women Be Concerned About BPA?
- Something is wrong in the Arctic
- Order Patterned With Chaos - How Climate Is Predicted For Decades - With Exact Forecasts Only For Days
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Is The X(5568) A True Resonance ?
- John Glenn, Astronaut, and Senator dead at 95. A Milennial Perspective
- "No, not at all. I just posted there:..."
- "Maybe we should institute medical marijuana testers, like the food-testers of old that used to..."
- "An interesting generational perspective there. In the mid-1950s, I was given a copy of The Complete..."
- "Dear Hank, perhaps I did not understand:I did as you told and nothing happens; sorry, I am lonely..."
- "You're copying and pasting some proprietary Microsoft code in your Word document. Switch to the..."
- On Proposed Tanning Bed Ban for Teens, New Study Urges FDA to Act
- It’s Not Brain Surgery, But do you Know What is? Brain Surgery!
- A Possible Antidote for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Surgeon General Declares War on E-Cigarettes But Not Marijuana, Hookah
- NHL's Concussion Protocol, a Closer Look (Part 2)
- Uh-Oh — Smokers Are Drinking the 'Additives Cause the Cancer' Kool-Aid