The 2013 United States Physics Team competition will identify the brightest high school students to represent the United States at the 44th Annual International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) in Copenhagen, Denmark, July 7th-15th, 2013. The mission of the competition is to promote and demonstrate academic excellence through preparation for and participation in the International Physics Olympiad.
All high school physics students are encouraged to participate in the Fnet=ma preliminary exam January 21, 2013 – February 13, 2013. 300-400 students, based on the score on the preliminary exam, will be invited to take the Semifinal Exam. The top 20 students nationally on the Semifinal Exam will then become the US Physics Team and be invited to the Physics Team Training Camp at the University of Maryland May 28th-June 8th.
Of those , the top 5 students will advance to the International Physics Olympiad.
The Center for Excellence in Education (CEE) and the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) have announced a joint sponsorship, which will make the competition more accessible and engaging for high school students.
To learn more or register your school, go here.
2013 USA Physics Team Gets New Sponsorship
- Team USA Takes The Prize At The International Linguistics Olympiad
- It's Not An Olympic Sport But Team USA Still Brings Home A Linguistics Gold Medal
- Elsevier Launches Exam Consult- An Online Exam Preparation Tool For UK Medical School Exams
- Genes May Influence How Well You Take Tests
- Lost In America: Top Math Talent (But We're Getting More Females)