The 2013 United States Physics Team competition will identify the brightest high school students to represent the United States at the 44th Annual International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) in Copenhagen, Denmark, July 7th-15th, 2013. The mission of the competition is to promote and demonstrate academic excellence through preparation for and participation in the International Physics Olympiad.
All high school physics students are encouraged to participate in the Fnet=ma preliminary exam January 21, 2013 – February 13, 2013. 300-400 students, based on the score on the preliminary exam, will be invited to take the Semifinal Exam. The top 20 students nationally on the Semifinal Exam will then become the US Physics Team and be invited to the Physics Team Training Camp at the University of Maryland May 28th-June 8th.
Of those , the top 5 students will advance to the International Physics Olympiad.
The Center for Excellence in Education (CEE) and the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) have announced a joint sponsorship, which will make the competition more accessible and engaging for high school students.
To learn more or register your school, go here.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Family Holiday Survival: 12 Ways To Deal With That Climate Change Denier
- A Vegetarian Carnivorous Plant...Wait, What?
- Falsifiability And The Integrity Of Physics
- Wave-Particle Duality And Quantum Uncertainty - Two Sides Of The Same Mystery?
- Dr. Ozvorkian And The Amoebas
- Guest Post: Ben Allanach, On Open Access
- How Does Prostate Cancer Happen?
- "Step 0: Open your mind and listen -- you might learn something...."
- "I strongly urge readers to READ 'Scientific method: Defend the integrity of physics' by Ellis and..."
- "Mark:You state that science is an expert trust-based system ...Now, if you are talking about how..."
- "The need to immediately, completely, legalize Marijuana throughout the world is one of the most..."
- "Cool! Do one for anti-vaxxers...."