I am not a big fan of re-posting others' stuff, but this gem seems to be hard to get and it is not just funny, but actually true, meaning that if you are for example an undergrad and you want to know how the postdoc feels about you, here is your answer.
Of course, the PI sees only the female undergrads that way (if they are male and straight), but nevertheless, yes they do! And the one with the postdoc perceiving the technician: the technician is the one telling the secret, the postdoc is the one whose eyes are opened.
Sure - this is biased from a technicians perspective, but their perspective is somewhat elevated actually, and they see scientific academia as what it is and as it is depicted here: A kindergarden.
Matus Sotak (@biomatushiq)
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Challenges Of Scientific Publishing: A Conference By Elsevier
- MicroRNA, The Puppet Master Of The Genome
- Photogrammetry: Of Viking Graves And Sunken Ships
- Metal Composite So Light It Floats On Water
- Companies Have A Moral Obligation To Present The Truth About GMOs
- Germany Phasing Out Nuclear Has Meant More Fracking And Coal, Not More Solar
- Weekend Science: Binge Drinking Behavior Linked To GIRK Brain Protein
- "Tolle thinks that our mind being busy simulating future and remembering past gives a distorted..."
- "Dashboard, and then click Write Blog...."
- "People in the middle have to chuckle that Hoover is arch conservative and yet unions are wholesome..."
- "I missed out on this: Linda Darling-Hammond says Value Added Adds Little Value to Teacher Evaluations..."
- " Eric Hanushek working out of Stamford, [sic] ..or rather the arch-conservative Hoover Institution..."
- Mood instability common to mental health disorders and associated with poor outcomes
- Depression associated with 5-fold increase in mortality risk for heart failure patients
- Anticipating temptation may reduce unethical behavior
- Deciphering clues to prehistoric climate changes locked in cave deposits
- Vaccines developed for H5N1, H7N9 avian influenza strains