I am not a big fan of re-posting others' stuff, but this gem seems to be hard to get and it is not just funny, but actually true, meaning that if you are for example an undergrad and you want to know how the postdoc feels about you, here is your answer.
Of course, the PI sees only the female undergrads that way (if they are male and straight), but nevertheless, yes they do! And the one with the postdoc perceiving the technician: the technician is the one telling the secret, the postdoc is the one whose eyes are opened.
Sure - this is biased from a technicians perspective, but their perspective is somewhat elevated actually, and they see scientific academia as what it is and as it is depicted here: A kindergarden.
Matus Sotak (@biomatushiq)
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- New Tractor Beam Can Repel And Attract
- Researchers Created A Laser Bullet To See What It Would Look Like - And Here It Is
- Erupting Bardarbunga Volcano In Iceland Sits On A Massive Magma Hot Spot
- Climate Change Caused By The Ocean
- Home, Workplace, Tomb – Fury And The Reality Of The World War II Tank
- Blood Vessel Transplant From Own Stem Cells - Now In A Week
- Germany’s Green Energy Gamble Could Really Use Some Vorsprung Durch Technik
- "Well stated dersu. I add that the big problem is we still don't have a working model of the brain..."
- "Underage drinking is declining in the US - has been for about a decade. Don't easily available..."
- "A lower range of likely values for climate sensitivity, a larger role from the oceans, if..."
- "But do you understand that these futuristic machines may also be used to study the property of..."
- "Both in this article and the press release from ASU Biodesign are carefully worded allusion to..."
- How to sell a toxic pesticide the smart way–call it organic
- Leftist dystopia? Anti-technology fever animates opposition to GMOs and other ‘disruptive’ technologies
- CDC faced a nearly impossible balancing act with Ebola, and failed
- Why Chobani reversed course, making yoghurt only from milk from cows not fed GMO grain
- Monterey, California, hotbed of anti-GMO activism, home to new GMO corn farm
- Evolution is sometimes messy or even outright ridiculous