I am not a big fan of re-posting others' stuff, but this gem seems to be hard to get and it is not just funny, but actually true, meaning that if you are for example an undergrad and you want to know how the postdoc feels about you, here is your answer.
Of course, the PI sees only the female undergrads that way (if they are male and straight), but nevertheless, yes they do! And the one with the postdoc perceiving the technician: the technician is the one telling the secret, the postdoc is the one whose eyes are opened.
Sure - this is biased from a technicians perspective, but their perspective is somewhat elevated actually, and they see scientific academia as what it is and as it is depicted here: A kindergarden.
Matus Sotak (@biomatushiq)
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Is That A Real Patient Or A Junkie? Now There's An App For That
- How Wild Rabbits Genetically Became Tame Ones
- Coastal Regions Need To Worry About Non-Climate Change Sea Level Rise Now
- Junk Food Rats Ditch Balanced Diet To Eat Just Like Obese People
- China's R&D Budget Surpasses The Entire EU - But Applied Research Has Plummeted
- Why I Believe We’ll Find Aliens - Seth Shostak
- High Dietary Salt Linked To Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms
- "I am deeply sorry for what follows now: I'am here to lead and not to read. ..."
- "Fallacy of quoting out of context You refer to the selective excerpting of words from their original..."
- "If you cite my passage ripped apart like that & did not read the rest of the whole.. It indeed..."
- "If this is true, it would seem to be a fairly large upset in the traditional thinking of diabetes..."
- Medication shows mixed results in reducing complications from cardiac surgery
- Transvenous lead extraction clinically successful in 98 percent of cases
- First multidisciplinary recommendations on management of arrhythmias in ACS patients
- First expert consensus on ventricular arrhythmias published
- First comprehensive ESC Guidelines on aortic diseases published