Animal rights groups have gotten smarter in recent years.
It used to be their tactics were denial of science, ethical posturing and inflammatory ads in newspapers, but now it is naked women and building business-to-business relationships with food companies.
Why? So they can influence how animals are raised with companies that buy large quantities of pork, like McDonald’s, Burger King and most recently, Marriott. That's a good thing, right? Be part of the solution.
Yes, but representatives of these groups have stretched the truth in terms of the number of operations that use group housing for gestating sows. Neil Dierks, Chief Executive Officer of the National Pork Producers Council (NPPC) says animal rights groups have been very successful in “exploiting the gap of knowledge”, claiming, for example, that more than 25% of gestating sows are already housed in groups, while in reality the number is closer to 6%.
It's good that industry leaders are taking a more proactive role in helping consumers and food companies understand how food is raised and how it can be improved. Here is hoping animal activist groups can adopt some ethics as well.
Animal rights groups exploit “gap of knowledge” by JoAnn Alumbaugh, BovineVetOnline
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Order Patterned With Chaos - How Climate Is Predicted For Decades - With Exact Forecasts Only For Days
- Is The X(5568) A True Resonance ?
- Chess is Smart and Sexy! The Mysterious Psychology of Chess Intelligence 1/3
- Baby Boomers Unbound: Marijuana Surges In The Elderly
- Should Pregnant Women Be Concerned About BPA?
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Dormancy, Latency, Cannibalization - How Breast Cancer Can Suddenly Reappear
- "ANTARCTICA HEATING BEFORE CO2 PULSEOn your last point first, please read the para before the graph..."
- "Mr walker, please accept my humble praise and thanks for your rational and scientific retorts to..."
- "Wow! I knew it would be a painfully long winded article but, again, zzzzzzzz. The first thing that..."
- "I've just posted a reply there thanks:Nemesis is pretty much disproved by Wise. There's a..."
- "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbqquQEvhok please watch this, explain that. ..."
- Paper Scandal at Science? Microbeads Lying In the Weeds. With A Stolen Computer.
- Honey, Please Pass The High Fructose Corn Syrup
- A stolen computer and the scandal of a high profile paper
- Need Some Zzzs? How Good Are The 'Z' Sleeping Pills?
- Honey? Please.
- Environmentalists In Cancun: Gene Drives Will Cause Our Extinction, Now Pass The Caviar