Maki at Sci-ənce! bringeth the wisdom about the logical fallacy used by anti-science hippies to rationalize why, if we can't prove something unproven doesn't work, maybe it works, like curing shingles with acupuncture. Sure, scientists who mostly care about politics also engage in logical funkiness, like how Evil Republicans hate science so much they boosted funding but it doesn't count because they didn't boost it enough so they still hate science, but they can make that webcomic another time. That the anti-science hippies and the kookier political activist scientists vote the same way is probably a coincidence anyway.
You may want to click to see it better and to generally give them some Google link love so they keep doing good stuff:
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- M60-UCD1: Tiny Galaxy, Supermassive Black Hole
- Witness The Singularity AI Nanotech Co-Evolutionary Merger
- Dark Matter Is A Bose-Einstein Condensate?
- John Ellis On The Ascent Of The Standard Model
- The Wealth Under Afghanistan
- No books for you! City Colleges of Chicago Students.
- Theory Of Externalities, And Why We’ve Come To Hate Tech Companies
- "Very well said. I like the respectful and thoughtful tone you adopted. I wonder if you might comment..."
- "Hi Cassandra, I appreciate your explanations and examples. Yes, I understand what you're saying..."
- "Tommasso: what incredible bounty of knowledge? The ascent of the standard model hasn't helped humanity..."
- "And unfortunately they were right...."
- "Jerry has always been a Science 2.0 favorite, he has one of three books I endorse on my profile..."
- Technique to model infections shows why live vaccines may be most effective
- How pneumonia bacteria can compromise heart health
- Human sense of fairness evolved to favor long-term cooperation
- Nuclear spins control current in plastic LED
- Changes in coastal upwelling linked to temporary declines in marine ecosystem