Maki at Sci-ənce! bringeth the wisdom about the logical fallacy used by anti-science hippies to rationalize why, if we can't prove something unproven doesn't work, maybe it works, like curing shingles with acupuncture. Sure, scientists who mostly care about politics also engage in logical funkiness, like how Evil Republicans hate science so much they boosted funding but it doesn't count because they didn't boost it enough so they still hate science, but they can make that webcomic another time. That the anti-science hippies and the kookier political activist scientists vote the same way is probably a coincidence anyway.
You may want to click to see it better and to generally give them some Google link love so they keep doing good stuff:
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Should Pregnant Women Be Concerned About BPA?
- President Elect Trump - Why Climate Change Is No Longer A Political Issue Outside The US
- Australopithecus Afarensis: ‘Lucy’ Was A Tree Climber?
- Jena's Roots In The Tree Of Life
- Trump’s Cuban Insight Trumps Fidel Kaepernick’s Caper 2/2
- Highly Effective Nanostructures From Fundamental Optimization Strategy
- "I have no idea sir but thats what i read there are alot of stories circulating the Internet about..."
- "Your point about not all Hispanics / Latinos being the same is well made.Similarly with black people..."
- "Thank for that!Best,T...."
- "Anyway, why is Stephen Hawking meeting the Pope alarming? He's already met 3 others...."
- "So, someone who is the head of a company that builds underground shelters for sale to the public ..."
- Female Vervet Monkeys Assault Males that Do Not Participate in Fights
- Vaginal Ring Effective for HIV Infection Prevention
- Winter is No Wonderland
- On Fitness & Longevity, Don't Be Misled By Health Hype Headlines
- A New CDC Report Shows A Win For Vaccines
- Sleep Apnea or Insufficient Sleep? Both Are Costly & Dangerous