Maki at Sci-ənce! bringeth the wisdom about the logical fallacy used by anti-science hippies to rationalize why, if we can't prove something unproven doesn't work, maybe it works, like curing shingles with acupuncture. Sure, scientists who mostly care about politics also engage in logical funkiness, like how Evil Republicans hate science so much they boosted funding but it doesn't count because they didn't boost it enough so they still hate science, but they can make that webcomic another time. That the anti-science hippies and the kookier political activist scientists vote the same way is probably a coincidence anyway.
You may want to click to see it better and to generally give them some Google link love so they keep doing good stuff:
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- What Lies Beneath West Antarctica?
- Exodus 2100: Due To Climate Change
- Planet Nine: A World That Shouldn't Exist
- Survival Of The Oldest
- Nanoparticles Hold Promise As Double-edged Sword Against Genital Herpes
- Professor Frenkel: Why Shouldn't We Drop Algebra From Our Education System?
- One Third Of Antibiotic Prescriptions Unnecessary
- "In response to your point about building pressurized structures: something we have no experience..."
- "https://i2.wp.com/iceagenow.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Cooking-the-thermometer.png ..."
- "Top US scientist? He hasn’t published a paper in 50 years! He’s an interesting case. In 1990s..."
- "Ya, and your science consists of what? Conclusions based on data that has been homogenized (manipulated)..."
- "Just to prove that you know not what you speakith, the history of the study of logical fallacies..."
- NASA: Rising CO2 Will Help Food Crops
- NRDC Sues EPA Over Fracking – Has The Settlement Been Pre-Arranged?
- Vaccinate Pregnant Moms to Protect Babies from the Flu
- Pure Unstructured Structured Water – Because Some People Will Buy Anything
- Critical-Care Drug Shortages Continue, Despite FDA Action
- EPA Magically Makes Glyphosate Safety Report Disappear
- NASA Study: Rising carbon dioxide levels will help and hurt crops
- Satellites to see Mercury enter spotlight on May 9
- Researchers unveil architecture of mitochondrial calcium uniporter
- Stocks overvalued longer and more often than previously thought, says study
- Barrow researchers prove utility of imaging tool in surgeon's hand