California is a jumble of progressive confusion. People like to pay $15 a dozen for organic, free range chicken eggs and subsidize solar energy, for example, but a clothesline - the most emissions free way to dry clothes ever, invented by ancient man - is illegal in most neighborhoods, and someone making homemade bread and selling it, a practice that got a lot of families through the Great Depression, is in violation of various laws.
Apparently only Big Organic is allowed to sell delicious foods where the chain of custody is well known by the creator and the consumer.
But if you aren't educated by advertising and can't afford Whole Paycheck Foods, homemade stuff may be ideal. California foodies do not want to hide in the shadows any more. "Handcrafted" "artisanal" and "homegrown" should not just be claims that corporations are allowed to make any more, they say.
They want cottage food laws, which 30 states not as oppressive as California have, that would allow sales of home-made goods half of those were passed since the Great Recession began in 2007. Will it happen? Unlikely, progressives are the enemies of freedom so regulations, permits and inspections take place over poorer people who can't afford an onerous $800 fee just to open a banking account being able to be self-sufficient in a state blighted by an anti-business mentality being able to make a living in a small business.
Foodies in California pushing for homemade food sales law - Associated Press
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Questions a Surface Pro 3 user has about Windows 10.
- Epigenetics Of Being Without Electricity For A Few Days
- Top Mass: CMS Again On Top!
- Multiple Sclerosis Patients Benefit From Exercise
- The Enemy Of Archaeology Is Not People, It's Salt
- Mutational Robustness: Why Duplicate Genes Remain In The Genome
- Why Japan’s Deadly Ontake Eruption Could Not Be Predicted
- "I don't know about that. MS makes much of it's money off enterprises. Massive multinational..."
- "Lol, I don't have any problem with that...."
- "There is only one scientific understanding of the neuron-behavior linkage: Kandel et al spent 30..."
- "No wonder you have a problem comprehending climate change!..."