California is a jumble of progressive confusion. People like to pay $15 a dozen for organic, free range chicken eggs and subsidize solar energy, for example, but a clothesline - the most emissions free way to dry clothes ever, invented by ancient man - is illegal in most neighborhoods, and someone making homemade bread and selling it, a practice that got a lot of families through the Great Depression, is in violation of various laws.
Apparently only Big Organic is allowed to sell delicious foods where the chain of custody is well known by the creator and the consumer.
But if you aren't educated by advertising and can't afford Whole Paycheck Foods, homemade stuff may be ideal. California foodies do not want to hide in the shadows any more. "Handcrafted" "artisanal" and "homegrown" should not just be claims that corporations are allowed to make any more, they say.
They want cottage food laws, which 30 states not as oppressive as California have, that would allow sales of home-made goods half of those were passed since the Great Recession began in 2007. Will it happen? Unlikely, progressives are the enemies of freedom so regulations, permits and inspections take place over poorer people who can't afford an onerous $800 fee just to open a banking account being able to be self-sufficient in a state blighted by an anti-business mentality being able to make a living in a small business.
Foodies in California pushing for homemade food sales law - Associated Press
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Poisons Chemists Hate, But You Just Ate
- Our Ethical Responsibilities To Baby Terraformed Worlds - Like Parents
- Single Top Production At The LHC
- Supersymmetry Is About To Be Discovered, Kane Says
- Dietary Restriction, Circadian Rhythm, And Long Life
- Anomaly! - A Different Particle Physics Book
- New Open-access Data On Paleofloods
- "The reason I needed to do an article is because so many of you are so scared by it. I wouldn't..."
- "You have nothing to worry about or scared about by way of mythical bullshit planets :). I don't..."
- "Well it's not going to happen, and it's just so sad that so many of you are getting worked up about..."
- "Where is this article, out of interest?I'm not too surprised, that there'd be some reaction. After..."
- "some people are saying nibiru wont hit earth its just going to cause mayhem on our planet apparently..."
- Earth's first ecosystems were more complex than previously thought, study finds
- Soil pulled from deep under Oregon's unglaciated Coast Range unveils frosty past climate
- Mystery of how snakes lost their legs solved by reptile fossil
- Seizure risk of anti-shivering agent meperidine greatly overstated
- Immune-disorder treatment in mice holds potential for multiple sclerosis patients