The Indiana Jones movies are good when they have some basis in real stuff - like Nazis and the Ark of the Covenant in "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" and Templars and...well, Nazis again...in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".
When Steven Spielberg ventured into fake temples and 1950s alien hokum, we got movies better left to AFI members to have to endure. So for Indiana Jones 5, he should throw out whatever bad idea he is working on and read about Qin Shi Huang's tomb. The first emperor of China created a courtyard-style palace tomb inside a 22-square-mile mortuary compound guarded by more than 6,000 full-size statues of warriors, musicians and acrobats.
The buried palace measures 2,263 by 820 feet and includes 18 courtyard houses overlooked by a main building. That's 6,003,490 cubic feet, one fourth the size of the Forbidden City in Beijing, for just one tomb.
So what is the problem? Start exploring. Chinese archaeologists are more of the modern 'we don't dig' kind than the Indiana Jones adventurer myth; and they believe his burial place is full of deadly traps that will kill any trespassers. Not to talk about deadly quantities of mercury.
Archaeologists Think Hidden Imperial Tomb May Be Too Deadly to Explore by Jesus Diaz, Gizmodo.com
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Wind Turbine Or Tree? Bats Can't Tell
- Top Mass: CMS Again On Top!
- Epigenetics Of Being Without Electricity For A Few Days
- Questions a Surface Pro 3 user has about windows 10.
- The Enemy Of Archaeology Is Not People, It's Salt
- Science Graduates Are Not Good At Math – But Why?
- Depression Surveys Linked To Unnecessary Antidepressant Prescriptions
- "Everyone over 40 should be taking the Cologuard test recently OKed by the FDA. This is a non-invasive..."
- "From your comment the only conclusion is that you have a basic, rudimentary and even wrong understanding..."
- "I guess when you're held in a dungeon for ransom it can kind of set you on edge when the people..."
- "Thank you for your answer!There's indeed a threshold at about 350 MeV, with a decrease afterwards..."
- "I also infer your existence from the nice picture on the right and the fact that you seem to have..."