The Indiana Jones movies are good when they have some basis in real stuff - like Nazis and the Ark of the Covenant in "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" and Templars and...well, Nazis again...in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".
When Steven Spielberg ventured into fake temples and 1950s alien hokum, we got movies better left to AFI members to have to endure. So for Indiana Jones 5, he should throw out whatever bad idea he is working on and read about Qin Shi Huang's tomb. The first emperor of China created a courtyard-style palace tomb inside a 22-square-mile mortuary compound guarded by more than 6,000 full-size statues of warriors, musicians and acrobats.
The buried palace measures 2,263 by 820 feet and includes 18 courtyard houses overlooked by a main building. That's 6,003,490 cubic feet, one fourth the size of the Forbidden City in Beijing, for just one tomb.
So what is the problem? Start exploring. Chinese archaeologists are more of the modern 'we don't dig' kind than the Indiana Jones adventurer myth; and they believe his burial place is full of deadly traps that will kill any trespassers. Not to talk about deadly quantities of mercury.
Archaeologists Think Hidden Imperial Tomb May Be Too Deadly to Explore by Jesus Diaz, Gizmodo.com
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Planck on BICEP2 "It turns out that the part of the dust had been significantly underestimated." UPDATED
- Acceptance Of Evolution Is Far Higher Than Acceptance Of Other Biology
- Prevent Alzheimer's Disease By Drinking Beer?
- The ATLAS Top Production Asymmetry And One Thing I Do Not Like Of It
- New Rapid Test Kit Detects Dengue Antibodies From Saliva
- Hardwired For Miscommunication? Why Women Think Sex When Men Just Want To Be Friends
- Lower Sea Level In Europe Caused By Ocean Surface Slope
- " Beyond Einstein and E=mc2 pp.546, Chapters 7 Publisher, Cambridge International Science Publisher..."
- "Nuclear is only high cost because we don't do it;.... the upfront cost is too high due to no one..."
- "I think the article you linked examined the other conditional. The authors statement examines P(Party..."
- "The comment section proves the author's point. It is always amazing to see how far the left's confirmation..."
- "What is funny about that; 8 years ago when we started, the denial community said global warming..."
- One of the world's rarest large cats, the Saharan cheetah, caught on film!
- Hot spots mapped: Arsenic taints many U.S. wells
- Copy number variations: Sequencing genetic duplications could aid clinical interpretation
- Study analyzes Internet, mobile and video game effects on young users
- The source of gypsum in the longest cave system in the world