The Indiana Jones movies are good when they have some basis in real stuff - like Nazis and the Ark of the Covenant in "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" and Templars and...well, Nazis again...in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".
When Steven Spielberg ventured into fake temples and 1950s alien hokum, we got movies better left to AFI members to have to endure. So for Indiana Jones 5, he should throw out whatever bad idea he is working on and read about Qin Shi Huang's tomb. The first emperor of China created a courtyard-style palace tomb inside a 22-square-mile mortuary compound guarded by more than 6,000 full-size statues of warriors, musicians and acrobats.
The buried palace measures 2,263 by 820 feet and includes 18 courtyard houses overlooked by a main building. That's 6,003,490 cubic feet, one fourth the size of the Forbidden City in Beijing, for just one tomb.
So what is the problem? Start exploring. Chinese archaeologists are more of the modern 'we don't dig' kind than the Indiana Jones adventurer myth; and they believe his burial place is full of deadly traps that will kill any trespassers. Not to talk about deadly quantities of mercury.
Archaeologists Think Hidden Imperial Tomb May Be Too Deadly to Explore by Jesus Diaz, Gizmodo.com
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Thou Shalt Have One Higgs - $100 Bet Won !
- FDA Stiffs Go Soft On Pink Viagra
- Could Astronauts In The ISS Get All Their Oxygen & Food From Algae & Plants?
- Breast Cancer Study Misunderstood By Its Authors
- Stem Cell Research Informed Consent: What To Know
- A Historical Moment For Diabetes
- The Spread Of Life Among The Stars
- "Bottom line is any drug with fluoride in it should be black boxed and restricted to life and death..."
- "I agree. No need to bet to enjoy the race, whatever time it takes. I do hope that the LHC experimenters..."
- "LOL! I laughed so hard at this article! This was before its time- love it. I am the Celiac who..."
- "Hi Tony,let me just say that I do hope your model is correct!!!And after all we don't need to go..."
- "The primary and first blood glucose test is the HbA1C test, as you surely must knowI surely know..."
- Goth teens more vulnerable to depression and self-harm
- 15 percent of cigarettes sold in NYC have illegal tax stamps
- Humans may be harmed by endocrine disrupting chemicals released during fracking, according to review
- Infliximab biosimilar approved in Australia - lower cost is great, but questions about safety remain
- The radiationless revolution in electromagnetics
Books By Writers Here