A cave in the Annamite Mountains of Viet Nam contains a river and jungle and is large enough, in spots, to hold a skyscraper.
Hang Son Doong Cave is part of a network of about 150 caves in central Vietnam near the Laotian border. The husband and wife team of Howard and Deb Limbert first discovered it in 2009 but only recently returned to scale a huge calcite wall and try to find the cavern's end.
See the details at National Geographic along with an interactive graphic of the river cave and its path.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Hubble Spots Europa Geysers Again - How They Did It - And What Next? Flyby? Lander?
- Simple Saliva Test To Diagnose Asthma
- Petition To Youtube To Halt Ads On Doomsday Videos - They Make The Vulnerable Suicidal
- Wait, Let's Not Be In Such A Rush To Go Multiplanetary Or Interstellar - A Comment On Elon Musk's Vision
- Why Psychology Lost Its Soul - Science Replaced It
- A Book By Guido Tonelli
- Global Warming Has Made Global Warming Harder To Show
- "hey mr walker this is history of nibiru it's over. now let´s make these sensationalist sites not..."
- "Yes, it is made up by people who don't understand basic ideas in astronomy and must have flunked..."
- "Yes, but you can argue the other way. It is not real and can't be real, because it's impossible..."
- "and the story of nibiru ?? It is fake?..."
- "So were is nibiru then Mr walker its not here at the minute but that does not mean its not coming..."
- Littlest Consumers Doing Well, Nutrition-wise
- Herpes Vaccine Update: Exciting News, But Don't Throw Away the Condoms Just Yet
- Ben & Jerry’s Asks Us to Take Big Lick of Fear & Hype
- A Cocktail of Wild Viruses Treats Bacterial Wound Infections in Mice
- The Scientific Advisors at Theranos Won't (or Can't) Talk
- Suppressing Coughs at Tonight's Presidential Debate
About Us | <