So Coca-Cola and Pepsi Cola both introduced new ad campaigns. Pepsi went the traditional route (i.e. boring) once again and signed another fit superstar to sing about how awesome their soda is.
Thanks, Beyoncé, it's all been done, but I am thrilled you got $50 million to endorse it.
Credit and link: GQ Magazine
Coke did something really weird, for being supposedly an evil, mercenary, Big Corporation bent on exploiting children at all costs - they addressed the claims about soda and obesity in their ads.
Perpetual wet blanket Marion Nestle, who basically can find nothing right in anything any successful food company does, criticized that too. It's good to be in academia, where you never have to build anything but can just ridicule people who do stuff, and insist a beverage company should just fall on the sword. And if beverage companies commit this cultural seppuku and obesity does not go down, well, self-proclaimed experts just move on to something else.
Look, calories count. In a daily reasonable amount of calories, lots of companies are going to compete for that budget - contending that soda companies have an unnatural hold on children means we have to not expose them to anything. Not political ads, not news, not movies that have kissing or any violence or anything at all.
How Coke Beat Pepsi in the New Cola Ad War by Sarah Stodola, The Fiscal Times
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Who Is Trying To Destroy The Internet?
- Debunking: A President Of The US Could Order A Nuclear Attack At A Moments Notice On A Whim
- A Dimuon Particle At 30 GeV In ALEPH ??
- Moon Science Surprises - More Interesting For Human Exploration Than A Boulder Plucked From An Asteroid?
- DDoS War: How Zombie Fridges Bit The Internet In The a$$ Today.
- President Obama, Why Humans On Mars Right Now Are Bad For Science
- Hearing Voices Again? It's More Common Than You Think
- "Ffs of course its bloody real i dont get why people put things like well if it was real we would..."
- "Because your hundreds of thousands who read these things are scientifically illiterate and buy..."
- "Hi, thank you for an interesting read, Sorry for the (surely) naive question. You have remarked..."
- "Personally i think if nibiru was that easy to debunk then nobody would believe in it but saying..."
- "Every bit of Lunar trash will have cost thousands of dollars per kg to ship. Even at the beginning..."
- To Avoid Adult Dysfunction Start 'IN UTERO'
- ACSH Medical Director Named One Of America's Top Pediatricians, We're In The Economist, And More
- The Math of Hunting and Fishing: When to Work Together
- Placebo: Bubbles Of Nothing Are Still Not Something
- People Who Take Drugs May Be Likelier to Commit Suicide
- Improved 'Screen Time' Guidelines Could Make Parents & Kids Happier