The anti-Occupy Wall Street movement, styling themselves Occupy Occupy D.C., held a rally today at Freedom Plaza to call for a “Cease Fire in Obama's War on Nature.” They came out today to protest “the Obama Administration's new policy to kill the barred owl in deference to the spotted owl in the Pacific Northwest.”
If that makes no sense, welcome to politics. If you've never witnessed taxpayer money being spent on lawyers to get around the federal Wilderness Act law in order to comply with the federal Endangered Species Act, you have not been around for long.
The latest goofiness is because of the Obama administration's plans to start shooting barred owls to protect the northern spotted owl - the pesky bird that killed logging in the Pacific Northwest two decades ago and led to massive wildfires while government lawyers spent taxpayer money in court against other government lawyers over the right to clear brush and dead trees.
"Obama has picked winners and losers when it comes to bailouts, handouts and where we can get our energy. Now he's playing God by favoring one animal over another. What arrogance," said
the director of the Occupy Occupy D.C. movement, David Almasi.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- "Mr Walker, You are touching one of my favorite subjects: Mankind's priorities! As a species we..."
- "Hi Charles, yes I agree, indeed I think that is happening already, that it distracts people away..."
- "Hi Mr Walker, I would like to thank you for the effort you are putting into this topic. I love..."
- "Okay... the second one is tricky so you should think at what are the conditions for a distribution..."
- "Since the decay law is an exponential, you need 2 measurements to fit it and get the lifetime...."
- Our Nervous System: When It Comes To Behavior, Is It A Democracy Or Dictatorship?
- Netflix Linked To Cancer
- The Ancient Chinese Secret For Removing Age Spots May Be Mercury
- A Closer Look At Dementia — Beyond the Memory Loss
- Solve Global Warming By Putting A Carbon Tax On…Meat?
- Significant Pain Significantly Increases Risk of Opioid Addiction
- Chemical etching method helps transistors stand tall
- Measure of age in soil nitrogen could help precision agriculture
- Effectiveness of the WHO cancer pain relief guidelines published by Dove Medical Press
- Hospital data helps predict risk of pneumonia after heart surgery
- New University of Montana study quantifies morel mushroom abundance after wildfire