A dedicated vegan has to make a difficult choice.
She realizes, as most culturally neutral people knew, that nutrition is a shockingly inexact science and that the human body may react to a strict vegan style for one person but moralizing and posturing that therefore everyone else is unethical if they aren't vegan is not an evidence-based claim, it is simply one of good fortune that they don't get sick.
She isn't going all Texas barbecue about it, just eating a small bit of fish or an egg each day to achieve a little more balance than she had before, but says both her spirits and her physical health are better.
It's a cautionary tale. By all means, try it, but if it is not working for you don't suffer 3.5 years under the artificial notion that's it's 'wrong' to eat animals. Humans evolved to process nutrients a certain way and, sure, there is variation among individuals, but anyone insisting their way is the only way is probably selling you something.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Quantum mechanics in 1834?
- Why This New "Planet X" Is No Threat To Earth :).
- Would New Planet X Clear Its Orbit? - And Any Better Name Than "Planet Nine"?
- The Greenhouse Effect Fallacy
- Top Secret: On Confidentiality On Scientific Issues, Across The Ring And Across The Bedroom
- Native Americans Aren't More Prone To Alcoholism
- Double Dose Of Bad Earthquake News
- "There are over a hundred cancers and since the primary cause is mutation, managing it is the best..."
- "I'm not sure whether we have less cancer than ever, but yes, it is much more manageable these days..."
- "My sloppiness. That’s a good point; it should read net energy retention in the system. Thanks...."
- "Agree with most of what you say, except for the phraseIt’s things like that which cause the confusion..."
- "The percentage of CO2 in the atm is irrelevant; it is the total mass of a given gas in the atm..."
- It’s Fat Tuesday! Have a paczki!
- Giving C-Section Babies Mom’s Germs to Improve Immunity
- California to Follow UK Lead on Embryonic Gene Editing
- (Most) Docs Listening To Task Force Recs Against PSAs: Not Urologists Though
- Spice of Life Can, Literally, Lead to Longer Life
- Keeping Babies Safe from ‘Tourniquet’ Hair
- Scientists discover how breast cancer cells spread from blood vessels
- Alleviating malnutrition in children in resource-limited and conflict areas
- In autism, the social benefits of being a girl
- New guideline for treatment of prolonged seizures in children and adults
- Eye abnormalities in infants with microcephaly associated with Zika virus