Nothing says celebrating athletic perfection like a McDonald's hamburger.
Actually, elite athletes likely can eat all the hamburgers they want but you get the idea - a McDonald's, nay the world's largest McDonald's, at the site dedicated to athletic excellence is pretty funny.
But Brits are nothing if not funny. And so they get a 3,000-square-meter McDonald's restaurant, on two floors and equivalent to half the length of an American football field.
Olympic chiefs have moved quickly to reject claims that the new McDonald's will deter from aims to promote a healthy and active lifestyle, which London chiefs have been pushing since winning the Olympic bid.
Agreed, McDonald's in in the junk food business, they don't make anyone buy it nor do they make parents buy it for their kids. Big brother government like San Francisco banning Happy Meals is the antithesis of a liberal society. Before you go into faux outrage at the idea, keep in mind the London Olympics will be the ninth consecutive games where McDonald's has acted as the event's official restaurant and the only branded food service retailer feeding the athletes.
And athletes have only gotten better in that time.
Oh the irony! World's biggest McDonald's to open... on the OLYMPICS site - Daily Mail
World's biggest McDonald's to open on 2012 Olympics site
- Hamburglar Robble Robble's McDonald's Database, Steals Tasty Email Addresses
- Bans Not Needed: Kids Will Eat Happy Meals No Matter How Many Calories Are In It
- Caperea Marginata Is 'Living Fossil' Of Family That Disappeared Two Million Years Ago
- Eat McDonald's Every Day, Lose Weight
- The McRib Returns- Enjoy It For Four Days Prior To The Apocalypse