Nothing says celebrating athletic perfection like a McDonald's hamburger.
Actually, elite athletes likely can eat all the hamburgers they want but you get the idea - a McDonald's, nay the world's largest McDonald's, at the site dedicated to athletic excellence is pretty funny.
But Brits are nothing if not funny. And so they get a 3,000-square-meter McDonald's restaurant, on two floors and equivalent to half the length of an American football field.
Olympic chiefs have moved quickly to reject claims that the new McDonald's will deter from aims to promote a healthy and active lifestyle, which London chiefs have been pushing since winning the Olympic bid.
Agreed, McDonald's in in the junk food business, they don't make anyone buy it nor do they make parents buy it for their kids. Big brother government like San Francisco banning Happy Meals is the antithesis of a liberal society. Before you go into faux outrage at the idea, keep in mind the London Olympics will be the ninth consecutive games where McDonald's has acted as the event's official restaurant and the only branded food service retailer feeding the athletes.
And athletes have only gotten better in that time.
Oh the irony! World's biggest McDonald's to open... on the OLYMPICS site - Daily Mail
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Future Transatlantic Flight Delays Blamed On Global Warming
- Quantum mechanics in 1834?
- Using DNA To Fight Fabric Fraud
- Horses Can Read Human Emotions
- Why This New "Planet X" Is No Threat To Earth :).
- Crystal 'Sunstones' - How The Vikings Discovered America?
- The Nullarbor Plain's Ancient Forests Revealed
- "Does the emitted photon from carbon dioxide have EXACTLY the same wavelength as the absorbed photon..."
- " from: http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/12/02/history-falsifies-climate-alarmist-sea-level-claims/..."
- "Thanks, didn't know about those. But it could also be a shower of hail stones, using the wikipedia..."
- "Are you saying that the sea level data are wrong? I'm just quoting it. If so, please note your data...."
- "For a good place to start, concerning causality as it relates to physics and the mathematics of..."
- Native grass could be key to super-thin condoms
- Teaching neurons to respond to placebos as potential treatment for Parkinson's
- Fall in one-to-one nursing care of very sick newborns linked to higher death rate
- Starfish reveal the origins of brain messenger molecules
- Horses can read human emotions, University of Sussex research shows