Nothing says celebrating athletic perfection like a McDonald's hamburger.
Actually, elite athletes likely can eat all the hamburgers they want but you get the idea - a McDonald's, nay the world's largest McDonald's, at the site dedicated to athletic excellence is pretty funny.
But Brits are nothing if not funny. And so they get a 3,000-square-meter McDonald's restaurant, on two floors and equivalent to half the length of an American football field.
Olympic chiefs have moved quickly to reject claims that the new McDonald's will deter from aims to promote a healthy and active lifestyle, which London chiefs have been pushing since winning the Olympic bid.
Agreed, McDonald's in in the junk food business, they don't make anyone buy it nor do they make parents buy it for their kids. Big brother government like San Francisco banning Happy Meals is the antithesis of a liberal society. Before you go into faux outrage at the idea, keep in mind the London Olympics will be the ninth consecutive games where McDonald's has acted as the event's official restaurant and the only branded food service retailer feeding the athletes.
And athletes have only gotten better in that time.
Oh the irony! World's biggest McDonald's to open... on the OLYMPICS site - Daily Mail
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- President Obama, Why Humans On Mars Right Now Are Bad For Science
- EPA Again Delays Report On Safety Of Glyphosate
- IPhone Lab Detects Cancer, May Lead To Instant Diagnosis
- Nitrate-Reducing Microbes Linked To Migraine Headaches
- Physics Outreach With Music
- Following Speech In Background Noise - The Problem May Not Be Your Ears
- Soil Moisture Could Help Predict 'Flash Droughts'
- "Tom, yes I understand. I know that you are anxious. Just to say, I am not always able to reply..."
- "Do you understand mr walker why im asking these sorts of questions dont no if u received my last..."
- "Oh, sounds as if you meant to post to my article: Petition To Youtube To Halt Ads On Doomsday Videos..."
- "Ok im going to reason with you hear the reason i ask is because i have trust issues and on this..."
- "Astronomers don't say it's real. The Nibiru people cite articles that are talking about different..."