Nothing says celebrating athletic perfection like a McDonald's hamburger.
Actually, elite athletes likely can eat all the hamburgers they want but you get the idea - a McDonald's, nay the world's largest McDonald's, at the site dedicated to athletic excellence is pretty funny.
But Brits are nothing if not funny. And so they get a 3,000-square-meter McDonald's restaurant, on two floors and equivalent to half the length of an American football field.
Olympic chiefs have moved quickly to reject claims that the new McDonald's will deter from aims to promote a healthy and active lifestyle, which London chiefs have been pushing since winning the Olympic bid.
Agreed, McDonald's in in the junk food business, they don't make anyone buy it nor do they make parents buy it for their kids. Big brother government like San Francisco banning Happy Meals is the antithesis of a liberal society. Before you go into faux outrage at the idea, keep in mind the London Olympics will be the ninth consecutive games where McDonald's has acted as the event's official restaurant and the only branded food service retailer feeding the athletes.
And athletes have only gotten better in that time.
Oh the irony! World's biggest McDonald's to open... on the OLYMPICS site - Daily Mail
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- How Zika Infects The Placenta
- Music For The Eyes
- Making Or Breaking Habits: The Endocannabinoids Can Do It
- Scientists Discover How Supermassive Black Holes Keep Galaxies Turned Off
- Genomic Study Tracks African-American Dispersal In The Great Migration
- B0 Meson Lifetime Difference Measured By ATLAS
- Schrödinger's Cat Is Not Just Alive And Dead, He's Both In 2 Places At Once
- "Yes, agreed, nice way of putting it. Though a rather interesting garage that's full of treasures..."
- "Oh, okay, sorry about that. Likewise for yourself. ..."
- "Four paragraphs in I hit delete. I'm just going to wish you the best in all things...."
- "Oh rightio. I should add something about that as background for those who haven't come across the..."
- "Okay. Read it. Liked about half The part I found most startling was the meaning of the phrase,..."