Nothing says celebrating athletic perfection like a McDonald's hamburger.
Actually, elite athletes likely can eat all the hamburgers they want but you get the idea - a McDonald's, nay the world's largest McDonald's, at the site dedicated to athletic excellence is pretty funny.
But Brits are nothing if not funny. And so they get a 3,000-square-meter McDonald's restaurant, on two floors and equivalent to half the length of an American football field.
Olympic chiefs have moved quickly to reject claims that the new McDonald's will deter from aims to promote a healthy and active lifestyle, which London chiefs have been pushing since winning the Olympic bid.
Agreed, McDonald's in in the junk food business, they don't make anyone buy it nor do they make parents buy it for their kids. Big brother government like San Francisco banning Happy Meals is the antithesis of a liberal society. Before you go into faux outrage at the idea, keep in mind the London Olympics will be the ninth consecutive games where McDonald's has acted as the event's official restaurant and the only branded food service retailer feeding the athletes.
And athletes have only gotten better in that time.
Oh the irony! World's biggest McDonald's to open... on the OLYMPICS site - Daily Mail
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Mystery Of Morgellons - Disease Or Delusion - Scientific Hypothesis Of Connection With Lyme Disease
- Highest Energy Collisions ? Not In My Book
- Environmentalism Win: DuPont Pioneer Creates Unemployed People In Kaua'i
- Bang !! 13 TeV - The Highest Energy Ever Achieved By Mankind ?!
- Include Men In Osteoporosis Screening Guidelines
- Risk Management Turned Upside Down
- Nuclear Power Isn't Really Zero-emission, But Neither Is Anything Else
- "Consumers may not like what they get in return for the removal of artificial dyes. Starbucks used..."
- "A good way to start thinking about it properly would be to ask what is a daily decent energy consumption..."
- "Your understanding overwhelms me. Yes, I would like anyone and everyone to truly feel the horror..."
- "Thanks for sharing Marcelle. It sounds awful, and while researching this I found many stories of..."
- "Yes, obviously BDD is not Morgellons, apart from anything else it is a disease of feet, mainly..."
- Deciphering clues to prehistoric climate changes locked in cave deposits
- Vaccines developed for H5N1, H7N9 avian influenza strains
- European Medicines Agency recommends full approval of ibrutinib to treat Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia
- In Northern Ireland, sectarianism has become sextarianism
- RegeneRx Phase II Dry Eye Trial results