Nothing says celebrating athletic perfection like a McDonald's hamburger.
Actually, elite athletes likely can eat all the hamburgers they want but you get the idea - a McDonald's, nay the world's largest McDonald's, at the site dedicated to athletic excellence is pretty funny.
But Brits are nothing if not funny. And so they get a 3,000-square-meter McDonald's restaurant, on two floors and equivalent to half the length of an American football field.
Olympic chiefs have moved quickly to reject claims that the new McDonald's will deter from aims to promote a healthy and active lifestyle, which London chiefs have been pushing since winning the Olympic bid.
Agreed, McDonald's in in the junk food business, they don't make anyone buy it nor do they make parents buy it for their kids. Big brother government like San Francisco banning Happy Meals is the antithesis of a liberal society. Before you go into faux outrage at the idea, keep in mind the London Olympics will be the ninth consecutive games where McDonald's has acted as the event's official restaurant and the only branded food service retailer feeding the athletes.
And athletes have only gotten better in that time.
Oh the irony! World's biggest McDonald's to open... on the OLYMPICS site - Daily Mail
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- 2004 BL86 - 'Near Miss' Asteroid Even Has Its Own Moon
- Reviews In Physics - A New Journal
- Drug Culture: Those “Poppers” Might Not Be What You Think
- Planet With Rings Found Outside Solar System - And They Are Bigger Than Saturn
- Wiggles: Inconsistencies Undermine Model Reliability For Projecting Decade-To-Decade Warming
- If Abortion Is A Choice Then Sex Selection Abortion Should Remain Legal
- Age-related Macular Degeneration: Blindness Linked To Calcium Deposits In The Eye
- "Hello Sven,good questions. Let me give you some possible answers below.1 - the main advantage of..."
- "so boring. we've all heard this already. back to your intermediate level culture studies class..."
- "For what it’s worth, my impression is that here in Britain it is very much a local argument,..."
- "Wow Tommaso that sounds like a real challenge. Starting a new journal isn't easy at all especially..."
- "With increasing amount of information collected the contemporary physics needs to move from specialized..."
- Breast cancer will soon be only the second most common deadly tumor for EU women
- Notch signaling: How cancer turns good cells to the dark side
- Flexible work schedules improve health and sleep for employees
- How to create a scientific process freed from systemic bias
- How to jump-start ecosystem restoration after oil-gas development