While one can't reasonably assume all corporations are corrupt, it is little wonder why so many people are adopting a much more cynical attitude.
HSBC got their hand slapped. Of course, none of those responsible were charged with anything.
AIG ex-CEO manages to reflect its disdain for tax payers (1).
As I said, one can't simply reflect results like this on all corporations, but one thing is becoming increasingly clear. If you are wealthy, or simply "too big to fail", then there are no legal repercussions, nor penalties. Whoever said that "no one is above the law"?
Of course, let's not overlook our pharmaceutical friends (2).
On the lighter side, one can always consider the mass idiocy in rejecting something that is free.
For those counting on the media to keep track of this, we have the "new skepticism".
Welcome to the new oligarchy.
(1) Note, in fairness, while AIG was considering joining the suit filed by the ex-CEO, they apparently thought better of it.
(2) Original article link
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- #GAMERGATE Style Harassment Does Not Happen in the Male Dominated Sciences
- Climate Change: It’s Only Human To Exaggerate, But Science Itself Does Not
- From Mindless Physics To Physics Of Mind
- Should First Responders Use Acupuncture And Hypnosis During Disasters?
- 24 hours with Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3
- How Mitochondria Began - Parasitic Coevolution Gets A New Wrinkle
- Not All Fat Is Equal: Amping Up Adenosine May Melt 'Love Handles'
- "This kind of nonsense is what I am not a fan of - unfortunately, because hypnosis works so infrequently..."
- "It's because scientists don't completely cram their lectures full of politics, blacklist people..."
- "Hank I found this link on Facebook and I see on your about me page you have written a book well..."
- "No correlation? 8 of the 10 wealthiest counties voted for the president in 2008 and 2012. And they..."
- "You think this bothers me? Both gamergate and anti-gamergate supporters are behaving in immature..."
- Natural Resources Defense Council sues EPA to block rollout of Dow Enlist Duo GMO system
- Enviros file suit to block new Dow AgroSciences GMO herbicide and seeds
- Couples can protect children from devastating mutations with new IVF methods
- Food 2.0: Will farmers be able to meet the ecological challenges ahead?
- General Mills’ Cascadian Farm launches ‘bee-friendly’ campaign, GMO critics unimpressed
- Can genes pass from genetically modified food into our blood, posing dangers?
- Study shows medication is frequently, unintentionally given incorrectly to young children
- Mummy remains refute antiquity of ankylosing spondylitis
- Scientists say national Alzheimer's plan milestones must be strengthened to meet goal by 2025
- Head injury causes the immune system to attack the brain
- Viagra protects the heart beyond the bedroom