While one can't reasonably assume all corporations are corrupt, it is little wonder why so many people are adopting a much more cynical attitude.
HSBC got their hand slapped. Of course, none of those responsible were charged with anything.
AIG ex-CEO manages to reflect its disdain for tax payers (1).
As I said, one can't simply reflect results like this on all corporations, but one thing is becoming increasingly clear. If you are wealthy, or simply "too big to fail", then there are no legal repercussions, nor penalties. Whoever said that "no one is above the law"?
Of course, let's not overlook our pharmaceutical friends (2).
On the lighter side, one can always consider the mass idiocy in rejecting something that is free.
For those counting on the media to keep track of this, we have the "new skepticism".
Welcome to the new oligarchy.
(1) Note, in fairness, while AIG was considering joining the suit filed by the ex-CEO, they apparently thought better of it.
(2) Original article link
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- A Statistics Session At A Particle Physics Conference ?
- Beekeepers Can Be Hazardous To Bees
- Crossref To Accept Preprints In Change To Long-standing Policy
- Young Bisexual Women More Susceptible To Depression
- Wildlife Loss In Tropical Forests Is Bad News For Everyone
- The Number Of My Publications Has Four Digits
- The Venus Flytrap: From Prey To Predator
- "It could also be worth mentioning the eBook version is available for a 7 day free trial on Amazon..."
- "And BTW, I'll look forward to reading the book anyway. Always good to stay current. Scott...."
- "Truly astonishing. Honestly. my background was originally astrophysics but morphed into other fields..."
- "We seem to be getting numerous studies each year that say the same thing - that red meat and processed..."
- " Seems there's a repeating effect in this; if you feed something it grows and when once you start..."
- Blood analyses may predict risk of delirium in older surgical patients
- Design tool enables novices to create bendable input devices for computers
- DMP 'rheumatoid arthritis': Guidelines cover important health care aspects
- Australian swift parrot listed as critically endangered
- Does the moon affect our mood or actions?