While one can't reasonably assume all corporations are corrupt, it is little wonder why so many people are adopting a much more cynical attitude.
HSBC got their hand slapped. Of course, none of those responsible were charged with anything.
AIG ex-CEO manages to reflect its disdain for tax payers (1).
As I said, one can't simply reflect results like this on all corporations, but one thing is becoming increasingly clear. If you are wealthy, or simply "too big to fail", then there are no legal repercussions, nor penalties. Whoever said that "no one is above the law"?
Of course, let's not overlook our pharmaceutical friends (2).
On the lighter side, one can always consider the mass idiocy in rejecting something that is free.
For those counting on the media to keep track of this, we have the "new skepticism".
Welcome to the new oligarchy.
(1) Note, in fairness, while AIG was considering joining the suit filed by the ex-CEO, they apparently thought better of it.
(2) Original article link
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Chess is Smart and Sexy! The Mysterious Psychology of Chess Intelligence 2/3
- Adolescent Obesity Linked To Permanent Bone Loss
- Jena's Roots In The Tree Of Life
- Immersive 3-D VR Visualizations Of Unborn Babies
- Russian scientists increase DVD storage capacity million times
- Diabetes Plus Smoking Is Double The Deadly
- Time, Wittgenstein And Language Scaffolding
- "Thank you, Patrick..."
- "I was an avid reader of sci-fi and of non-fiction books about space exploration. I may have..."
- "I imagine a conversation something like this -Space agency executive: OK, John, we want you to..."
- "Vaughn A: thanks for your contribution.This swap-over effect was predicted back in about 1958. ..."
- "Emmanuel: if you use Microsoft Word to write an article, then copy it into science 2.0 like..."
- Abortion Rate in U.S. Falls 21% in One Decade
- Child Mummy May Change Timeline for Smallpox
- On Proposed Tanning Bed Ban for Teens, New Study Urges FDA to Act
- It’s Not Brain Surgery, But do you Know What is? Brain Surgery!
- A Possible Antidote for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Surgeon General Declares War on E-Cigarettes But Not Marijuana, Hookah