While one can't reasonably assume all corporations are corrupt, it is little wonder why so many people are adopting a much more cynical attitude.
HSBC got their hand slapped. Of course, none of those responsible were charged with anything.
AIG ex-CEO manages to reflect its disdain for tax payers (1).
As I said, one can't simply reflect results like this on all corporations, but one thing is becoming increasingly clear. If you are wealthy, or simply "too big to fail", then there are no legal repercussions, nor penalties. Whoever said that "no one is above the law"?
Of course, let's not overlook our pharmaceutical friends (2).
On the lighter side, one can always consider the mass idiocy in rejecting something that is free.
For those counting on the media to keep track of this, we have the "new skepticism".
Welcome to the new oligarchy.
(1) Note, in fairness, while AIG was considering joining the suit filed by the ex-CEO, they apparently thought better of it.
(2) Original article link
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Case For Moon: Gateway For Open Ended Exploration, With Planetary Protection Central - On The SpaceShow
- Sweet Irony: The Environmental Impacts Of GMO Sugar Science Denial
- The Real Cost Of Milk
- Why We Get Tired When We Stay Up Too Late
- We’re Not In Europe Any More: BfR Statement On EDCs Embraces The Risk-Based Approach
- Can't Resist Temptation? That May Not Be A Bad Thing
- When It Comes To Replicating Psychology Studies, Good Luck
- "Okay, that may be true, but we never hear from them. Instead we hear from Environmental Working..."
- "You lost me at: Environmental groups, who ordinarily love centralized government and social authoritarian..."
- "Mi Cro, I happened upon your global temperature charts recently, and want to be sure I understand..."
- "You make good points. I thank you for them. I am enjoying reading your work. I agree that asteroid..."
- "Oh, okay, glad you aren't worried about little asteroids. Yes I agree, I haven't come across that..."
- Ketamine Better than Haloperidol for Sedation Onset But Not Much Else
- TIps & Tricks To Ward Off Ticks
- What is CRISPR-Cas9 and why do we need to know about it?
- Pancreatic Cancer: Surgery Improves Survival in One-third
- Intervention Decreases Adolescents’ Obesity
- What Organic and Chemical Actually Mean: A Glossary of Hijacked Terms
- Science instruments of NASA's James Webb Space Telescope successfully installed
- Tiny wasp sniffs out, picks up 'good vibrations' to battle ash borer
- Abundance inequality in freshwater communities has an ecological origin
- Family size and education levels: The right support could reverse long-held theory
- New water-quality data on impact of corn, soybeans on nitrate in Iowa streams