While one can't reasonably assume all corporations are corrupt, it is little wonder why so many people are adopting a much more cynical attitude.
HSBC got their hand slapped. Of course, none of those responsible were charged with anything.
AIG ex-CEO manages to reflect its disdain for tax payers (1).
As I said, one can't simply reflect results like this on all corporations, but one thing is becoming increasingly clear. If you are wealthy, or simply "too big to fail", then there are no legal repercussions, nor penalties. Whoever said that "no one is above the law"?
Of course, let's not overlook our pharmaceutical friends (2).
On the lighter side, one can always consider the mass idiocy in rejecting something that is free.
For those counting on the media to keep track of this, we have the "new skepticism".
Welcome to the new oligarchy.
(1) Note, in fairness, while AIG was considering joining the suit filed by the ex-CEO, they apparently thought better of it.
(2) Original article link
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Part I: Bee Deaths Mystery Solved? Neonicotinoids (Neonics) May Actually Help Bee Health
- Part II: Bee Deaths And CCD - Flawed Chensheng Lu Harvard Studies Endanger Bees
- Violence, Sex And Taboo: The Original Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales Back In Print
- Volunteer-Based Peer Review: A Success
- Bitcoin And Anonymity: User's Identity Can Be Revealed Much Easier Than Thought
- The BPA Paradox – Too Many Studies?
- Education: Stop New Age Thinking, Chalk And Talk Might Be The Best Way After All
- "I never thought of diminutive as having a positive or negative association. I often describe people's..."
- "For the most part, I found your article compelling. It reminded me of the time in graduate school..."
- "Indeed, my little experiment does not prove anything; it is not scalable. Not the $10, not the..."
- "Most students take it to battle tiredness and lack of focus, so they study a lot more on the drug..."
- "I am pleased your peer-review experiment worked so well! That is indeed a great example of how..."
- Endangered hammerhead shark found migrating into unprotected waters
- Female color perception affects evolution of male plumage in birds
- Diagnosing deafness early will help teenagers' reading development
- 'Utter neglect' of rheumatic heart disease revealed by results from global study
- Sweet-smelling breath to help diabetes diagnosis in children