While one can't reasonably assume all corporations are corrupt, it is little wonder why so many people are adopting a much more cynical attitude.
HSBC got their hand slapped. Of course, none of those responsible were charged with anything.
AIG ex-CEO manages to reflect its disdain for tax payers (1).
As I said, one can't simply reflect results like this on all corporations, but one thing is becoming increasingly clear. If you are wealthy, or simply "too big to fail", then there are no legal repercussions, nor penalties. Whoever said that "no one is above the law"?
Of course, let's not overlook our pharmaceutical friends (2).
On the lighter side, one can always consider the mass idiocy in rejecting something that is free.
For those counting on the media to keep track of this, we have the "new skepticism".
Welcome to the new oligarchy.
(1) Note, in fairness, while AIG was considering joining the suit filed by the ex-CEO, they apparently thought better of it.
(2) Original article link
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Researchers Created A Laser Bullet To See What It Would Look Like - And Here It Is
- The Strange Organic Molecules In Titan's Atmosphere
- Will Holding Thermal Printer Paper Really Send Your BPA Levels Soaring?
- How Gut Bacteria Ensure A Healthy Brain – and Could Play A Role In Treating Depression
- The Quote Of The Week - Shocked And Disappointed
- As The Weather Changes, So Do Beliefs About Climate Change
- Moderate Pot Use By Adolescents Doesn't Hurt IQ
- "So the people most qualified to help are working for free at night? I doubt that. Anyway, you objected..."
- "I see. One must have an expensive Mac to be able to use the software for free...."
- "Also, why do you assume a person seeking coverage needs to take off work? People in need of assistance..."
- "According to this article, the report was not about the accuracy of the website. It was a survey..."
- "Well how about you make some logically reasonable statements. My post was simply pointing out the..."
- US Ebola hysteria and money pit highlight lack of resources to confront diseases that kill far more people
- Addiction can be measured by epigenetics
- Coffee grounds turned biofuel can heat your home
- Bill and Melinda Gates on GMOs: ‘Poor farmers should not be denied choice of life-saving tools’
- Why do foodies love organics? Because they taste like McDonald’s!
- GMO milk? An enviros dream innovation that most enviros oppose
- Synthetic biology on ordinary paper, results off the page
- A gut bacterium that attacks dengue and malaria pathogens and their mosquito vectors
- Highest altitude ice age human occupation documented in Peruvian Andes
- TSRI chemists achieve new technique with profound implications for drug development
- Gene identified for immune system reset after infection