While one can't reasonably assume all corporations are corrupt, it is little wonder why so many people are adopting a much more cynical attitude.
HSBC got their hand slapped. Of course, none of those responsible were charged with anything.
AIG ex-CEO manages to reflect its disdain for tax payers (1).
As I said, one can't simply reflect results like this on all corporations, but one thing is becoming increasingly clear. If you are wealthy, or simply "too big to fail", then there are no legal repercussions, nor penalties. Whoever said that "no one is above the law"?
Of course, let's not overlook our pharmaceutical friends (2).
On the lighter side, one can always consider the mass idiocy in rejecting something that is free.
For those counting on the media to keep track of this, we have the "new skepticism".
Welcome to the new oligarchy.
(1) Note, in fairness, while AIG was considering joining the suit filed by the ex-CEO, they apparently thought better of it.
(2) Original article link
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Radical Rethink: Sugars Are The Only Cause Of Tooth Decay
- Life After The 125 GeV Higgs: What Is Left Of Two-Higgs Doublet Models
- Being Too Analytical Could Push Ethics Out The Door
- It's Almost 2015 - So Where Is My Hoverboard?
- Rapidly Evolving Lizards Show How Some Creatures Can Adapt To Beat Climate Change
- Drugs For Mild Hypertension In Low Risk People Questioned
- Keytruda: FDA Approves Melanoma Drug That Uses Immune System To Fight Cancer
- "Hi Luis,thanks for the quote. Of course we are looking in every corner of phase space... Cheers,T...."
- "Hello Tony,of course ATLAS and CMS are looking for new Higgs states in that mass region and..."
- "Dear Inventor,it is not a generalization, it is the necessary result of the introduction of the..."
- "I doubt she read it far enough to see the details of the proposal. You are welcome to recommend..."
- "I do hope Hontas actually read your proposal (bet) before deleting it, since I truly hope she takes..."
- Imaging identifies asymptomatic people at risk for stroke
- Researchers debunk myth about Parkinson's disease
- Dental and nutrition experts call for radical rethink on free sugars intake
- Study shows consumption of high-fat dairy products is associated with a lower risk of developing diabetes
- Study adds to cancer-fighting promise of combined immunotherapy-radiation treatment