Out of 2.5 millions to 3.5 million plnats and microbe species ihabiting our earth all life depends hardly on 250 plants out of which only 40 are important. Out of this list only 10 plants make staple food including wheat rice, maize, soybean and some more. Although vedic literature lists 4000 plants of medicinal value but how many are documented in proper manner. Human life depends on almost 40 to 50 plants for its food and another 40 to 50 plants for its oil . If these plants become susceptible to some disease or vanish from earth can man survive. I cant even imagine life without eating bread made of wheat or some cant live without eating rice . Now plants interdepend on each other for life as man depends on other organisms for its life. If human gut will will not have mircroflora I dont know what will happen in medical terms but our body has useful microorganisms . Likewise plants also need microorganisms for their life. If some plants become extinct the mircorbial life supported by them will also go. Nature maintains a balance of power between all organisms Producers and consumers etc . If plants are getting extinct at a very fast rate though it may take million year or 100 million or only 100 year when the balance of nature can go out of control and this can lead to extinction of biological species getting accelerated. Human beings are also one of the nature biological species and part of ecysystem. He is a part of it and not master of it Plants are primary masters of and control all life on earth Choice is yours .
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Global 'Roadmap' Shows Where To Put Roads Without Costing The Earth
- Aconite: Chinese Herbal Medicine Turns Deadly
- Wild Nights Of The Canaanites Revealed By Massive Wine Cellar Discovery
- Schrödinger's Picture: Researchers Take An Image Without Ever Detecting Light
- Old Dope, New Tricks: The New Science Of Medical Cannabis
- Ignore The IQ Test: Your Level Of Intelligence Is Not Fixed For Life
- In Higher Education, Quality Is In The Eye Of The Beholder
- "Well, now we just have to solve the prescription drug deaths issue...."
- "I got your email. I'm not entirely sure why you told me all that. As I said before to LFB, titles..."
- "Thanks Anonymous you have provided one of the best arguments to any one of my comments on this..."
- "Just blew the dust of a well respected Modern Physics text: ... neuclear p-p [proton-proton] potential..."
- "Thanks, good article but... Without looking too much into the particulars of this article, (namely..."
- Real tremors, or drug-seeking patient? New app can tell
- Socioeconomic status and gender are associated with differences in cholesterol levels
- Some women still don't underststand 'overdiagnosis' risk in breast screening
- High dietary salt may worsen multiple sclerosis symptoms
- Plain cigarette packs don't hurt small retailers or boost trade in illicit tobacco