Swissnex San Francisco, the annex of the Consulate General of Switzerland in San Francisco devoted to connecting Switzerland and North America in science, education, art, and innovation, is having a program called Hunting for the Higgs boson on Nov. 7th, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM.
Former ATLAS press liason Dr. Peter Jenni and professor Abrahan Seiden of UC Santa Cruz will discuss particle physics and the search for the Higgs mass. Afterward, 7 physicists from LBNL will be on hand imbibing "Higgs cocktails" (composition apparently unknown, but they know what it weighs) and answering questions in an 'Ask the Scientist' format - which means, while drinking.
Free for students and if you are in Frisco and want to attend, schmooze them for the code I would use to attend gratis, since I can't attend this time. Register here.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Germany Versus Science, Round Two
- Superconduction With Stinks — A New Temperature Record
- Cannabis Use May Influence Brain Maturation In Young Males
- Bel's Temple in Palmyra Is No More
- Innate GMO Potato Deregulated By USDA
- An Historical Moment For Diabetes
- When It Comes Tobacco Beliefs, What You Don't Know Can Kill You Sooner
- "Tommaso, I think that you are mistaken in your comment. The temple ruins had outlived billions..."
- "Can light contain dark in a circle or can dark contain light in a circle?Read below why this may..."
- "The risk of different of energy of electron is of serious health risk for Dirac and matter energy..."
- "Thanks. Unfortunately, it works. The Washington Post bought this big time. It's just about impossible..."
- "Great article. Junk science seems to be at an all-time high with so many just looking to make headline..."