Swissnex San Francisco, the annex of the Consulate General of Switzerland in San Francisco devoted to connecting Switzerland and North America in science, education, art, and innovation, is having a program called Hunting for the Higgs boson on Nov. 7th, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM.
Former ATLAS press liason Dr. Peter Jenni and professor Abrahan Seiden of UC Santa Cruz will discuss particle physics and the search for the Higgs mass. Afterward, 7 physicists from LBNL will be on hand imbibing "Higgs cocktails" (composition apparently unknown, but they know what it weighs) and answering questions in an 'Ask the Scientist' format - which means, while drinking.
Free for students and if you are in Frisco and want to attend, schmooze them for the code I would use to attend gratis, since I can't attend this time. Register here.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- "I agree yoga should not be promoted as a treatment for BD, but everyone can gain benefits from..."
- "I had the opportunity to sit on the 3rd baseline at Wrigley, nice field!..."
- "Yes, I've been waiting for this for at least a few decades!Too bad it's use in a dirty bomb would..."
- "Oddly, you took the time to do that research yet lack the ability to do any at all on the topic..."
- "Sure. And you're the king of diction. A google search for your name and crackpot reveals that you..."
- NASA sees Tropical Storm Kalmaegi weakening over Vietnam
- Size at birth affects risk of adolescent mental health disorders
- Artificial 'beaks' that collect water from fog: A drought solution?
- Parts of genome without a known function may play a key role in the birth of new proteins
- Iberian pig genome remains unchanged after 5 centuries