Swissnex San Francisco, the annex of the Consulate General of Switzerland in San Francisco devoted to connecting Switzerland and North America in science, education, art, and innovation, is having a program called Hunting for the Higgs boson on Nov. 7th, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM.
Former ATLAS press liason Dr. Peter Jenni and professor Abrahan Seiden of UC Santa Cruz will discuss particle physics and the search for the Higgs mass. Afterward, 7 physicists from LBNL will be on hand imbibing "Higgs cocktails" (composition apparently unknown, but they know what it weighs) and answering questions in an 'Ask the Scientist' format - which means, while drinking.
Free for students and if you are in Frisco and want to attend, schmooze them for the code I would use to attend gratis, since I can't attend this time. Register here.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Are Insects The Future Of Food?
- Screen For Celiac Disease In High-Rsk Groups Such As Diabetics, Anemics And Down's Syndrome
- Neurons Rewrite Their DNA On The Go
- A 'New World' In A Grain Of Sand - Most Abundant Silicon Oxide In The Universe Now At Room Temperature
- Bumblebee Genomes Create A Buzz In The Pollination Field
- New Approaches To Identify And Treat Suicidal Adolescents
- Happy Meals Of Healthy Foods - A Pilot Program
- "Joe- I would have a much easier time responding to you had you written in English, but I'll do..."
- "Interesting. If he were simply anti-GMO, he could plausibly be a doctor still. Medicine, as a profession..."
- "Ha! Quite nice. There is a lot of wisdom in Di Maggio's words. But I would bet a dime that the..."
- "As the legendary baseball player Joe DiMaggio aged and his athletic legacy was secure, people asked..."
- "Too bad, I will continue to use it.T...."
- Autonomous convergence and divergence of self-powered soft liquid metal vehicles
- Biodegradable nanoparticles as potent antibacterial agents
- Cas9 fof Hep C: A CRISPR antiviral tool
- Incomes are rising and more people will want air conditioning - we need viable green energy
- 7 percent: Landmark hydropower report from DOE