Swissnex San Francisco, the annex of the Consulate General of Switzerland in San Francisco devoted to connecting Switzerland and North America in science, education, art, and innovation, is having a program called Hunting for the Higgs boson on Nov. 7th, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM.
Former ATLAS press liason Dr. Peter Jenni and professor Abrahan Seiden of UC Santa Cruz will discuss particle physics and the search for the Higgs mass. Afterward, 7 physicists from LBNL will be on hand imbibing "Higgs cocktails" (composition apparently unknown, but they know what it weighs) and answering questions in an 'Ask the Scientist' format - which means, while drinking.
Free for students and if you are in Frisco and want to attend, schmooze them for the code I would use to attend gratis, since I can't attend this time. Register here.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Erupting Bardarbunga Volcano In Iceland Sits On A Massive Magma Hot Spot
- Climate Change Caused By The Ocean
- Researchers Created A Laser Bullet To See What It Would Look Like - And Here It Is
- Genetically Modified Stem Cells Kill Brain Tumors
- How Gut Bacteria Ensure A Healthy Brain – and Could Play A Role In Treating Depression
- Psychiatry Should Switch From Symptom-based Prescriptions To Target-based
- Germany’s Green Energy Gamble Could Really Use Some Vorsprung Durch Technik
- "Underage drinking is declining in the US - has been for about a decade. Don't easily available..."
- "A lower range of likely values for climate sensitivity, a larger role from the oceans, if..."
- "But do you understand that these futuristic machines may also be used to study the property of..."
- "Both in this article and the press release from ASU Biodesign are carefully worded allusion to..."
- "These are idiotic concerns. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs aren't always used to treat inflammation..."
- How to sell a toxic pesticide the smart way–call it organic
- Leftist dystopia? Anti-technology fever animates opposition to GMOs and other ‘disruptive’ technologies
- CDC faced a nearly impossible balancing act with Ebola, and failed
- Why Chobani reversed course, making yoghurt only from milk from cows not fed GMO grain
- Monterey, California, hotbed of anti-GMO activism, home to new GMO corn farm
- Evolution is sometimes messy or even outright ridiculous