Swissnex San Francisco, the annex of the Consulate General of Switzerland in San Francisco devoted to connecting Switzerland and North America in science, education, art, and innovation, is having a program called Hunting for the Higgs boson on Nov. 7th, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM.
Former ATLAS press liason Dr. Peter Jenni and professor Abrahan Seiden of UC Santa Cruz will discuss particle physics and the search for the Higgs mass. Afterward, 7 physicists from LBNL will be on hand imbibing "Higgs cocktails" (composition apparently unknown, but they know what it weighs) and answering questions in an 'Ask the Scientist' format - which means, while drinking.
Free for students and if you are in Frisco and want to attend, schmooze them for the code I would use to attend gratis, since I can't attend this time. Register here.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Robot Tongue Identifies The Correct Beer Every Time
- Mystery Of Morgellons - Disease Or Delusion - Scientific Hypothesis Of Connection With Lyme Disease
- Your Probiotic Probably Has Gluten
- Editorial Independence Or Extortion? Frontiers Sacks 31 Editors
- Did The Scottish Settle Iceland A Century Before The Norse?
- Why Does The Public Worry About GM Foods But Embrace Biotech Medicine?
- Highest Energy Collisions ? Not In My Book
- "Well the article you posted just sounded like it was about something else. Starts off: Advocacy..."
- "And I haven't seen any suggestion of malpractice, or that their work is financially motivated,..."
- "In the case of Marianne Middelveen, she can do the tests herself, she says she can see the spirochetes..."
- "You clearly don't understand what the word atheist means. It refers to those who lack a belief..."
- "You are talking like chronic lyme is real in these cases. A person can have bad arthritis. (It's..."