Swissnex San Francisco, the annex of the Consulate General of Switzerland in San Francisco devoted to connecting Switzerland and North America in science, education, art, and innovation, is having a program called Hunting for the Higgs boson on Nov. 7th, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM.
Former ATLAS press liason Dr. Peter Jenni and professor Abrahan Seiden of UC Santa Cruz will discuss particle physics and the search for the Higgs mass. Afterward, 7 physicists from LBNL will be on hand imbibing "Higgs cocktails" (composition apparently unknown, but they know what it weighs) and answering questions in an 'Ask the Scientist' format - which means, while drinking.
Free for students and if you are in Frisco and want to attend, schmooze them for the code I would use to attend gratis, since I can't attend this time. Register here.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Real Meaning Of The Blue Black White Gold Dress
- It's Life, Jim, But Not As We Know It
- Men With Short Index Fingers And Long Ring Fingers Are Nicer To Women
- Whole Food Diet Linked To Greater Cognitive Dysfunction In Alzheimer’s
- Cruithne: Earth's Other 'Moon' Could Reveal Mysteries Of The Solar System
- Creepy IBM AI toy coming for Christmas—the Continuum paradox. Eerie IBM video link below.
- Life happens. AI will happen, probably at Numenta or IBM.
- "I appreciate that climate scientists are now beginning to recognize an element of natural variation..."
- "Doug:What do you mean by R in your graphs, and the circle with a radius arrow?If, as in the case..."
- "Of course there's one possible explanation for the lack of warming - one that is so obvious, but..."
- "I guess the reason FC persists is that it works! Under appropriate conditions large numbers of..."
- "The researchers conclude that given past historical patterns of variation in the AMO and PMO, this..."
- Robust scientific evidence that chronic fatigue syndrome is a biological illness
- Life 'not as we know it' possible on Saturn's moon Titan?
- For patients with brain tumors, insurance status linked to differences in patient safety and quality of care
- Anti-stroke drugs, minus the side effects
- Local media coverage positive toward local businesses