I been having nightmares (a little exaggeration) on trying to contemplate if the arguments stated in EPR paper may have been correct. It is not clear to me whether Bell really did disprove the hidden variables theory.
Is the reality of Quantum Entanglement still an open question?
If we have two entangled particles A and B as an example, has there been any experiment measuring particle A's and freezing that state for a time and measuring B's value anytime later? Most of the experiments I see are continuous streams of photons or particles, split-ted and fed to detectors. But not two isolated systems clearly showing that "spooky action at a distance".
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Suggestion: The EM Drive Is Getting The Appropriate Level Of Attention From The Science Community
- Animal Sex Is Spicier Than We Thought
- Multi-Meter Sea Level Rise This Century? That's Not A Consensus
- Bang! Meet The Highest-Energy Hadron Collision Ever Imaged!
- Bees: Activists Remain Silent While This Pollinator Killer Decimates Millions
- For Now We See Through A Brewing Class, Darkly
- What If We Can 'Pre-Diagnose' Autism In Babies?
- "My response was supposed to be directed to Rich Murray. It seems that you, Josh, thought that it..."
- "OK, thanks. I was wrong and ought to mind my own business. It must have been a strange mood that..."
- "Watching the leopard slug video, I think it's pretty clear they were absolutely loving it...."
- "MORE ABOUT THE TELESCOPES USED TO DISCOVER AND TRACK NEOS - AND THE PEOPLE WHO OPERATE THEMHubble's..."
- "I read about that half a century ago in my Noller’s Organic Chemistry (2nd Edition.) Here’s..."
- Childhood cancer cells drain immune system's batteries
- Genetic tug of war in the brain influences behavior
- New method to predict the amount of nicotine emitted from e-cigarettes
- How bees naturally vaccinate their babies
- Mild hypothermia in deceased organ donors improves organ function in kidney transplant