I been having nightmares (a little exaggeration) on trying to contemplate if the arguments stated in EPR paper may have been correct. It is not clear to me whether Bell really did disprove the hidden variables theory.
Is the reality of Quantum Entanglement still an open question?
If we have two entangled particles A and B as an example, has there been any experiment measuring particle A's and freezing that state for a time and measuring B's value anytime later? Most of the experiments I see are continuous streams of photons or particles, split-ted and fed to detectors. But not two isolated systems clearly showing that "spooky action at a distance".
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Double Mastectomy: 'Angelina Effect' Has Been Long-lasting
- Hurricane Polo
- M60-UCD1: Tiny Galaxy, Supermassive Black Hole
- The Wealth Under Afghanistan
- Mysterious 1808 Eruption - The Real Cause Of The Coldest Decade Of The Last 500 Years
- 'Sleep Node' In The Brain Discovered
- Witness The Singularity AI Nanotech Co-Evolutionary Merger
- "Well, a 2.6 sigma signal always raises the question If this was real, what would that imply?. I..."
- "According to Wikipedia:So that theory is no longer in town? I had imagined a great voice..."
- "You can find the slides on the indico page of the event: https://indico.cern.ch/event/328735/overview..."
- "Now, now, boys. I attempted to be politically neutral in this column. Even if I didn't totally..."
- "Aether has mass. Aether physically occupies three dimensional space. Aether is physically displaced..."
- Even without kids, couples eat frequent family meals
- For legume plants, a new route from shoot to root
- Monster galaxies gain weight by eating smaller neighbors
- The 'Angelina Effect' was not only immediate, but also long-lasting
- Experts issue plea for better research and education for advanced breast cancer