QUEST is launching a new series on the science of sustainability with a half-hour television special, "Lake Tahoe: Can We Save It?" at 7:30pm on Wed. Oct. 16th.
Award-winning journalist and educator Simran Sethi focuses on the many ways in which science, technology, engineering and sheer ingenuity are being used to address sustainability issues related to food, energy, water, climate and biodiversity.
Simran Sethi. Photo Credit: Amanda Friedman
The program features Geoffrey Schladow, director of the University of California at Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center (TERC) and TERC’s Brant Allen, who drops a plastic disc into the lake every ten days to monitor its clarity. Also featured are the US Forest Service’s restoration of an important Tahoe wetland, and inspectors who make sure boats don’t carry invasive mussels into the lake.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- "Question. We know that during the Eemian the Arctic was 8C degrees warmer than today. A core extracted..."
- "This was an inspired rant--much needed. Thank you. I once tried to point out to the Alzheimer's..."
- "Please look up thermal time constant. Study it and get back. Thanks...."
- "At least in the note excerpted from Matthew, we can see why Darwin and Wallace deserve credit not..."
- "Sure sounds like Lillian Hellman: Every word she writes is a lie, including and and the. - Mary..."