A group of editors and producers formerly of NBC, Psychology Today, Nature and Discover have teamed up to launch a new magazine - but it's a little different than traditional science magazines.
They intend to pick a story and then tackle it from a science, culture and philosophy perspective. They will choose a new topic every month and publish a new chapter every Thursday and include reported features, narrative non-fiction, essays, blog posts and interviews, along with fiction, graphic stories, and interactive widgets and games.
The first issue tackles "What Makes You So Special". A Buddhist is next to astrobiologists who are next to neurologists and short story writers and illustrators all tackling our place in the cosmos.
"With our multi-disciplinary and multi-media storytelling, Nautilus will provide distinctive literary and visual access to the most profound questions in science, and illuminate their importance to our lives," says publisher John Steele, formerly of the IMG global sports and media business, the Critheann Entertainment agency and testing firm Pearson. "Everyone from the scientist to the scholar to the intellectually curious will be engaged by Nautilus' probing style."
Nautilus received financial support from a John Templeton Foundation grant.
It's hard in media as a standalone, no one knows that better than me, so I wish Nautilus the best.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Something is wrong in the Arctic
- Is The X(5568) A True Resonance ?
- Order Patterned With Chaos - How Climate Is Predicted For Decades - With Exact Forecasts Only For Days
- Neanderthals: Not So Dumb
- Anomaly! Book Presentation At CERN On November 29
- Should Pregnant Women Be Concerned About BPA?
- "Oh okay maybe they got upset in the same way you did. You could try pointing them towards my Nibiru..."
- "So you can guarantee to me that this is not real yeah thats all i want for this not to be real..."
- "No you don't. It's not real, it's a hoax, any astronomer would just LOL at the idea. These are..."
- "Do I need to do any of that then Mr walker just want the truth are me and my children in any danger..."
- "Oh, don't do any of that. Who has told you to do that? Are they people you would trust with your..."
- Public Citizen Wants You Dead- Not Bacteria
- Pfizer's Centrum Silver Multivitamins Contain Pesticide, Paint, and Glass
- Fly me to the Moon, but hold the altitude sickness
- What's in an Egg? Demystifying the Labels
- Paper Scandal at Science? Microbeads Lying In the Weeds. With A Stolen Computer.
- Honey, Please Pass The High Fructose Corn Syrup