A group of editors and producers formerly of NBC, Psychology Today, Nature and Discover have teamed up to launch a new magazine - but it's a little different than traditional science magazines.
They intend to pick a story and then tackle it from a science, culture and philosophy perspective. They will choose a new topic every month and publish a new chapter every Thursday and include reported features, narrative non-fiction, essays, blog posts and interviews, along with fiction, graphic stories, and interactive widgets and games.
The first issue tackles "What Makes You So Special". A Buddhist is next to astrobiologists who are next to neurologists and short story writers and illustrators all tackling our place in the cosmos.
"With our multi-disciplinary and multi-media storytelling, Nautilus will provide distinctive literary and visual access to the most profound questions in science, and illuminate their importance to our lives," says publisher John Steele, formerly of the IMG global sports and media business, the Critheann Entertainment agency and testing firm Pearson. "Everyone from the scientist to the scholar to the intellectually curious will be engaged by Nautilus' probing style."
Nautilus received financial support from a John Templeton Foundation grant.
It's hard in media as a standalone, no one knows that better than me, so I wish Nautilus the best.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- A Dimuon Particle At 30 GeV In ALEPH ??
- Journalists Be Aware - Your Unverified "Doomsday" News Terrifies Children And Vulnerable People
- President Obama, Why Humans On Mars Right Now Are Bad For Science
- DDoS war: How zombie fridges bit the internet in the ass today.
- EPA Again Delays Report On Safety Of Glyphosate
- Biofuels Are A Climate Mistake
- Plastic: There's Value In Marine Waste
- "NIBIRU HERE NIBIRU THERE NIBIRU BEING SPOTTED EVERYWHERE now tell me im wrong in fact i will go..."
- "Ok so what about the JESSE VENTURE person you ever heard of him like i said its called conspiracy..."
- "Hallelujah, HEP is saved!..."
- "Yes, some of them Nancy Lieder doesn't have a clue about astronomy, she claims the most absurd..."
- "Any of these names mean anything to you Zechariah stitchin,nancy lieder,gill boussard,steve olsen..."
- Placebo: Bubbles Of Nothing Are Still Not Something
- People Who Take Drugs May Be Likelier to Commit Suicide
- Improved 'Screen Time' Guidelines Could Make Parents & Kids Happier
- Dr. Jamie Wells Named One Of America's Top Pediatricians
- Why Did EPA Delay Its Glyphosate Safety Report?
- Scientists Should Fight Postmodern Public Values