Preliminary results of a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trial on osteoarthritis of the knee using ActiPatch Therapy have been announced.
BioElectronics Corporation says the initial interim analysis showed statistically significant results for the primary and secondary outcomes measures. The study is being led by Doctor Gianluca Bagnato, Division of Rheumatology, University Hospital Gaetano Martino, Messina, Italy. The final analysis of the full study data set will be carried out soon and the results have been accepted in the Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases and presented at the European League against Rheumatism 2014 conference.
"The completion of these randomized, placebo controlled trials, on pain resulting from three very distinct musculoskeletal pathophysiological processes, is highly significant," commented Andrew Whelan, BioElectronics CEO. "The data from these high quality clinical trials will be available before the FDA's May 21st deadline for comments on proposed reclassification of our devices to Class II. This schedule will allow us to submit the 510K application without any delay once the final ruling is made by the FDA."
BioElectronics is conducting a series of clinical research studies using its medical devices for other musculoskeletal pain conditions that include, acute nonspecific lower back pain, as well as the surgical indications of postoperative recovery for 3rd molar extraction and hernia repair.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Cometary Globule CG4 - From God's Hand To The Mouth Of The Beast
- Prevent Alzheimer's Disease By Drinking Beer?
- Exposure To BPA – It’s Not What Some People Think
- Religious People View Science Favorably But Reject Some Theories - Just Like Everyone Else
- Spider-Man Webbing: How Many Calories Does It Take To Produce All That Silk?
- Outsourcing: 3 Ways To Stop Medical Research Brain Drain
- Battery Leasing And Better Charging Will Make Electric Cars Popular
- "Aha. Bad journalistic practice, IMNSHO. ..."
- "That's like psychohistory in Azimov's Foundation series... ..."
- "a politician by any other name is still a politician., it doesn't matter what the topic they have..."
- "Agreed. I believe Heinlein clearly identified those two groups as those who want people to be controlled..."
- "The author will certainly remember the very large number of European Garden Spiders which appeared..."
- Study: Blame men for political gridlock in Congress
- Ancient skull proves modern humans colonized Eurasia 60-70,000 years ago
- Old people: the demographic it's still okay to negatively stereotype
- NGC 7714 shows tell-tale signs of a galactic merger
- She thinks friends, he thinks sex - the biological reason