Preliminary results of a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trial on osteoarthritis of the knee using ActiPatch Therapy have been announced.
BioElectronics Corporation says the initial interim analysis showed statistically significant results for the primary and secondary outcomes measures. The study is being led by Doctor Gianluca Bagnato, Division of Rheumatology, University Hospital Gaetano Martino, Messina, Italy. The final analysis of the full study data set will be carried out soon and the results have been accepted in the Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases and presented at the European League against Rheumatism 2014 conference.
"The completion of these randomized, placebo controlled trials, on pain resulting from three very distinct musculoskeletal pathophysiological processes, is highly significant," commented Andrew Whelan, BioElectronics CEO. "The data from these high quality clinical trials will be available before the FDA's May 21st deadline for comments on proposed reclassification of our devices to Class II. This schedule will allow us to submit the 510K application without any delay once the final ruling is made by the FDA."
BioElectronics is conducting a series of clinical research studies using its medical devices for other musculoskeletal pain conditions that include, acute nonspecific lower back pain, as well as the surgical indications of postoperative recovery for 3rd molar extraction and hernia repair.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Wait, Let's Not Be In Such A Rush To Go Multiplanetary Or Interstellar - A Comment On Elon Musk's Vision
- Petition To Youtube To Halt Ads On Doomsday Videos - They Make The Vulnerable Suicidal
- Paleo: In A Clinical Trial, Bread Made With Ancient Grains Could Benefit Heart Health
- Why Psychology Lost Its Soul - Science Replaced It
- Chatelperronian Hominins: Disputed Neanderthal Region Confirmed In France
- Hubble Spots Europa Geysers Again - How They Did It - And What Next? Flyby? Lander?
- No Go Area! What? What is that?
- "Seems you agree with me a few things. How would you make your own scale? (ignoring desire for the..."
- "Well, first there's the timescale. If you build a dyson sphere, you don't have the capability to..."
- "I don't think that much of the Kardashev scale. Especially L2,3 star vs galaxy. How would it be..."
- "When Descartes claimed ... the soul ... is eternal and indivisible... it's obvious he starts with..."
- "Oh, sorry to hear that, I hear this so often. Basically it's like propoganda I think. Propoganda..."
- Is Parenting Kids of Human and Canine Persuasion the Same? Yes!
- Diabetes: MiniMed 670G Hybrid Closed-Loop Insulin System Is A Waypoint To An Artificial Pancreas
- Celebrate Oktoberfest with Beer Chemistry
- Littlest Consumers Doing Well, Nutrition-wise
- Herpes Vaccine Update: Exciting News, But Don't Throw Away Condoms Just Yet
- Ben & Jerry’s Asks Us to Take Big Lick of Fear & Hype
- Antipsychotic medications linked to increased risk of pneumonia in persons with Alzheimer's disease
- Multiple sclerosis misdiagnosis shows need for improved education of clinicians
- Brown adipose tissue can secrete factors that activate fat and carbohydrate metabolism
- Therapeutic Gene Delivery for Inherited Retinal Degeneration in Children
- Molecular atlas of the pancreas