Preliminary results of a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trial on osteoarthritis of the knee using ActiPatch Therapy have been announced.
BioElectronics Corporation says the initial interim analysis showed statistically significant results for the primary and secondary outcomes measures. The study is being led by Doctor Gianluca Bagnato, Division of Rheumatology, University Hospital Gaetano Martino, Messina, Italy. The final analysis of the full study data set will be carried out soon and the results have been accepted in the Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases and presented at the European League against Rheumatism 2014 conference.
"The completion of these randomized, placebo controlled trials, on pain resulting from three very distinct musculoskeletal pathophysiological processes, is highly significant," commented Andrew Whelan, BioElectronics CEO. "The data from these high quality clinical trials will be available before the FDA's May 21st deadline for comments on proposed reclassification of our devices to Class II. This schedule will allow us to submit the 510K application without any delay once the final ruling is made by the FDA."
BioElectronics is conducting a series of clinical research studies using its medical devices for other musculoskeletal pain conditions that include, acute nonspecific lower back pain, as well as the surgical indications of postoperative recovery for 3rd molar extraction and hernia repair.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- True Weight Loss Is Rare
- What May Be Missing From Quantum Computing - A Quantum Middle Man
- AMVA4NewPhysics Logo
- Radiation Detectors Click By Design
- Glacial Quakes As Indicators Of Glacier Disruption
- Patients With Recurrent Depression Have Smaller Hippocampi
- Phase IIb Pivotal Clinical Study Of P2B001 For The Treatment Of Early Stage Parkinson's Disease
- "james first you list homicide and suicide by (your cite was that) and then you say we are not talking..."
- "US gun homicide rate is now down 62% since the mid 1990's peak. Hemingway's research indicated..."
- "With doctors like this, obesity will continue. To suggest that being overweight is as inherent..."
- "Not close-minded when it is fact. You can draw a circle around a Whole Foods and find anti..."
- "Right, that works out to be 11,000, like I said. Of course the UK will have fewer gun homicides..."