Preliminary results of a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trial on osteoarthritis of the knee using ActiPatch Therapy have been announced.
BioElectronics Corporation says the initial interim analysis showed statistically significant results for the primary and secondary outcomes measures. The study is being led by Doctor Gianluca Bagnato, Division of Rheumatology, University Hospital Gaetano Martino, Messina, Italy. The final analysis of the full study data set will be carried out soon and the results have been accepted in the Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases and presented at the European League against Rheumatism 2014 conference.
"The completion of these randomized, placebo controlled trials, on pain resulting from three very distinct musculoskeletal pathophysiological processes, is highly significant," commented Andrew Whelan, BioElectronics CEO. "The data from these high quality clinical trials will be available before the FDA's May 21st deadline for comments on proposed reclassification of our devices to Class II. This schedule will allow us to submit the 510K application without any delay once the final ruling is made by the FDA."
BioElectronics is conducting a series of clinical research studies using its medical devices for other musculoskeletal pain conditions that include, acute nonspecific lower back pain, as well as the surgical indications of postoperative recovery for 3rd molar extraction and hernia repair.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Kudos To "The Independent" Newspaper For Debunking Nibiru "Blood Moon" Hoax
- Dogs Understand Both Vocabulary And Intonation Of Human Speech
- Climate Change Has Less Impact On Drought Than Previously Expected
- Your Microbiome Did Not Cause Your Weight Problem
- Fewer Cardiovascular Drugs Being Studied In Clinical Trials
- USDA Microbiologist Warns Bacteria In Vaping Products May Be A Health Concern
- State Of Academic Freedom 2016
- "Apparently planet 9 exists. Not Nobiru but another dwarf planet. This planet could destroy a couple..."
- "Thank you. You know, I am of the firm belief that if a blog has a title that includes Science in..."
- "Firstly, I want to inform everyone apart from Kaylee that the following doesn't apply to the topic..."
- "Hello again Robert, Once again, thank you for your informative reply. It's wonderful to still find..."
- "Hi Margaret, thanks, glad you like my replay, and any views are welcome here :). It's only trolling..."
- <a href="/news/2016/08/30/some-sugars-help-babies-thrive-9934">Some Sugars Help Babies Thrive <i class="fa fa-angle-double-right"></i></a>
- <a href="/annual-reports">Annual Reports <i class="fa fa-angle-double-right"></i></a>
- <a href="/news/2016/08/29/icymi-acshs-most-popular-articles-summer-9931">ICYMI: ACSH's Most Popular Articles of the Summer <i class="fa fa-angle-double-right"></i></a>
- How Herpes Drugs Work
- The Infrared Sauna: Hollywood's Hot, Pricey 'Magic' Box
- E-Cigarette Flavors, Biotech Courts And More Media Links
- Progress in refining the genetic causes of schizophrenia
- Researchers discover machines can learn by simply observing
- Technique could assess historic changes to Antarctic sea ice and glaciers
- Factors associated with improvement in survival following heart attack
- System may help treat rare genetic disorder, reduce severe side effects