Preliminary results of a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trial on osteoarthritis of the knee using ActiPatch Therapy have been announced.
BioElectronics Corporation says the initial interim analysis showed statistically significant results for the primary and secondary outcomes measures. The study is being led by Doctor Gianluca Bagnato, Division of Rheumatology, University Hospital Gaetano Martino, Messina, Italy. The final analysis of the full study data set will be carried out soon and the results have been accepted in the Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases and presented at the European League against Rheumatism 2014 conference.
"The completion of these randomized, placebo controlled trials, on pain resulting from three very distinct musculoskeletal pathophysiological processes, is highly significant," commented Andrew Whelan, BioElectronics CEO. "The data from these high quality clinical trials will be available before the FDA's May 21st deadline for comments on proposed reclassification of our devices to Class II. This schedule will allow us to submit the 510K application without any delay once the final ruling is made by the FDA."
BioElectronics is conducting a series of clinical research studies using its medical devices for other musculoskeletal pain conditions that include, acute nonspecific lower back pain, as well as the surgical indications of postoperative recovery for 3rd molar extraction and hernia repair.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Are Marijuana Warning Labels Needed? Users Say Yes
- Order Patterned With Chaos - How Climate Is Predicted For Decades - With Exact Forecasts Only For Days
- Is The X(5568) A True Resonance ?
- Something is wrong in the Arctic
- John Glenn, Astronaut, and Senator dead at 95. A Milennial Perspective
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Adolescent Obesity Linked To Permanent Bone Loss
- "Patrick, good to have you back writing about the Arctic condition. Neven has done a wonderful job..."
- "Just to say that I agree with Patrick. Science is not settled by voting and public opinion. Newton..."
- "We should name 2013 FY27 after the Potawatomi God of creation, Kche Mnedo. The Potawatomi are native..."
- "Another reminder. Please can you discuss the ideas rather than call people liars? Neither..."
- "A vigorous supporter of the Petition Project since its inception in 1998, Professor Seitz died..."
- A Possible Antidote for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Surgeon General Declares War on E-Cigarettes But Not Marijuana, Hookah
- NHL's Concussion Protocol, a Closer Look (Part 2)
- Uh-Oh — Smokers Are Drinking the 'Additives Cause the Cancer' Kool-Aid
- A New Way to Prevent HIV Infection
- A Novel Way to Stop HIV