Whey protein has been primarily used by weightlifters but more recently gotten popular with other groups who need food supplements because of their diets. Whey protein is the protein contained in whey, the watery portion of milk that separates from curds when making cheese. The other protein from milk is casein protein.
So it sounds a little strange that True Nutrition is recalling its Whey Protein because its label does not disclose that milk is the source of the whey, when it is by definition derived from milk. The concern is people who are allergic to milk might have a reaction and the recall is voluntary. Obviously, people will not have to return it if they are not allergic to milk.
It would seem to make sense that most people allergic to milk know that whey protein is derived from milk, but the company is recalling the products anyway. Because it simply says 'whey protein' on the label and not 'whey protein which is the the protein contained in whey, the watery portion of milk that separates from curds when making cheese.'
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- A Dimuon Particle At 30 GeV In ALEPH ??
- Journalists Be Aware - Your Unverified "Doomsday" News Terrifies Children And Vulnerable People
- President Obama, Why Humans On Mars Right Now Are Bad For Science
- DDoS war: How zombie fridges bit the internet in the ass today.
- Biofuels Are A Climate Mistake
- EPA Again Delays Report On Safety Of Glyphosate
- Plastic: There's Value In Marine Waste
- "NIBIRU HERE NIBIRU THERE NIBIRU BEING SPOTTED EVERYWHERE now tell me im wrong in fact i will go..."
- "Ok so what about the JESSE VENTURE person you ever heard of him like i said its called conspiracy..."
- "Hallelujah, HEP is saved!..."
- "Yes, some of them Nancy Lieder doesn't have a clue about astronomy, she claims the most absurd..."
- "Any of these names mean anything to you Zechariah stitchin,nancy lieder,gill boussard,steve olsen..."
- Placebo: Bubbles Of Nothing Are Still Not Something
- People Who Take Drugs May Be Likelier to Commit Suicide
- Improved 'Screen Time' Guidelines Could Make Parents & Kids Happier
- Dr. Jamie Wells Named One Of America's Top Pediatricians
- Why Did EPA Delay Its Glyphosate Safety Report?
- Scientists Should Fight Postmodern Public Values