Whey protein has been primarily used by weightlifters but more recently gotten popular with other groups who need food supplements because of their diets. Whey protein is the protein contained in whey, the watery portion of milk that separates from curds when making cheese. The other protein from milk is casein protein.
So it sounds a little strange that True Nutrition is recalling its Whey Protein because its label does not disclose that milk is the source of the whey, when it is by definition derived from milk. The concern is people who are allergic to milk might have a reaction and the recall is voluntary. Obviously, people will not have to return it if they are not allergic to milk.
It would seem to make sense that most people allergic to milk know that whey protein is derived from milk, but the company is recalling the products anyway. Because it simply says 'whey protein' on the label and not 'whey protein which is the the protein contained in whey, the watery portion of milk that separates from curds when making cheese.'
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Is The X(5568) A True Resonance ?
- How We Predict Climate For Decades - Yet Can't Forecast Weather For Ten Days - Chaos Patterned With Order
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Neanderthals: Not So Dumb
- Time, Wittgenstein And Language Scaffolding
- Should Pregnant Women Be Concerned About BPA?
- Russian scientists increase DVD storage capacity million times
- "I've just written this up as a short article:I get some people who ask me to reassure them that..."
- "Hi Tommaso, I really want to read your book but the price looks rather high for such a product..."
- "As the great Andrew Martin once said One is glad to be of service. :-)But seriously, this..."
- "Tracy, no there is nothing to be scared of. I get some people who just ask me to reassure them..."
- "Is there anything to be scared of then Mr walker coz these who are saying its real are saying we..."
- At High Altitude with Buzz Aldrin
- Another Day, Another Children's Homeopathic Product Recalled
- Annoying Studies’ Series: Newborn Weight Gain (Again!)
- Five PM? Time for Breakfast!
- Include Aerobic Fitness in Physical Exams, Heart Association Recommends
- Female Vervet Monkeys Assault Males that Do Not Participate in Fights