Whey protein has been primarily used by weightlifters but more recently gotten popular with other groups who need food supplements because of their diets. Whey protein is the protein contained in whey, the watery portion of milk that separates from curds when making cheese. The other protein from milk is casein protein.
So it sounds a little strange that True Nutrition is recalling its Whey Protein because its label does not disclose that milk is the source of the whey, when it is by definition derived from milk. The concern is people who are allergic to milk might have a reaction and the recall is voluntary. Obviously, people will not have to return it if they are not allergic to milk.
It would seem to make sense that most people allergic to milk know that whey protein is derived from milk, but the company is recalling the products anyway. Because it simply says 'whey protein' on the label and not 'whey protein which is the the protein contained in whey, the watery portion of milk that separates from curds when making cheese.'
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Religious People View Science Favorably But Reject Some Theories - Just Like Everyone Else
- Outsourcing: 3 Ways To Stop Medical Research Brain Drain
- Spider-Man Webbing: How Many Calories Does It Take To Produce All That Silk?
- Battery Leasing And Better Charging Will Make Electric Cars Popular
- Wine Production - Now With More Robots!
- Why Climate Scientists Shouldn't Testify Before Congress
- Adult Stem Cells Used To Grow New Hair
- "From 2004:BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Cat pounces on pilot mid-flight which raised the headline..."
- "Were they really written by the same person? Often they are not. Hank sometimes puts his personal..."
- "The first three paragraphs of your article clash with the relatively cogent review of the published..."
- "Seven years is too short. 18+ years of warming hiatus is too short too when it pertains to questioning..."
- "Nothing false about it. They are the only two groups that count, meaning everything else is window..."
- Biofouling: Ocean acidification changes make a difference
- Cantona: Long series of droughts doomed Mexican city 1,000 years ago
- Flame retardants linked to preterm birth
- Erratic as normal: Arctic sea ice loss isn't predictable in the short term
- Long-necked 'dragon' named Qijianglong discovered in China