Whey protein has been primarily used by weightlifters but more recently gotten popular with other groups who need food supplements because of their diets. Whey protein is the protein contained in whey, the watery portion of milk that separates from curds when making cheese. The other protein from milk is casein protein.
So it sounds a little strange that True Nutrition is recalling its Whey Protein because its label does not disclose that milk is the source of the whey, when it is by definition derived from milk. The concern is people who are allergic to milk might have a reaction and the recall is voluntary. Obviously, people will not have to return it if they are not allergic to milk.
It would seem to make sense that most people allergic to milk know that whey protein is derived from milk, but the company is recalling the products anyway. Because it simply says 'whey protein' on the label and not 'whey protein which is the the protein contained in whey, the watery portion of milk that separates from curds when making cheese.'
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Is That A Real Patient Or A Junkie? Now There's An App For That
- Antarctic Sea Level Rising Faster Than Elsewhere
- How The Higgs Became The Target Of Run 2 At The Tevatron
- How Neuroscience Is Being Used To Spread Quackery In Business And Education
- You Are Ready To Eat Insects If You Have These Characteristics
- MOOCs: Learning About Online Learning, One Click At A Time
- Global 'Roadmap' Shows Where To Put Roads Without Costing The Earth
- "god is dead i am god news flash you never had a soul if you did i own it now. its true most people..."
- "Although I appreciate the good intentions of the author to foster awareness of brain BS... it remains..."
- "Short term neutrino physics is the main focus. R&D on a muon collider is the long term plan..."
- "Sriracha: like PhotoDaddy said, the photon is an electromagnetic wave. It has an E=hf wave nature..."
- " Sorry, pure bunk. You are saying that there is no EM wave in-between the creation and the detection..."
- Changing global diets is vital to reducing climate change
- Sinkholes, pit craters, and small calderas: Analog models of depletion-induced collapse
- Senior Home Nutrition Menus Get Optimized
- Greenhouse whitefly – will the unwanted greenhouse guest make it in the wild?
- Training your brain to prefer healthy foods