Whey protein has been primarily used by weightlifters but more recently gotten popular with other groups who need food supplements because of their diets. Whey protein is the protein contained in whey, the watery portion of milk that separates from curds when making cheese. The other protein from milk is casein protein.
So it sounds a little strange that True Nutrition is recalling its Whey Protein because its label does not disclose that milk is the source of the whey, when it is by definition derived from milk. The concern is people who are allergic to milk might have a reaction and the recall is voluntary. Obviously, people will not have to return it if they are not allergic to milk.
It would seem to make sense that most people allergic to milk know that whey protein is derived from milk, but the company is recalling the products anyway. Because it simply says 'whey protein' on the label and not 'whey protein which is the the protein contained in whey, the watery portion of milk that separates from curds when making cheese.'
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Mystery Of Morgellons - Disease Or Delusion - Scientific Hypothesis Of Connection With Lyme Disease
- Include Men In Osteoporosis Screening Guidelines
- Environmentalism Win: DuPont Pioneer Creates Unemployed People In Kaua'i
- Highest Energy Collisions ? Not In My Book
- Bang !! 13 TeV - The Highest Energy Ever Achieved By Mankind ?!
- Is Loki The Missing Link In The Evolution Of Complex Cells?
- WHO Reports: Obesity Crisis In Europe
- "I have been suffering for four years. It has been an agonizing, moment by moment of horrors. I..."
- "Thanks, glad to have helped. And wonderful to hear that your symptoms are so much improved :)...."
- "Myth#3A:Australia borders both in the Western Pacific AND the Indian Ocean. We call a typhoon a..."
- "Okay for what she says about BDD, see her paper here: Association of spirochetal infection..."
- "Bovine Digital Dermatitis was connected to morgellons disease because of wart-like and hair-like..."
- Vaccines developed for H5N1, H7N9 avian influenza strains
- European Medicines Agency recommends full approval of ibrutinib to treat Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia
- In Northern Ireland, sectarianism has become sextarianism
- RegeneRx Phase II Dry Eye Trial results
- How schizophrenia risk gene DISC1 affects the brain